I want adventure in the great wide somewhere (comments welcome)

172.0 :cool1:

My PT said I can start easing into running again! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I ran/walked today for 3.1 miles at a 4 min walk/ 2 min run interval. It went pretty well, I felt great. My hip/crest is a little tweaky today, but not too bad. I'm going to keep icing it and doing the PT exercises and hopefully I'll be able to keep the run intervals in. Such a strange place to get injured. It used to always be my knees!

I've got an appointment set up with the trainer at work (we have a great wellness program) for next week to give me a stretching and strengthening program to help avoid running injuries in the future. I suspect (dread!) lots of core work will be involved.

I'm really hoping to be able to do a strong walk/run at the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 10k in a little over a month. NO MORE INJURIES!!!

I guess my PT probably isn't going to be happy with me. Apparently I define "easing back into running a little" by doing 6.2 miles today. I did do most of it at a 4 min walk/ 2 min run interval (except the last mile that I just ran straight). And I DID consciously try to run slower during my run sections.

I just had a psychological hang-up on the 10k mark since that's the last long run I tried to do when I bonked and felt like absolute garbage and had to quit early. I'm thinking it really was lack of carbs in my diet combined with a little heat exhaustion and pushing my speed up too much.

Anyways, today felt pretty good. My iliac crest got tweaky during the run, but I applied pressure to a tight spot on the top side of my butt and that took the pain away. I iced my side after the run and took 2 advil and it feels fine now. I'm hoping it feels ok tomorrow.

I did try a new kind of sports bean today, the fruit punch flavor. It was much better than the orange flavor. And it did perk me up. I stopped at the water fountain at 2 and 5 miles and ate half the pack each time.

Today I ran 3.16 miles 4/2 intervals with the jogging stroller, in 34:31 at 11:03 avg pace. I managed to get DS into the jogging stroller with a little bribery (potato chips) and a little crying which I ignored. After about 5 minutes he accepted that we were going to use the new stroller and he decided to enjoy the ride.

My work has a fitness program where you can choose to track your workouts and get an annual fitness assessment and blood work and if you do well enough you get $350. The fitness assessment has stretching and strength and card sections. I ended up getting a PERFECT score on all three sections!!:banana: :banana: :banana: they said that it was super hard to get perfect scores, so I really feel like this training (almost eight months!) has really made changes to my fitness and health, eve if I'm technically still in the obese BMI section.

Yay!

I missed this before: awesome job! Way to go.

I guess my PT probably isn't going to be happy with me. Apparently I define "easing back into running a little" by doing 6.2 miles today. I did do most of it at a 4 min walk/ 2 min run interval (except the last mile that I just ran straight). And I DID consciously try to run slower during my run sections.

I just had a psychological hang-up on the 10k mark since that's the last long run I tried to do when I bonked and felt like absolute garbage and had to quit early. I'm thinking it really was lack of carbs in my diet combined with a little heat exhaustion and pushing my speed up too much.

Anyways, today felt pretty good. My iliac crest got tweaky during the run, but I applied pressure to a tight spot on the top side of my butt and that took the pain away. I iced my side after the run and took 2 advil and it feels fine now. I'm hoping it feels ok tomorrow.

I did try a new kind of sports bean today, the fruit punch flavor. It was much better than the orange flavor. And it did perk me up. I stopped at the water fountain at 2 and 5 miles and ate half the pack each time.

Sounds like a good run!

I got a 3.2 mile run/walk in on Tuesday even though my workout buddy was out of town. I did 4 min walk/2min run intervals for the first two miles and then ran the last mile, but at a pretty slow pace.

I saw a different PT for my iliac crest problem and he agreed with me that it wasn't my hip flexor or ITB but that I had pulled an ab muscle doing bent leg situps for the fitness assessment a month ago. It's gradually getting better and I have maybe learned a lesson about overdoing it when my ego is acting up. I hadn't done situps in a year, but I forced out the 25 needed for full points on the fitness assessment when I had no business doing so.

I think being overweight makes me overcompensate to "prove" to others that I'm fit even if I'm not thin. I know lots of people assume that people can't be athletic if they're not slender, but I also know that lots of that kind of judgment is just in my head. The majority of the people I come across aren't judging me one way or another, they're probably too caught up in their own issues and lives to care whether I'm thin or fat or athletic or a couch potato. In other words, I need to stop feeling like I have something to prove to people who really don't care anyways.

I'm going to have to run with the toddler in the stroller tomorrow. Hope I survive it!!

174.2 :confused3

I guess the good mood diet isn't making the scale move down after all. Although I do think it is very healthy. Of course, I haven't really been following the servings properly, just focusing on the good food concepts. I was hoping that would be enough, but I guess I'm going to need more drastic measures to get past this plateau!

I have had success with weight watchers in the past, so maybe I'll try that again. I am thrilled with my 30lb weight loss, but for my health and my vanity, I really want to lose 30 more, so I can't get complacent and just stop. Plus, I need to look cute in my Merida outfit at the Princess 1/2 Marathon.

I walked/ran 3ish miles this morning. I say 3ish because my GPS/Runtracker App crapped out on me this morning and said I ran 3.5 miles in 29 minutes. :rotfl2: Yeah, I don't think so either.

I decided to run early so I wouldn't have to push the jogging stroller. There are also some thunderstorms predicted this morning so I didn't want to risk missing the run due to weather. I work 10 hour days Monday through Thursday and DH works 5 days a week, so on Fridays I have to be done with my run by 7am or else I have to take the toddler with me. And I have to leave by 8am for the bus stop with my middle schooler, so the timing is tight. Once it cools off (within the next few weeks), it will be easier to run in the afternoon or evenings. Running in the pitch dark is really peaceful but just a little scary. DH is not happy with me for running in the dark, but it's just because he's worried about my safety. Hopefully this is the last morning it'll be necessary.

176.0 :worried:

OK, I did it. I knew I needed to do it but I didn't want to. But, I knew deep down that it was the right decision. I joined Weight Watchers online yesterday. I'm not going to start tracking until Monday but they had a sale that ended yesterday, so I went ahead and signed up.

I've eaten like it's going out of style yesterday and today. And the funny thing is, other than the halloween oreos, all the other crap just doesn't taste good to me anymore.

I had a great run today. I did 4 min run/ 2 min walk intervals for about 6.5 miles and then walked one more mile with a friend. 7.5 miles. Yay.

I did a 4 mile walk/run at a 10:30 pace. Most of it was at a 4 min run/2 min walk interval and it felt pretty good. Running with temps in the 60's is awesome!

I tracked my Weight Watchers points all day yesterday. I'm pretty happy about that, and I'm confident that this is going to get me back on track!

Hi April! Just popping in to say hello. GOOD FOR YOU for working your way back on the wagon. Yesterday was yesterday, and today is still being written!

172.0 :thumbsup2

I ran 3 miles today, mostly running with a few walking intervals interspersed in there. Avg pace was 10:30 minutes per mile. It was crazy humid and windy from Hurricane Sandy's outflows. I think this is the fourth tropical system I've run through this year!

My running buddy has a stress fracture in her foot! So I'm worried about her getting better and it's kind of freaked me out about injuring myself. I tend to be an all or nothing, 0 or 90mph kind of person. Which means, despite knowing full well that I have plenty of time and that I should err on the side of taking it slow and steady that I end up talking myself into going too fast or too far too soon.

I'm struggling with the part of my training plan that has me dropping my long run down to 3 or 4 miles every other week. This weekend is scheduled for 4 but I keep hearing (figuratively, don't worry!) this little voice pointing out that the 10k is less than 4 weeks away and don't I want an awesome time for a good corral placement Inge princess half? And won't it stink to come in last? And maybe adding a 7 miler this weekend would help... OK now I have gotten that out, I hope it helps me make the right decision on Sunday. Only 4 miles!!! Slow!!!

Weight Watchers is going well, I've tracked points all week. I'm really excited to be close to 169. That represents leaving obesity and only (hah) being overweight. To celebrate, I'm planning to buy myself a garmin 10 and a new running skirt (SparkleTech). 2.1 pounds to go!!

Just popped in here to say hello April. I read all 4 pages and I am amazed at your running and ..... what's the word........ "pushingthroughitness" ;)

You are right near my goal weight. I know it isn't out of the overweight range, but it was the right goal for me. I will see once I get there if I want to keep going.

And plateaus are a scary thought. I dread it happening, but I am aware and prepared!

Just popped in here to say hello April. I read all 4 pages and I am amazed at your running and ..... what's the word........ "pushingthroughitness" ;)

You are right near my goal weight. I know it isn't out of the overweight range, but it was the right goal for me. I will see once I get there if I want to keep going.

And plateaus are a scary thought. I dread it happening, but I am aware and prepared!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes My first goal weight was under 200, then 185 (my pre-infertility gain weight), next is under 170 (out of obesity), then 158 (my pre children weight from 15 years ago), then the final and really a stretch for me goal is 135, which is what is considered the top of my ideal weight range. If I get stuck anywhere under 158, I'll hopefully be happy with that, even though it's technically still overweight. For me, that's a size ten and I'm ok with that! Good luck on your journey. I figure everyone falls down a lot, the trick is to just keep picking yourself up and moving forward, right?

171.4 :cool1:

I'm so happy to see the scale moving down again! After that long plateau, seeing a new number is pretty exciting.

I ran 4 miles today. So, I met my goal of not going too far, but I did do it probably too fast for me. Right around 10:30 min/miles which I'm happy about, but Sundays are supposed to be the slow runs, and that's fast for me. Part of the problem is that it was cold! Ok, Florida cold, which means in the 50's, but I don't have cold weather running clothes, so my hands and arms were freezing. I knew if I ran faster, I'd warm up faster... It's about to get colder tonight, highs in the 60's for a few days (again, my apologies to my Northern readers). I do love the colder temps for running, I just have to go buy a few longer legged or longer sleeved outfits for running. So, I'd better get under 170 soon so I can get my new running outfit (and Garmin) reward!

I'm so nervous about my 10K on Thanksgiving. My goal is under 1:10, which I hope I can do, but I hate the concept of finishing last. It's my stupid ego/self esteem issues. Since I'm not a "typical runner" - ie skinny, I feel like I have to prove that I can run as well as anyone. Well, last year, 372 of 438 finished in less than that time, so even if I meet my goal time, I'll be bring up the rear. Only 4 people finished in over 1:30. Doesn't that seem like a fast field?

I know that it is stupid to feel this way and I have no illusions about winning, but I have this hang up about finishing last or near last. Ugh, I need to grow up!!! Or, maybe I just need to recruit a bunch of slower people to race it. :laughing: Just kidding!

Weight watchers is going well. I went to a Halloween party at my mom's today and took some soup to eat before the party just to fill up. I snacked a little and had a small plate of food. I had one bite of a cupcake but it wasn't absolutely awesome so I stopped. This is NEW behavior for me. :yay: Normally, I'd just finish it. I had some pudding instead as a sweet treat.

I won't be under 170 tomorrow but I really hope I will be by next Monday. Then I get to SHOP!!!

Good for you April!
You saw the scale go down AND you didn't finish a so-so cupcake! That is a definite behavior I want to stick to. When we were at the Renn Faire I didn't finish my half of the cupcake because it really wasn't very good. The cake was dry but the frosting was delish. (and then the scale went up :()
One day at a time!!!!!

Good for you April!
You saw the scale go down AND you didn't finish a so-so cupcake! That is a definite behavior I want to stick to. When we were at the Renn Faire I didn't finish my half of the cupcake because it really wasn't very good. The cake was dry but the frosting was delish. (and then the scale went up :()
One day at a time!!!!!

Thanks! When sweets are set out at work, I try to convince myself they taste dry and gross, so I am less tempted. Great job on your cupcake victory too!

I ran 3.2 miles today with only one 2 minute break after mile 2. It was 45 degrees outside and my only long sleeved tshirt is kind of thin, so my belly skin had some kind of crazy reaction to the cold. It got all red and itchy for an hour or so. I guess I really am a delicate Southern flower :rotfl: .

I was happy with the run, but my iliac crest pain is flaring up again. I'd really like to put off going back to the doctor until after the Thanksgiving 10k. I thought it was a pulled oblique muscle, but now I'm wondering if my whole right pelvis is out of whack. Guess I need to see the chiropractor to see if they can help...

Point counting is still going well. Less than two pounds to get my new running gear reward!

Hi there! Just wanted to say hi! I joined WW online in June of this year and I have lost 20 pounds so far. It works well, for me anyway. So, you are not alone. :)

Glad to know the scale is moving down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!