I was over sensetive and I know it

So next time a driver sounds evious of where I live I am supposed to explain it helps me remain independent and the extea security helps my mom and I sleep better at night

So next time a driver sounds evious of where I live I am supposed to explain it helps me remain independent and the extea security helps my mom and I sleep better at night
I would most likely just respond, "Yes, I love living here." Maybe the driver is a jerk, maybe you are overly sensitive, or maybe the driver has poor social skills. I would just blow it off and not pick that driver again (unless he made you feel unsafe).

It's

It's just small talk. the rule is you never get personal with small talk. If you want a route to go say "Thanks, I love it here but hate when the weather does ___" Weather chat is easy to derail to and very hard to misconstrue. It's a tactic I've taught the antisocial hubby for making small talk.

Try not to worry too much about it. The comment didn’t seem offensive but most of us have either misinterpreted things or been too sensitive at times. And...3 stars isn’t even that bad. I suspect the driver isn’t concerned.

Lyft Driver - Gee it must be nice to live in this area
Me - Hell yes it is!

Lol
I like your sens of humor I will have to rember that and he might not like the fact that I am within walking distance of almost everything because that is money out if their pocket

My rule of thumb is only leave positive reviews. It’s better to rant here in DIS Boards than to damage someone or a business on the internet. Everyone has a bad day or said something they shouldn’t have said. Plus it’s much more enjoyable to leave positive feedback!

If you feel badly about it chalk it up to experience & only leave future positive reviews.
Maybe delete your review somehow? Can you call someone about it?

If someone gives you a smart answer or you had a bad meal someplace, stayed at a less than desirable hotel others will have the same experience, chances are they won’t make it In their line of business unless they change their ways. People don’t repeat a place if they don’t care for something.

I like your sens of humor I will have to rember that and he might not like the fact that I am within walking distance of almost everything because that is money out if their pocket
Not to be mean but once again you are over thinking this brief passing in your day. He’s totally forgotten you. You don’t need to keep thinking about this.. he probably just said to be nice. It wasn’t meant to be negative. Put behind and move forward. I assume this wasn’t first Lyft/Uber ride and won’t be the last. If this has happened just once chances are nobody will say it again. It’s not important enough to keep harping on and bringing up. If that stressful or worrisome to you maybe talk to somebody.

They really don't care that most everything for you is within walking distance because there are so many other people who take Lyft or Uber. Also, don't assume they are jealous or envious of you because of where you live. They may actually be your neighbor or live in a nicer area. He was probably just making small talk like most drivers do.

My rule of thumb is only leave positive reviews. It’s better to rant here in DIS Boards than to damage someone or a business on the internet. Everyone has a bad day or said something they shouldn’t have said. Plus it’s much more enjoyable to leave positive feedback!

If you feel badly about it chalk it up to experience & only leave future positive reviews.
Maybe delete your review somehow? Can you call someone about it?

If someone gives you a smart answer or you had a bad meal someplace, stayed at a less than desirable hotel others will have the same experience, chances are they won’t make it In their line of business unless they change their ways. People don’t repeat a place if they don’t care for something.
I often make decisions on where to eat, stay & how to travel based laregly on others' reviews. It is a disservice to the consumer, whose money gets wasted, for only positive experiences to be reviewed, and for the negative ones to be hushed up. I want to know others' bad experiences so I can avoid the same problems they had. I also have the perspective to know that one bad review in a sea of good reviews doesn't indicate that the place/service was bad. Most people understand that.

There is absolutely no reason for the OP to change her review.

The question is how do I fix it

The story

So after some difficulty we finally get to my condo all the driver could say in a not so nice matter is gee it must be nice to live in this area I was not going to point out the obvious that my family picked it because I dont drive so being as close to everything is needed

But I have used lyft for over a year and never has a driver given me a hard time about where I live

He might have been trying to make conversation and I missed it

But all i heard was criticism from the moment I got in the car to the moment I was droped off

So I gave him 3 out of 5 stars is their anyway to fix it or in the future give my self a cooling of period before rating and tipping him
You did nothing wrong, so there is nothing to fix. The comment was rude, and 3 stars is the absolute max rating he should have gotten for speaking that way to a customer.

,,,he might not like the fact that I am within walking distance of almost everything because that is money out if their pocket
Nope...that's a PLUS for a driver. It means that for most places you go, you can walk instead of taking an incredibly short ride. Driver's hate very short rides because they are unprofitable.

To give you an example, whenever I am in the vicinity of the University of Miami, I turn my apps OFF. Why? Because if I leave them on, there is a 100% chance that I am going to have to drive 5 minutes to a dorm, wait for a couple of minutes for my riders, and then drive them literally across the street (across US 1).

There are pedestrian bridges crossing US 1, but 20 year olds don't walk anywhere off campus. I have had rides from UM that were 2/10 - 3/10 of a mile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter