I want to surprise my dad on Father's Day!!

Mickeyrella

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! :) I know that I am new around here but I hope soon I'll get the hang of things on this forum, being said that... I want to surprise my dad on Father's Day.

My parents are DVC members and I've been going to Disney since I was 1 year old! (I'm about to turn 21 in just 15 days :cool1:). For the past few years, we've make it a rule to go every Christmas or New Years to celebrate with the rest of the family. My parents and me just moved to the US (in Florida) just 5 years ago, so it is easier for my family to come and then go to Disney for a mini-vacation, they are not that into the Disney magic and because they are visiting us we just accommodate to whatever they want to do. But it is really frustrating sometimes that they ALWAYS want to do things offsite.

So I was thinking of surprising my dad this year for Father's Day... I was thinking on taking him to Biergarten since he's German and he grew up most of his life there, but I've never been there and I was wondering if you could give me some info about the restaurant? I already know about the menu and the unique seating they have, but would you take your father there? What is the "experience" of the restaurant? And what other suggestions do you have? My choices are somehow limited because it is very close to the date, but it won't hurt to try :) I would prefer taking him to Epcot because it is favorite park and he hasn't been there in ages, basically due to my family always wanting to go to US or IOA and my dad not being able to ride those kind of rides... So I know it would be special for him to go to Epcot I just would like some reviews or stories of people that have already been to Biergarten!

Sorry for the long post :blush: and thank you very much in advance!

I was wondering if you could give me some info about the restaurant?
. . . it is a German "style" eatery
. . . but, for a German, it is still Americanized

I already know about the menu and the unique seating they have, but would you take your father there?
. . . not if he is German

What is the "experience" of the restaurant?
. . . it is good for those not exposed to German beer halls
. . . it is unique in the respect
. . . but, not up to true German beer hall standards

And what other suggestions do you have?
. . . they evidently like off-site
. . . take him to Sea World Aquatica
. . . it is a good water park
. . . rides he can do, and sights/sounds he would like
. . . just get there by 11:00am to get a good chair location

First of all, :welcome:

Secondly, Happy Birthday!

Third, I find the food at the Biergarten fairly authentic, for a restaurant in Orlando, Florida. I've lived there, too (in Germany, not in the Biergarten), and it compares favorably to some of the gasthauses and restaurants I've enjoyed in the Hessen area. The "show" is pure Disney tourist, but after a liter or two of beer, who cares?

First of all, :welcome:

Secondly, Happy Birthday!

Third, I find the food at the Biergarten fairly authentic, for a restaurant in Orlando, Florida. I've lived there, too (in Germany, not in the Biergarten), and it compares favorably to some of the gasthauses and restaurants I've enjoyed in the Hessen area. The "show" is pure Disney tourist, but after a liter or two of beer, who cares?

Thank you so much for the welcoming love :hug:
I understand if it's not truly German, but I think I'm going to give it a try, we live in Wellington and honestly there's not a bunch of true Germans restaurant around here that I know of, so maybe he'll like it! And going to Epcot will bring a lot of memories to us!

I was wondering if you could give me some info about the restaurant?
. . . it is a German "style" eatery
. . . but, for a German, it is still Americanized

I already know about the menu and the unique seating they have, but would you take your father there?
. . . not if he is German

What is the "experience" of the restaurant?
. . . it is good for those not exposed to German beer halls
. . . it is unique in the respect
. . . but, not up to true German beer hall standards

And what other suggestions do you have?
. . . they evidently like off-site
. . . take him to Sea World Aquatica
. . . it is a good water park
. . . rides he can do, and sights/sounds he would like
. . . just get there by 11:00am to get a good chair location

I would definitely take Aquatica in consideration, my dad loves waterparks, we always go to BB but it would be fun to try something different! Thank you so much! :) I'll also look into other restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter