I saw this elsewhere: "Disney banning vloggers"

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
I saw that Disney Tokyo is banning vloggers/bloggers from filming rides/attractions etc. I sincerely hope WDW will follow suit! Not sure if I can post the link, but a google search will lead you there.

I saw that Disney Tokyo is banning vloggers/bloggers from filming rides/attractions etc. I sincerely hope WDW will follow suit! Not sure if I can post the link, but a google search will lead you there.
Sure you can post the link. If it's one of a very few banned sites it will ******** out.

Tokyo Disneyland did not actually change their policy on vlogging. They slightly modified their policy and English speaking blogs chose to post that story without knowing what policies actually changed. See this thread from a user with expert knowledge on TDL for more info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/tokyo-disney-prohibiting-disney-vlogging.3895759/#post-64298486

In terms of WDW changing their policy, I doubt it. Vloggers are free advertising for Disney. If Disney really hated them, they would've cracked down on it a long time ago.

Just spent a week at WDW and didn't see a single vlogger...nor did we see any in May or last December. It just isn't as big a problem as some would make it out to be at WDW. In Tokyo? No clue.

In terms of WDW changing their policy, I doubt it. Vloggers are free advertising for Disney. If Disney really hated them, they would've cracked down on it a long time ago.

I don’t mind people vlogging most places, but I’d really love to see it banned in restaurants and swimming areas. Some vloggers are respectful, but many are not.

I may be in the minority here…I don’t mind vloggers for the most part (in the “traditional” sense - they turn on camera, film a clip, turn off camera) but I can’t stand the live streamers. They are rude and film everyone and anyone with no sense of respect for people’s privacy. I know the possibility of being in a YouTube video is an inherent risk of being in the park but the live streamers feel a little stalker-y and it makes me very uncomfortable that I’m being followed around with a camera pointed at me the whole time. When I notice them I change direction to get out of the shot but I’m not always able to/want to have to pay attention to that all day. I don’t want my kids on the internet for people to mock in the chat. I’ve seen it happen and most people will never know.

I’m fine with vloggers in most places as I really enjoy watching their vlogs. However, as a shorter person in the back of test track, the taller person in front of me put their phone in the only good spot I had a view of and all I could see the whole ride was the view through their phone. To me that was a big problem after standing in the line for so long. I’d be very happy for them to ban on ride videos or just allow them for vloggers attending special media events - the way they do it for Halloween horror nights.

Arrrgh. As long as ye keep yer yap shut while I'm on the potc ride and don't use yer flash, I'm a fine with ye vloggin. Otherwise, ye phone will be takin a swim to Davey Jones Locker.

Last edited:
I love watching Disney vloggers. Many of the ones I watch Disney themselves have reached out to and have asked them to be part of their social media. Like Paging Mr. Morrow, SuperEnthused, & Michael K.

In theory, I don't mind them, but there are a couple of things they do that I do not like:

1. Talking over ride narration with a handheld camera. If you must film rides, do it without talking and use a camera harness that is close to your body. Keep the darned camera out of other guests' line of sight.
2. Film with narration in restaurants or pool areas. Take photos if you must, but keep me & mine out of them, and do your narration later when you edit them. And no, I will *not* change seats so you can get a better shot.
3. Film selfies while walking in the theme parks. Especially whilst walking backward. If you are walking, then keep your eyes on where you are going, not on your own face reflected in a screen.

The big crackdown that Disney parks are (very rightly) doing right now is banning phones being held on rides or carried in open pockets on rides. People are getting hurt when others lose their grip on their phone and it goes flying into someone else's body, not to mention the loading delays when phones are dropped under ride machinery. Put the phones away securely on rides: if your pockets don't zip or otherwise securely fasten shut, then put it on a lanyard down your shirt or use a strong wrist strap.

Last edited:
I ignored them but found some of them to be annoying. Unless they're impacting the Guest experience in a negative way I wouldn't ban all of them. I don't follow any vloggers anyway, what can they tell me that I don't already know?

If a blogger or vlogger reaches a certain level Disney has private events to reward them. Usually, they and a guest get a discounted resort stay, free admission into the parks and a pretty lavish private party. Only the top people are invited. Most of the vloggers on YouTube do not make the cut.

If a blogger or vlogger reaches a certain level Disney has private events to reward them. Usually, they and a guest get a discounted resort stay, free admission into the parks and a pretty lavish private party. Only the top people are invited. Most of the vloggers on YouTube do not make the cut.
Actually there are several YouTube vloggers that have been asked to join Disney’s media team.

Vloggers are free advertising for Disney. If Disney really hated them, they would've cracked down on it a long time ago.

Yea, they give them free rooms and make them pretend like they like H2O toiletries. Pretty sure "cracking down" isn't the plan.

I work special events around NYC, some of them are huge events by Fortune 100 companies. These companies often invite many of the very popular social media influencers / "content creators" and arrange special days and times for them to come in ahead of the events. The influencers get swag bags, special gift bags or baskets filled with samples of the stuff at our events, with the reciprocity that these influencers will do free advertising to their hundreds/thousands of followers and get them to come to the event.

We often depend on the influencers spreading the word for us and helping to make our events successful. Nothing worse than renting out a huge event space, putting up fancy decorations, sometimes having special booths or signage made for the event, having a large amount of staff on hand, bringing in a large amount of food, freebies and samples to hand out, and fun activities to do at the events, only to have a pathetic turnout due to the word not getting out about the event. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter