I think I found Mickey Waffle mix!!

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
I am totally obsessed with Mickey Waffles! Strange thing is I do not like any other kind of waffle! I have tried endlessly to make them, googling recipes, trying to find their secret. The only thing I came up with was adding vanilla. I didnt help.

I recently was on a trip to Tucson, AZ. The hotel I stayed at offered a buffet breakfast each morning with a make your own waffle station. I gave it a whirl one morning and OMG...it was Mickey Waffles! Not the same shape, or course, but that was definitely the same taste and texture. I asked for the name of the mix in the dispenser. They told me it was Heartland Waffle Co. I am SURE this is what Disney uses.

When I came home, I went straight on the computer to see where I could buy it. Unfortunately, its only available in large scale for hotels, schools etc.. Anyone want to go in on a 75 lbs bag of waffle mix with me ? !!!

It's actually this brand here and you don't have to buy 75 pounds of it! lol

https://www.goldenmalted.com/

Hmmmmmm.....not sure I exactly believe it. The one I had was EXACTLY the same, but since I can get Golden Malted in a normal sized canister, I will give it a try. If it doesnt come out tasting just like a Mickey Waffle, I will have to buy the 75 lbs bag of Heartland Mix and you and all the people who liked your post will have to come to my house for breakfast :) !!

Thanks for the info.

Hmmmmmm.....not sure I exactly believe it. The one I had was EXACTLY the same, but since I can get Golden Malted in a normal sized canister, I will give it a try. If it doesnt come out tasting just like a Mickey Waffle, I will have to buy the 75 lbs bag of Heartland Mix and you and all the people who liked your post will have to come to my house for breakfast :) !!

Thanks for the info.
If you go on the Golden Malted website you will find a timeline showing their history. In the 1970's they started supplying the mix for Disney waffles.

IHOP also carries the Golden Malted Brand.

I am totally obsessed with Mickey Waffles! Strange thing is I do not like any other kind of waffle! I have tried endlessly to make them, googling recipes, trying to find their secret. The only thing I came up with was adding vanilla. I didnt help.

I recently was on a trip to Tucson, AZ. The hotel I stayed at offered a buffet breakfast each morning with a make your own waffle station. I gave it a whirl one morning and OMG...it was Mickey Waffles! Not the same shape, or course, but that was definitely the same taste and texture. I asked for the name of the mix in the dispenser. They told me it was Heartland Waffle Co. I am SURE this is what Disney uses.

When I came home, I went straight on the computer to see where I could buy it. Unfortunately, its only available in large scale for hotels, schools etc.. Anyone want to go in on a 75 lbs bag of waffle mix with me ? !!!

I am so excited! We have tried so many different recipes that claim they are Disney waffles. I just ordered some of the Golden Malted brand. I can’t wait to try it!

You can also buy any locally available waffle mix and add malt to it. You can buy malt powder at King Arthur's website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!