I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

@pkondz - quick question for you as the resident Canadian - St John & Halifax - worth a visit? Looking into a New England/Canada cruise as something to fill in my extra days :cutie:

@pkondz - quick question for you as the resident Canadian - St John & Halifax - worth a visit? Looking into a New England/Canada cruise as something to fill in my extra days :cutie:

I've never been to St John but I enjoyed Halifax.
Well, let me rephrase that.
Ruby and I did a tour of a local beer brewery that was fun.
I strolled the Boardwalk which was nice.
We found a fun restaurant that we liked.
The farmers market was an absolute waste of time, but that might be because we were there in the fall instead of tourist season.
We didn't have time for the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic which was too bad. (They have actual artifacts from the Titanic.)
Speaking of the Titanic, there's a cemetery there where several Titanic victims are buried.
Didn't have time for that either.
And even I wasn't interested in the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

However...
The Province itself is beautiful.
If you can get some kind of tour that takes you out of Halifax to see Peggy's Cove or even Lunenburg.
Or a tour to the Bay of Fundy (Highest tidal bore in the world I believe) where you can walk on the ocean floor
(And no... I didn't have time for that either... but I wanted to!)

I've never been to St John but I enjoyed Halifax.
Well, let me rephrase that.
Ruby and I did a tour of a local beer brewery that was fun.
I strolled the Boardwalk which was nice.
We found a fun restaurant that we liked.
The farmers market was an absolute waste of time, but that might be because we were there in the fall instead of tourist season.
We didn't have time for the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic which was too bad. (They have actual artifacts from the Titanic.)
Speaking of the Titanic, there's a cemetery there where several Titanic victims are buried.
Didn't have time for that either.
And even I wasn't interested in the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

However...
The Province itself is beautiful.
If you can get some kind of tour that takes you out of Halifax to see Peggy's Cove or even Lunenburg.
Or a tour to the Bay of Fundy (Highest tidal bore in the world I believe) where you can walk on the ocean floor
(And no... I didn't have time for that either... but I wanted to!)

Well I'm considering this cruise https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.a...10-01&sDateMax=2016-10-31&sailDate=10/16/2016 which stops at both ports. I'd only have a shore day in each spot but I figure that part of the world would be pretty in October (what with all the fall leaves an all). Plus it means I could do Boston which I've always wanted to do.

Well I'm considering this cruise https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cruises/7NightCanadaNewEnglandCruise-SR07N025?currencyCode=AUD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-10-01&sDateMax=2016-10-31&sailDate=10/16/2016 which stops at both ports. I'd only have a shore day in each spot but I figure that part of the world would be pretty in October (what with all the fall leaves an all). Plus it means I could do Boston which I've always wanted to do.

October is when we were there.
I know you're not keen on driving on the wrong side of the road, but if you do, you could easily visit Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg in the time provided.
I did that in one day (plus a few other spots). There's a car rental agency close to the dock.

ETA that drive was probably the prettiest I've ever done.
I kept exclaiming every few minutes.
Stopped at a little spot for some excellent clam chowder, too.

That is awesome! I would go there just for Battlestar Galactica! I loved that show so much when it was on and still get hooked into binge watching it. Great report!

Thanks. I've never watched Battlestar so I'm not sure if it captured anything from the show but it was a fun coaster!

I've always wanted to ride this in Orlando!

Me too! Although the ride vehicle is different so I'm still going to need to borrow a child when I'm back in Florida :rotfl:

I remember seeing this movie in the theaters when it came out and I loved it. I'm afraid to watch it again, because it will probably ruin my memory of it being good. :rotfl:

You wouldn't want to ruin that memory - you'd just end up with the rest of us who've seen it and regret it!

Didn't you get the memo of Christmas accessories?

Must of missed it :cutie:

I LOVED Disaster, it was so corny it always made me smile. I hate that Orlando is replacing it with a Fast/Furious attraction, but hopefully it will be good.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Twister go. Saw it when it was new in 2002 and thought it was awful.

Glad you had a nice time!

Twister was awful but it's still one of my favourite childhood films and I can pretty much recite the entire film!

Interesting to note. Since I (as a lot of your readers, I suspect) had no clue how much $74SGD was, I looked up the conversion rates.
I was very surprised to see that $1AUS = $1CDN = $1.01SGD.
Sure makes converting easy!

Oh, and $1USD = $1.45AUS if anyone else is reading this.

Thanks - I usually try and put both AUD and USD but forgot to put in the comparison for SGD.

And don't remind me of the US=AUD rate - It's making me depressed how much this trip will end up costing me!

Sounds like not as busy. That's usually insanely busy time at WDW.

I suppose Christmas isn't that big in most parts of Asia with Buddhism, Islam or Hinduism being the main religions over there.

Note to self. Bring bull horn.

Or be a child under 10 it seemed.

Oh, really?
So let's see... One round trip ticket Winnipeg to Singapore... about $1,300.

Might be worth it.

If you can get it under $1,000 go for it!

Not tempted to ride both sides? Or are they similar enough that it doesn't matter? (other than the inversion part)

I was going to do it later in the day but sort of forgot....:rolleyes1

Nice! Did you do that yourself? What post processing software did you use?

No processing software - just my awesome new camera!

A castle? In a theme park?
Novel idea.

:rotfl:

Seems wider than Disney's though.

It definitely was. It had an attraction, a store and something else all underneath it so it was pretty wide.

I've done that.
But I just love it too much.

Oh, well. Like Ruby likes to point out: "I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. This is my vice so leave me alone."

I managed to do from 1 Jan until I arrived at Animal Kingdom in August last year so I'm hoping I can stick with it for longer this time.

Pretty!
And look at that smile! You were obviously having a good day! :goodvibes

:blush:

Not surprising.
The dude can direct, but he ain't no actor.

It was more the fact that it seemed like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than filming it that I enjoyed.

"Welcome to Slushie-World! Home of the ten foot slushie statue!"
"Wow! Thanks! Can I have a slushie?"
"No! We don't serve those! We only do hot dogs!"

:rotfl2:

What happened?!?!? Where'd everybody go???

No clue. And I didn't want to jinx it by asking around :goodvibes

Hmmm.... Parts of me are recoiling in horror (part "Small World") while parts of me are intrigued.

Don't recoil - it was just to boat element I swear!

Thanks so much for that Jessica! :)

You're more than welcome.

You are far braver than I. Dueling - eek. Tallest - eek. Dibs out!

:laughing:

But I do enjoy Revenge of the Mummy! Maybe it's better because it's dark, so I don't get as freaked out.

Interesting theory.

Now you're just trying to make me feel special for getting soaked in Florida!

I didn't get a single drop of water on my on the Florida one. The LA one on the other hand required the purchasing of a new sweater!

Yes, Universal Florida is cruel, "dangling" that forbidden ride right under our noses and not letting us onto it.

The Florida ride is one I've added to my list of pros and cons of having a kid someday. Pro - get to ride Pteranadon flyers :laughing:

Yup - found it interesting to the same degree at Universal California.

I don't remember seeing it in LA but that was um 17 years ago :-)rolleyes1) so I'm not even sure it was there then.

And don't remind me of the US=AUD rate - It's making me depressed how much this trip will end up costing me!

Ugh... I know. Try multiplying all your expenses by a family of four on top of that.

I suppose Christmas isn't that big in most parts of Asia with Buddhism, Islam or Hinduism being the main religions over there.

Good point.

Or be a child under 10 it seemed.

I am a child under 10.

If you can get it under $1,000 go for it!

Woot! Let's go seat sale!

I was going to do it later in the day but sort of forgot....:rolleyes1

How could you forget! Who forgets stuff like that!

:rolleyes1

No processing software - just my awesome new camera!

That was done in camera!?!?!? No way!

It definitely was. It had an attraction, a store and something else all underneath it so it was pretty wide.

Huh.

I managed to do from 1 Jan until I arrived at Animal Kingdom in August last year so I'm hoping I can stick with it for longer this time.

Good run!

I think I mentioned how Kay and I didn't eat fries for a year?
It sucked!

But we did it.

It was more the fact that it seemed like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than filming it that I enjoyed.

:laughing:

Don't recoil - it was just to boat element I swear!

Okay.... <phew!>

October is when we were there.
I know you're not keen on driving on the wrong side of the road, but if you do, you could easily visit Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg in the time provided.
I did that in one day (plus a few other spots). There's a car rental agency close to the dock.

What is the benefit of being in the Commonwealth if you guys refuse to drive on the correct side of the road??

ETA that drive was probably the prettiest I've ever done.
I kept exclaiming every few minutes.
Stopped at a little spot for some excellent clam chowder, too.

You've almost convinced me to put a deposit down on this cruise. It would mean doing Disneyland on the way back instead of before WDW but I could make that work :laughing:

What is the benefit of being in the Commonwealth if you guys refuse to drive on the correct side of the road??

We kept smacking into the Yanks at the border.

You've almost convinced me to put a deposit down on this cruise. It would mean doing Disneyland on the way back instead of before WDW but I could make that work :laughing:

I'm an influence in your life now.

Just so you know.

We kept smacking into the Yanks at the border.

:rotfl:

I'm an influence in your life now.

Just so you know.

d3400884_Youve-infected-my-mind-gif.xxxlarge.gif

uUgDp2T.gif

Ugh... I know. Try multiplying all your expenses by a family of four on top of that.

That's the good thing about having an invisible husband - I never have to pay for him.

I am a child under 10.

I usually introduce myself as 6 at work.

That was done in camera!?!?!? No way!

Sure was. I'm thinking I'll do a camera review in the next couple of weeks after the HK post.

Good run!

I think I mentioned how Kay and I didn't eat fries for a year?
It sucked!

But we did it.

Good job you (and Kay)! I'm doing no fast food, alcohol and candy bars as well as the no soda so I'm a fun person to be around at the moment :rolleyes1

NEVER!!!!!!
muahahahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry. Too much?

That's the good thing about having an invisible husband - I never have to pay for him.

And when you need to let off steam, you can yell at him and he never complains.

I usually introduce myself as 6 at work.

I like that.

Good job you (and Kay)! I'm doing no fast food, alcohol and candy bars as well as the no soda so I'm a fun person to be around at the moment :rolleyes1

Whoa.
That's a lot to give up at the same time.

Good luck!

Sounds like a fun day at Universal Singapore. I could so go for the Battlestar and Canopy Flyer rides right now.
Shrek land also looks nice. I've never seen the movies- need to add that to my list. And that is a very pretty picture of you with Shrek and Fiona.
Also :cheer2:to 8 more days! Fun!

Me too! Although the ride vehicle is different so I'm still going to need to borrow a child when I'm back in Florida :rotfl:

They should really have a "rent a child" vending machine or kiosk outside this ride for us who really want to ride, but don't want to borrow/steal someone else's. Who can I talk to at Universal about this??

I thought about suggesting another cruise for your extra 8 days, but seeing how you haven't cruised yet I was not sure how open you would be to the idea. For the record, I think you'll love cruising.

Sounds like a fun day at Universal Singapore. I could so go for the Battlestar and Canopy Flyer rides right now.
Shrek land also looks nice. I've never seen the movies- need to add that to my list. And that is a very pretty picture of you with Shrek and Fiona.
Also :cheer2:to 8 more days! Fun!

I'd suggest just sticking to the original Shrek if you ever decide to watch them. The other three are ok but nowhere near as good as the original!

I'm excited for the extra days but my credit card isn't :cutie:

They should really have a "rent a child" vending machine or kiosk outside this ride for us who really want to ride, but don't want to borrow/steal someone else's. Who can I talk to at Universal about this??

I'd go straight to the top and talk to Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast :cool2:

I thought about suggesting another cruise for your extra 8 days, but seeing how you haven't cruised yet I was not sure how open you would be to the idea. For the record, I think you'll love cruising.

Well I've just put a deposit down on the second cruise so I hope you're right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter