I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 30% staples offer disappeared from my cf, but I don’t see a credit yet. Is it normal for the offer to disappear?

So my 30% staples offer disappeared from my cf, but I don’t see a credit yet. Is it normal for the offer to disappear?
Did you check to see if it has been redeemed? I am waiting on a credit from Harry & David’s but I see that the offer has been redeemed. If you click our savings total, you will see what has been redeemed.

@mmmears @DisneyMandC Ocean's 8 was a lot better than I thought it would be and reminded me of the others. The only complaint was the part after the gala until they get to the recap of everything they do in all the movies was that it was slow. They should have tightened it up just a bit. Otherwise I liked the connections to the other Ocean's movies and would be ok if they made another 1 or 2 to connect them 8-13.

I got credit for the BofA offer where I bought a gc at Rite Aid. So even though the fine print said it was excluded it still worked. Took a week to get the credit.

Yowza! Thank you for the reviews! $130 for 3 drinks and nachos is ridiculous! Off to cancel that reservation and find some place else to go for vacation.
Have you thought about Aruba? Very relaxing and family friendly. They have a Ritz but also a Marriott ocean club. It’s very safe and tons of dining options. We stayed at the Hilton (which I loved). There is also a Hyatt and a bunch of other resorts. You can walk the beach and pop into other resorts to eat or for drink specials. Not sure where you live but prior to going we had heard it was expensive. Found it very on par to Boston prices so we were fine with it. No way did we encounter $130 for 3 drinks and nachos!!

Did you check to see if it has been redeemed? I am waiting on a credit from Harry & David’s but I see that the offer has been redeemed. If you click our savings total, you will see what has been redeemed.
I see it now under “redeemed and expired offers.” Thanks!

Offsite at uni ok? Uggh, I really want that front of line pass.

The Doubletree at the Universal gates was really nice, and points redemptions when we went were a great value. You could always do points for the stay and then purchase the passes for you and your son if you don't want to pay Universal hotel prices. The walk from the hotel would be very easy for just the two of you.

Is this the best offer on Citi AA Biz right now? Need to get one for DH next and haven't looked around.
There are three offers that I'm aware of currently:
  • PUBLIC OFFER: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening
  • PUBLIC OFFER: Earn 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $5,000 in purchases within the first 5 months of account opening
  • DUMMY BOOKING OFFER: Earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, new cardmembers can also receive up to a $250 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases in the first 12 months of account opening.
The dummy booking offer can be "matched" for an additional 20k miles so you could practically think of it as 60k miles for $2,000 + $250 SC. You can sell the $250 AA eGC for about $200 cash. It really comes down to what MSR you like and whether you value the points or cash. This of course is only on your first AA Biz card...On subsequent ones you'll be subject to whatever you can find in the way of a mailer which is typically 75k for $5k.

• PUBLIC OFFER: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening
  • PUBLIC OFFER: Earn 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $5,000 in purchases within the first 5 months of account opening
  • DUMMY BOOKING OFFER: Earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, new cardmembers can also receive up to a $250 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases in the first 12 months of account opening.
The dummy booking offer can be "matched" for an additional 20k miles so you could practically think of it as 60k miles for $2,000 + $250 SC. You can sell the $250 AA eGC for about $200 cash. It really comes down to what MSR you like and whether you value the points or cash. This of course is only on your first AA Biz card...On subsequent ones you'll be subject to whatever you can find in the way of a mailer which is typically 75k for $5k.
ADDING this comment regarding Citi AA matches from the DISchurners thead: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurner...oo_choooall_aboard_the_graavy_train_i_cringe/

The important thing to know is that cards can be matched to 75k total miles or 20k additional miles – whichever is lower – regardless of what you applied for. You don’t have to meet an additional minimum spend requirement; Citi matches points and will award them on next statement.

Have you thought about Aruba? Very relaxing and family friendly. They have a Ritz but also a Marriott ocean club. It’s very safe and tons of dining options. We stayed at the Hilton (which I loved). There is also a Hyatt and a bunch of other resorts. You can walk the beach and pop into other resorts to eat or for drink specials. Not sure where you live but prior to going we had heard it was expensive. Found it very on par to Boston prices so we were fine with it. No way did we encounter $130 for 3 drinks and nachos!!
Hmmnnn I need to check this out. We love the beach!

The Doubletree at the Universal gates was really nice, and points redemptions when we went were a great value. You could always do points for the stay and then purchase the passes for you and your son if you don't want to pay Universal hotel prices. The walk from the hotel would be very easy for just the two of you.
Great idea! Thank you. I need to start using some of these hotel points and lay off my URs!

Looking at it now :) We’ve been spoiled staying at all-inclusives when we go to the Caribbean so it’s hard to think about going there and having to pay for food and drink. I am pretty sure DH would question my sanity paying $24 for an adult beverage of which I would want several during our stay.

Thank you! Sounds like the dummy booking might be best for us. I'd like to keep it a relatively low MSR so I can keep putting the majority of our spend on Chase. I need to purchase the $200 GC on my AA Biz. I'm thinking maybe I'll put the cash I'll earn from selling those towards our Tokyo fund since I'll probably have some fees to pay after booking with points.

Great idea! Thank you. I need to start using some of these hotel points and lay off my URs!

FYI, we booked a standard room and when I did my check-in on the app I was able to get a room with a Universal view on the highest floor. I'm just Hilton Gold with my Hilton biz card.

I obviously really like that Doubletree as well - it was my first review post on the hotel review thread. :)

I don't think I did one because I concurred with everything you said in yours haha. They are building a pedestrian crosswalk to go over the street right there in front of the hotel, which will definitely be nice. I don't know that they'd have it finished by @disneymagicgirl's trip though. It might be close.

Thank you! Sounds like the dummy booking might be best for us. I'd like to keep it a relatively low MSR so I can keep putting the majority of our spend on Chase. I need to purchase the $200 GC on my AA Biz. I'm thinking maybe I'll put the cash I'll earn from selling those towards our Tokyo fund since I'll probably have some fees to pay after booking with points.

FYI, we booked a standard room and when I did my check-in on the app I was able to get a room with a Universal view on the highest floor. I'm just Hilton Gold with my Hilton biz card.

I don't think I did one because I concurred with everything you said in yours haha. They are building a pedestrian crosswalk to go over the street right there in front of the hotel, which will definitely be nice. I don't know that they'd have it finished by @disneymagicgirl's trip though. It might be close.
That's a $250 GC FYI...you just get ~$200 for selling it at a discount

A crosswalk over the street sounds awesome!! That was probably my only criticism of that whole stay as that's a crazy busy street and felt a little dangerous crossing at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!