I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

Jimmy was yelling and BOOing at Captain Hook, to which Hook responded...
I love when things like that happen!

I was astonished later on looking through my pictures to see that this is the picture my zoomed in lens had captured anyway. It looks like I did it on purpose for instagram or something LOL
It's not a bad picture, just funny that, wasn't what your were going for.

We were disappointed that we wouldn't be seeing the Maleficent float due to the terrible accident she'd had earlier in the year....even more disappointed by this sad little gazebo that replaced her!!
This was pretty pathetic! But she is back!!! I think I want to see the parade on our trip just to see her!

Imagine my surprise when the sound was piped in back here (I did not think it would be!) and I turned around to catch this pic!
Great photo! And so glad you enjoyed the moment.

He wanted to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway...I did not.
What?!? You didn't want to ride Tomorrowland Speedway?!? Why? I am secretly glad that it will be closed when we are there.

We headed to one of our favorites, the Peoplemover, and to my delight (and my husband's complete confusion) the lights were on in Space Mountain!!!!!!! I remember saying, "The only thing that could make this better is if we have to be evacuated from this ride!!" He's like, "Why would you ever wish for that to happen?!" He just doesn't understand.
Andy would be the same way. I am pretty sure Morgan or Gwen would vow never to ride on Space again if they saw it like that.

Technically, Stitch DID get to come home with us...because Mommy is a sucker on the last night of the trip, and just can't say no.
Such a perfect ending! And that looks like the regular sized stich doll... Gwen has Angel. I snagged a bigger version from Disney Store during a 70% off sale. I dont' think it is as big as the ones in the parks but she still loved it. I got it super cheap, like $15!

Awww your day really sounded like the most perfect. It's amazing how when those happen, even if not everything went out to plan, they feel just so right. And what a way to end seeing Space Mountain from the PeopleMover with lights on. Glad to hear that with only two days, you and the whole family still left feeling the magic. :goodvibes

Great pics with the country bears and of the parade! What an overall perfect disney day! I’m glad you could see the fireworks still, that’s a very magical picture you caught!

Well, what's a Magic Kingdom day without the 3:00 parade, I ask you!?

I've actually skipped it the last few times because without the Maleficent float it's just not as fun. I'm so excited that she's back now and can't wait to see it in May!

Jimmy was very excited to see some of the Country Bears wandering around.

A boy after my own heart! You are raising him right. :rotfl2:

Jimmy was yelling and BOOing at Captain Hook, to which Hook responded...

That is just awesome!

It looks like I did it on purpose for instagram or something LOL

Very artsy. ::yes:: I've had a few of those happy mistakes before.

A birthday wave from Pluto!

:wave:

I turned around to catch this pic!

Beautiful!

"The only thing that could make this better is if we have to be evacuated from this ride!!" He's like, "Why would you ever wish for that to happen?!" He just doesn't understand.

Yep, you aren't a true Disney fan if you don't want to be evacuated from a ride. :rotfl:Having that happen a few years ago on Dinosaur made my trip for me!

Technically, Stitch DID get to come home with us...because Mommy is a sucker on the last night of the trip, and just can't say no.

Yay!

What?!? You didn't want to ride Tomorrowland Speedway?!? Why? I am secretly glad that it will be closed when we are there.
:rotfl:

Such a perfect ending! And that looks like the regular sized stich doll... Gwen has Angel. I snagged a bigger version from Disney Store during a 70% off sale. I dont' think it is as big as the ones in the parks but she still loved it. I got it super cheap, like $15!
It's the baby Stitch wrapped in the blanket. He was the perfect size, but I know next time we go, Jimmy will try to sucker us into buying the big one again!!

Glad to hear that with only two days, you and the whole family still left feeling the magic. :goodvibes
It was really perfection!! :tinker:

A boy after my own heart! You are raising him right. :rotfl2:
He screamed "BIG AL!!!" I thought, Ariana would be so proud LOL

Yep, you aren't a true Disney fan if you don't want to be evacuated from a ride. :rotfl:Having that happen a few years ago on Dinosaur made my trip for me!
Oh, I forgot that happened to you!!! What an awesome ride to be evacuated from!

June 29-30, 2018

Like all good things, this road trip, too, had to come to an end.

Sadly, this morning was the day we would FINALLY start to head back home to Chicago. We woke up and packed everything we needed back into the car. We took a slow stroll soaking up the last bits of magic on our way to Everything POP! to grab some breakfast before hitting the road.

20180629_073710 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Even Baby Stitch was upset to be leaving!!
20180629_083437 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I wish I could stay forever!!!! :(:sad1::sad:
20180629_085104 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We made our way northward, eventually spending one night in Tennessee somewhere.
20180629_190058 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
See?

20180630_071823 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20180630_073732 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20180630_084634 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Home Sweet Home
20180630_160004 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

When we got back home, the Disney Blues hit me hard, but I made a full recovery after finding a terrific deal on some new luggage!! The carry on was available right away, and the other was shipped to my home within a couple days after that. Both pieces were 50% off, and I just HAD to have them.
20180902_123942 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180905_205258 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
What? You've never taken a luggage selfie??

After our amazing vacation, I finally had to go back to my second job in retail at a Hallmark store, but I drank out of my resort mug to make myself feel better. #itsthelittlethings
20180922_090038 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Over the summer, I had been doing the runDisney Virtual Shorts races and had completed my June and July 5Ks. Jimmy really had his eyes on one of the medals, and I told him he could have it if he did the August 5K with me. So, one morning in August, we set off as a family to help Jimmy achieve his goal.
20180727_091355 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180727_092047 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180727_094546 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180727_100104 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180727_100458 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180727_100642 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

And, so, there you have it! What started as a runDisney event TR ends with a runDisney event. How's that for full circle!? I am pretty crazy about my #Incredible family.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!! And for sticking it out over a year while I finally got this report written!!! I have two trips planned this year that I can't wait to experience...and maybe I can even stay organized enough to share them here with all of you!! :lovestruc

Coming up:
May Trip: pixiedust: My Most Magical Birthday EVER!
December: Grinchmas at USO, A Very Merrytime Cruise AND WDW NYE!

20180905_205258 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
What? You've never taken a luggage selfie??
I mean no, but I don't have luggage that cool. Mine is just green.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!! And for sticking it out over a year while I finally got this report written!!! I have two trips planned this year that I can't wait to experience...and maybe I can even stay organized enough to share them here with all of you!!
Great trip report!!!! Thanks for sharing your epic trip.

December: Grinchmas at USO, A Very Merrytime Cruise AND WDW NYE!
Yeah!!!! to having trips planned!

Always so sad to leave, but I'm glad you found every way possible to deal with the PDD. And the whole fam looks so cute with your Incredibles 5K medals. :goodvibes Thank you for sharing all your latest adventures, Disney and otherwise! You and your fam are a fun magical bunch, truly.

And omg a MAY BIRTHDAY TRIP?! YAY FOR MAY BABIES!!!! :mickeyjum

Sadly, this morning was the day we would FINALLY start to head back home to Chicago.

:sad:

We made our way northward

I bet you drove right by my exit on your way through Atlanta. ::yes::

Both pieces were 50% off, and I just HAD to have them.

Nice! What a great deal.

Jimmy really had his eyes on one of the medals, and I told him he could have it if he did the August 5K with me. So, one morning in August, we set off as a family to help Jimmy achieve his goal.

Awe, that sounds like a fun family thing to do! I've tried a few times to get Jim to join me for a 5K but he hates to run so he won't do it. I will have a companion for the one I'm running in April this year. It's called the Street Dog Dash and I'm going to take Ellie with me. :dogdance:

Whoot!! 90 days to go!

Great trip report!!!! Thanks for sharing your epic trip.

Yeah!!!! to having trips planned!
Thanks for reading along!! :)

Always so sad to leave, but I'm glad you found every way possible to deal with the PDD. And the whole fam looks so cute with your Incredibles 5K medals. :goodvibes Thank you for sharing all your latest adventures, Disney and otherwise! You and your fam are a fun magical bunch, truly.

And omg a MAY BIRTHDAY TRIP?! YAY FOR MAY BABIES!!!! :mickeyjum
Thanks for reading!! :) I am pretty lucky to have my magical little bunch!!

May is THE BEST!!

Awe, that sounds like a fun family thing to do! I've tried a few times to get Jim to join me for a 5K but he hates to run so he won't do it. I will have a companion for the one I'm running in April this year. It's called the Street Dog Dash and I'm going to take Ellie with me. :dogdance:
Oh, that is awesome!!! :) That will be a fun run for sure!

Whoot!! 90 days to go!
YES!!! 3 months from TODAY I'll be counting the minutes til I can get out of school and head to the airport!!!

Even though it was a mistake I love the high five photo! How awesome! I love when you get those special character moments in a parade! I still remember Jasmie and Aladdin waving to me when I was like 3 or 4!!

And those run disney races sound super cool! And what a fun family activity!

Hope you do a trip report for your May trip!

What a fun summer trip and your Disney days look wonderful, ahh you made me want to cry, listening to your love of Disney! We watched the HEA by Liberty Belle this week and it was wonderful, I could sing out as loud as I wanted and we had plenty of room to dance around!

I enjoyed your report and it will be so fun to meet in May:thumbsup2

Even though it was a mistake I love the high five photo! How awesome! I love when you get those special character moments in a parade! I still remember Jasmie and Aladdin waving to me when I was like 3 or 4!!

Hope you do a trip report for your May trip!
Yes, I love those special little moments that make you feel like that parade is just there for YOU! :)

I will definitely do a report for the May trip and eventually the December one, too!!

What a fun summer trip and your Disney days look wonderful, ahh you made me want to cry, listening to your love of Disney! We watched the HEA by Liberty Belle this week and it was wonderful, I could sing out as loud as I wanted and we had plenty of room to dance around!

I enjoyed your report and it will be so fun to meet in May:thumbsup2
That sounds like total perfection!! :) I love having room to spread out!

Looking forward to it!!! :)

Leaving Disney is always so sad! I enjoyed reading all about your trip!
Thanks for reading along!!! I CAN.NOT.WAIT. to read about your current trip!! :) Loving following on Instagram!

I'm finally back here just long enough to do a little catching up! Thanks so much for sharing your summer adventures with us. I really enjoyed reading about your trip(s).

Imagine my surprise when the sound was piped in back here (I did not think it would be!) and I turned around to catch this pic!

That is an amazing picture!! I love the teacups at night!

We headed to one of our favorites, the Peoplemover, and to my delight (and my husband's complete confusion) the lights were on in Space Mountain!

So cool!

I drank out of my resort mug to make myself feel better. #itsthelittlethings

I use mine all the time since we came back!

I've really enjoyed your TR! Can't wait for the next one :)

I stopped getting notifications for this for some reason :sad1::confused3

What a perfect Disney day! I love your shirt! I've never ridden on a main street vehicle but now I am thinking I might have to add that to my list!

I love the runDisney shorts! I did the first one they did but haven't done one since.

Can't wait to hear all about the May trip and December one once those are done. Reliving the trip is almost.. ALMOST as good as being there! I hope on your May birthday trip you have a giant blue glowy drink for me!

That is an amazing picture!! I love the teacups at night!
Me, too!!! They're just extra magical then :)

I've really enjoyed your TR! Can't wait for the next one :)
Thanks for reading along!!

I stopped getting notifications for this for some reason :sad1::confused3
That keeps happening to me, too!! Thanks for coming back :)

Can't wait to hear all about the May trip and December one once those are done. Reliving the trip is almost.. ALMOST as good as being there! I hope on your May birthday trip you have a giant blue glowy drink for me!
Oh, you know I will!! CHEERS!

Hi, Lesley!! :) Oh, yes, his absolute favorite!! He is begging to go back to WDW...I am DYING keeping the secret that he will be in Orlando this summer. He won't, however, be at Disney World, we are surprising him with Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!!!!
Got excited and then depressed.
I was thinking I'd be able to see you again and meet DH and DS, but you're going over to the dark side. :darth:
:sad2:

Oh wait...the bane of being late to the party...evidently this was LAST summer.
To quote Genie from Alladin...Boy, do I feel sheepish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!