I Miss Charles!

I really miss him too. His perspective was unique. Maybe some guest appearances of past contributors would be possible now as everyone’s zooming or Skyping in?

Yes!! Would love this! That would be a fun episode to watch!

Charles left due to money issues. Like most businesses on the internet, The DIS decides pay primarily through rap battles. The sluggish speed of his improvised insults and a complete inability to rhyme led him to a life of poverty. So he left to hunt down a secret cache of Spanish gold in the Caribbean. Hasn’t found it yet. This piracy stuff turned out to be way more complicated than he expected. He can't even name all the sails yet, and Don’t get me started on his knots...

PS: none of the above is even remotely true, but was written by Charles himself over in the twittersphere.

I get that people miss some of the old hosts, but it does often sound like the endless “where’s Charles / Oliver / JL / Steve” sometimes starts to sound a bit like “why can’t these people not move on with their lives, so that I can watch them on YouTube every week”. God help us if Craig or Ryno leave.

If I were Charles or Steve or someone who folks say "where are they... I miss so and so" - I would be flattered. I think it's a nice testament to those folks. To me, it's not that folks are not moving on with their lives. Rather they are simply stating a fact that they miss a particular person. That's all.

Pretty much anyone who has previously been a part of the DIS team still maintains their social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. If there's someone you're interested in, follow them to keep up with what they're up to. For example, there's one former DIS person who I've continued to follow since they left the DIS. In fact, I just spoke to them a couple of weeks ago. Leaving the DIS doesn't mean they've disappeared from the world. Not all will want to maintain a connection with the DIS and that's entirely up to them, but some are happy to stay in touch with fans they made during their time with the DIS.

People do move on in their lives and careers. I would bet it happens where you work too.
Some leave on their own accord, others are invited to leave.

It is the strangest phenomenon at The Dis where if **anyone** leaves or there is any shakeup in the talent lineup, many people just Can. Not. Handle. It.

I don't get it. They are on other social media platforms. They didn't disappear off the face of the earth. They can be found.

The Dis is not the Hotel California. People CAN checkout and they CAN leave. It happens. Wish them well on their new adventure and move on.

So...Do you prefer cake or ice cream?

I miss the DreamFinder, and Figment! Both INSIDE the ride, and in the garden outside, I loved talking to them!!! And I'd wave "bye bye" to every single Figment inside the ride right before I left each vignette - every single time I rode, that's how much I loved him! @safetymom - Told ya we'd be friends if we met! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!