I need some info on sideways cat. 11 cabins....please?

markmyboy

Mouseketeer
I just need to know if the ones on deck 5 can fit 4 people, or for that matter if ANY of the sideways cabins fit 4 people? Does anyone know if any of these are better than the others? We are just looking for something a "little" different after 5 DCL cruises!! Not much of a change, but hey....most of the cabins ARE the same!!

Thanks for any info(pictures?)

We've been in those sideways Category 11 cabins on Deck 5 forward twice, once on the Wonder and once on the Magic. They fit 4 people. In my opinion, the layout is better than the traditional (not sideways) Cat 11 staterooms on other decks because when you enter there is a large space to enter into, rather than a narrow hallway between the closet and the bathroom. There is more privacy for the bathroom area. You have an extra wall between the bathroom and the closet to put your luggage. It worked very well for me, DH, and our two young DDs. In addition, Deck 5 forward is a good location bec it has less traffic, it is close to the kids clubs, the movie theatre and is only a deck away from the shops and the theater.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

thank you thank you thank you!!!

we also love deck 5 forward as we have twice been in a SPR & were told by a DCL rep once that those are the only rooms up front that hold 4 people? I figured that was not true & that someone here on the DIS would know the scoop!! thanks again

We stayed in a sideways cabin in January and my parents also had one. Both were on Deck 6.

Neither one of those cabins slept 4.

We loved the layout of the sideways cabin. It seemed much more spacious (which is just an illusion of course) than the regular cabins.

We have booked a sideways cabin for our next cruise.

Does anyone know the cabin #'s on deck 6 that are sideways? I Also would love to see a pic. I had no idea these even existed :confused3

According to the ship's layout, these are the sideways cat 11 on deck 6

MommyMouse said:
Does anyone know the cabin #'s on deck 6 that are sideways? I Also would love to see a pic. I had no idea these even existed :confused3

These pictures were taken on the Disney Wonder January 8-12/06 sailing. It is cabin 6011.

efa5f413.jpg

efa5f3d9.jpg

efa5f3a7.jpg

You are all so awesome! I did some googling & found that a few of the people who stayed in the deck 5 sideways cabins noted there was significant noise from the theatre below, while also stating that they were typically not in the room during show times, so it didn't effect them TOO much!!

THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much for the pics WDWLVR :goodvibes I wish we had known about those before our present booking in May. We also get a Cat 6 across from the Cat 11, and I think being sideways may be more space friendly. Oh well...I'll tell DH we'll have to rebook onboard so we can try those out next time :teeth:

The Difference in a sideways cabin is the location of the door. Instead of being off the hallway from the bathrooms, it is in the middle of the room. It is not bigger, but does give the illusion of being bigger. When you come into the room, you aren't met with a narrow hallway, but the open living area

WDWLVR said:
Cruisin - great pictures. Would you mind adding them to this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1025732

Sure I'd be glad to do that for you.

markmyboy, our cabin was not noisy at all, if you don't count the children that were running up and down the hallway ;)

martinezfamily1126, the sideways cabins are not bigger but they FEEL bigger just because of the way you enter them.

There is a steamer trunk for storage in the sideways Category 11's that is not in the regular Category 11's. Also there is no conflict with the bathroom door and the stateroom door, if someone is going in or out of both of them at the same time.

We had never been in one before and were wondering also what they would be like. We have no hesitation in staying in a sideways cabin again, actually we specifically booked one for our next cruise. Not that we'd turn down an upgrade of course :smooth:

markmyboy said:
You are all so awesome! I did some googling & found that a few of the people who stayed in the deck 5 sideways cabins noted there was significant noise from the theatre below, while also stating that they were typically not in the room during show times, so it didn't effect them TOO much!!

THANK YOU!!

Yes, I totally agree on this one. It would bother you on Deck 5 forward if you were an afternoon napper because the matinee shows might be going on and it can get loud because of the music.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm slated for a sideways deck 5 room as well. I'm hoping that the theater sounds won't be too loud.

How long are the shows anyway? An hour? Thats not too bad.

:confused3 We will be on deck 5 forward...room number 5508, does anyone have the room numbers of thoes sideway rooms and also are they all inside cabins?
Thanks for the info.....

Denise

Dixielady908 said:
:confused3 We will be on deck 5 forward...room number 5508, does anyone have the room numbers of thoes sideway rooms and also are they all inside cabins?
Thanks for the info.....

Denise

5508 is an outside cabin, category 8.

Sideways cabins are all category 11 and all inside cabins. There are only 18 of them.

Cruisin said:
Sure I'd be glad to do that for you.

markmyboy, our cabin was not noisy at all, if you don't count the children that were running up and down the hallway ;)

martinezfamily1126, the sideways cabins are not bigger but they FEEL bigger just because of the way you enter them.

There is a steamer trunk for storage in the sideways Category 11's that is not in the regular Category 11's. Also there is no conflict with the bathroom door and the stateroom door, if someone is going in or out of both of them at the same time.

We had never been in one before and were wondering also what they would be like. We have no hesitation in staying in a sideways cabin again, actually we specifically booked one for our next cruise. Not that we'd turn down an upgrade of course :smooth:

Thank you so much! I've edited the first post to credit you with the addition. Nice to have a central location for the room pictures and I know people are always curious on the sideways Cat 11's.

WDWLVR said:
Thank you so much! I've edited the first post to credit you with the addition. Nice to have a central location for the room pictures and I know people are always curious on the sideways Cat 11's.

I'm glad to help because I know before I cruised in that cabin, I was wondering what it looked like too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter