• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need new dishes....what ones are your favorite?

I've got Fiestaware, I bought it all piecemeal off of E-Bay and probably paid 20% of what I would have in a store. It's all different colors with no rhyme or reason about it. If a piece breaks I just buy another piece of Fiesta in whatever clor I can find the cheapest.

It's very colorful and it seems to hold up well.

Anne

My dishes are white Mikasa. They have been very durable, but the one thing I dislike is how the bowls stack up. They don't fit together well. I think maybe Corelle dishes are better for this, as well as other patterns of Mikasa. Whatever you pick - go lightweight and durable!

For myself, I chose white because it can go any direction - add napkins and placemats - and it can go formal, informal and match any season. But colorful plates can be fun too.

Fiesta- We just bought 2 place settings each of 6 different colors. Our first new dishes in 26 years- It was time and they are beautiful!

Another Fiestware family. We have a 12-place setting, two each of six different colors. Long-lasting and gorgeous!

I have been searching for a Fiestaware child's tea set that is reasonably priced, but no luck yet (I can't quote no matter how hard I try :smooth: )

The megachina website shows the childrens tea set. I'm going in there now to order a setting for 8 plus Moms b-day is next week and she would love a sunflower yellow set. Thanks for the link!

Another vote for Fiestaware! I have EVERY color and my dear mother always buys me new pieces for birthdays and holidays. They are sooo durable. I have used them for 14 years and have yet to break a dish....even with 3 kids. I also buy the big platters to use as dinner plates when we are having a big meal. LOVE MY FIESTAWARE!

Helen

The fiestaware looks fun......now picking the colors....I like the cinnabar and the yellow but would the cinnabar show the scratches? My kitchen is sage green with red yellow black accents.... Do they have a sage green?

Thanks for all the input!!

wmackleit said:
The fiestaware looks fun......now picking the colors....I like the cinnabar and the yellow but would the cinnabar show the scratches? My kitchen is sage green with red yellow black accents.... Do they have a sage green?

Thanks for all the input!!

I don't think cinnabar is too bad--at least mine isn't. The color I notice scratching most with is cobalt and only on the dinner plates (from cutting meat, I suppose) and they don't look bad, just noticeable. We use our plates all the time, too. Plus, some are about 5 years old.

They don't produce a sage green. Mega China shows all the colors. :thumbsup2 If you want to stay with your kitchen color scheme, know that cinnabar isn't a fire engine red (you could probably tell that from the pics, but I know that is popular now, esp. with all the Kitchenaid stuff). The dark colors do show more scratches, if that is a concern you could get black pieces to mix in and just not get dinner plates in black. Fiesta is so fun.

I'm glad there are so many other Fiesta fans. :cheer2:

I have the Longaberger dishes and I absolutely love them! The colors are awesome! The dishes are about $45 for 2...but of course are cheaper if you have a party and get a whole 16 piece set. That is what I did.

Pfaltzgraf all the way! I absolutely love mine. IF you register them, and they chip they will replace them for free, they will just send you a new one.

My MIL had a salsa bowl chip, and she called them and they sent her the whole new chip and salsa bowl package.

The are everyday, yet formal as well.

I have Mikasa French Countryside which is all white and goes with everything and is durable. I love it!!! They even have a Christmas pattern for mugs and salad plates that goes with this. I bought my whole set for $40 at a garage sale. Most of it was brand new in boxes. 12 dinner plates, 12 pasta bowls 8 cereal bowls, 8 cups & saucers & serving pieces. I was going to buy Italian Countryside, but when I saw this I couldn't resist!

I have corelle for my everyday dishes. I love Fiestaware but DH would take my checkbook if I purchased all of the colors I want. :furious: I have a few pieces of Fiesta that I have been getting from bettycrocker.com. :angel: They are great and you can mix and match any colors you want. :rotfl:

Calliaz said:
:cheer2: Fiestaware! :cheer2:

I really like the durability of Fiestaware and they have some great colors. I have a dinner plate, salad plate, and bowl from each color and I like that I can just mix and match for something fun. My favorite reseller is: http://www.megachina.com/ because they will let you mix-and-match colors within a set.

I Love my Fiestaware! Everytime a new color comes out, I buy a dish, or bowl, or something. Have had it for a few years now and not one broken piece. Macy's/Strawbridges usually have it on sale, buy one, get one 1/2 off, or something like that! :sunny:

I grew up with corelle. MY mom had her set for as long as I can remember and still uses the smaller salad plates. Remember the green flower ones.

I had a small set of corelle when I was first married. They were white with a red ring and a blue ring around the edges. I liked them but I didn't buy enough of the set. I gave them to my sister to use.

I have had my current set of corelle for almost ten years now and I am always getting comments on them. They are white with blue flowers around the edges. What makes them unique is the fluted edges all around the edges of the dinner plates. I've only see two or three patterns that had the fluted edges.

I bought a fun basket weave pattern in bright, Native American colors from Target years ago. It was a 4 place setting for about $25. It is still one of my favorite designs. I also found a nice whimsical, handpainted, floral motif from the dollar store. :cool1:

I have a set of Denby stoneware that I've been using for about seven years now and they still look as good as the day I bought them. I will probably die before these dishes do!

lilprincessnbuzz said:
I like the plain white Corelle dishes.
Me too. I get mine at the Corningware outlet store. I sometimes match them with colored or patterned pieces if I'm trying to be creative.

Our favorites are "divider" dinner plates that have three different sections. Great for those of us that don't like our foods to touch.

We also have some plates with the fluted edges another poster mentioned. It makes them look quite elegant for cheap plates.

I have tons of bowls in all sizes and shapes, which seems to be what we use the most of.

Sheila

Macy's has the fiestaware going on sale on Thursday buy one get one free and they are $40.00 set normally...plus you get 10% off if you use your Macy's card. I was thinking I would get 2 peacock, 2 sunflower, 2 scarlet, 2 tangerine.
This seems like it could be addictive......the colors are all so fun!!

I love my dishes from Pier 1. I received them for Christmas two years ago and they are still looking great. They have lots of great colors and patterns and when you can get them on sale they are a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter