• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for NOT losing you children @ parks

I haven't tried this, but read it and though it was a good idea.

Videotape, or take a digital picture of your child in the morning before leaving the room. Then if you need to describe them or clothing, you can refer to it. It could be easy to forget when in a panic.

Originally posted by crisi
For older kids (seven is probably still too young) having a meeting place that everyone goes it if you get seperated can be a good idea.
Seven is NOT too young for this. Especially if it is something done often.

Originally posted by tojth
Watch out for the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground at MGM. When my daughter was 4, with 3 adults watching her, she got lost in there.

- Jackie

Your right about that. My kids love the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground but it makes me a nervous wreck. I just can't relax there constantly trying to see me DD.

Know those luggage tags they send you when you book. Well forget them on the luggage. I Type all my daughters information on it. Name, age, hotel, cell number, Mommy and Daddy's names and a picture of us inserted in it too.

Never had to use it, but it made me feel better.

And they worked really well. Now I will still have them to use for future endeavors. Have a fun trip!

Hats did the trick for us. Each time we go to WDW I look for matching baseball caps that will stand out in a crowd and everyone had to wear one of them all of the time. One year it was the logo of the company my husband works (an Ugly standout blue color on a white hat). It worked great. Since very few people wore them in the summer time, it made it very easy to spot members of our party. One year I made the mistake of getting wool baseball hats in the old fashion style. The were unique but hot. The bill and front was a maroon color, and the hat was ivory. The best part is that it read "Pooh" on it. Yes every CM would yell at us that we had pooh on our hats and would we like a rag to wash it off.
Since we stay for a week at a time, the hats were less expensive than getting shirts for each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter