I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
App'd DH for SW Biz today, his first biz, and he went pending. I may or may not have been closing my eyes and holding my breath. I called in and got 2 weeks. I know that's promising right? Two weeks is also all he has left before furlough. Or, he has the option of using vacation days. Bleh. Hawaii, so close and yet so far away.

Yes 2 weeks is promising....:tinker:

App'd DH for SW Biz today, his first biz, and he went pending. I may or may not have been closing my eyes and holding my breath. I called in and got 2 weeks. I know that's promising right? Two weeks is also all he has left before furlough. Or, he has the option of using vacation days. Bleh. Hawaii, so close and yet so far away.

I (I mean DH) is still at 30 days.

AmEx experts, can you all talk about how you use your MR points? I have a fairly decent supply and I'm trying to decide whether I might want to go the Schwab cash-out route or whether there are good travel uses that I don't know about. Are there good travel partners to transfer to? Is booking travel direct through AmEx ever a good deal? Back when I first got my Biz Plat I took advantage of the 50% MR points back on flights but that's now 35% and only on the selected airline (or first-class, which is really not on my radar--I usually have too many people to buy tickets for). What am I missing?

Often Amex has a transfer bonus for MRs-last fall, for instance, for several months there was a 40% bonus when transferring MRs to British Air. I used that for two one way first class tickets to Edinburgh, as well as a business class ticket from Dublin to Orlando on Aer Lingus. I'm also hoping to use MRs for business class when we fly to Australia for one of my tickets. I think if you can time their transfer bonus to a need, it's a great to have MRs. Otherwise, I think the Schwab cash out is a great option, too, because cash is always good:)

I need to be target! How do I get on this spcial list?!?

Oh! I wish I knew...I'd tell you as soon as I dashed off an app :)

What number did you call?

Trying to use our 7 night certificate and so far was on hold for 20 minutes and then got disconnected. Take two happening now. DH is not that patient, I am not sure how this will go. He did talk to someone the first time and after they saw he had one of the old certs they put him on hold.

For the Biz or personal?? DH’s personal is still pending after 3 weeks. Not holding my breath, just glad we won’t need be CP until summer.
His Biz card was approved in 3 days.

Wow, 3 weeks! Weird. This is for the biz, just applied this morning. I don't think we will use till summer either. DH is bugging me again for a short February get away like we did last year. But last year I had a HS senior and a College Sophomore that I had come home for the few days. I felt OK leaving all 3 together. But this spring I will just have DS 16 home and no family around so I guess no trips for us until school is out.

I am in awe at the people that can go from rope drop to close. I can do one or the other but not both! I never got into the midday break cause it feels like it eats up so much time going back and forth. Not to mention being from the West Coast I have a 3 hour time difference working against me. LOL. I will say our first kid free trip I went hardcore every day. The girls were 2 and 6 and the comparison between the ease of just adults and the trip a few months prior where we were lugging strollers and dealing with tantruming kids was mind blowing. Want to go somewhere? Grab your shoes and magic band and go! Who cares if the restaurant doesn't serve mac'n'cheese!? I was so excited I was basically running through the parks because it was so easy.
Thats me on my annual trips with only DD19. It is a completely different dynamic from when the whole family goes. I much prefer it, but don't tell the littles. :ssst:

Yeah I saw that too about TSA. Hard to blame them. The upside of being excepted for a furloughed agency is you are guaranteed to be paid, back pay law or not. The downside is you won't be paid until the shutdown ends, so as of right now, not knowing how long this lasts, everyone is in the same boat.

But I heard you guys were on strike?

@disneymagicgirl your son plays hockey right? We got our tournament schedule. Are you in that Nashville tournament? Wonder if we're playing your son's team. Though my love 13yo DD fractured her brother's wrist over break. As it stands he is missing the rest of their games :( Kills me as he never got his mo-jo this season or with this team. The team in general never gelled. He hasn't scored a goal :(
Was this the weekend of 1/19? If so, his team is in Indy for a tourney that weekend. Maybe you are playing Jr preds or Flyers?

Trying to use our 7 night certificate and so far was on hold for 20 minutes and then got disconnected. Take two happening now. DH is not that patient, I am not sure how this will go. He did talk to someone the first time and after they saw he had one of the old certs they put him on hold.
are you trying to use it for the cat you bought or slyly upgrade it?

Instant Approval for DW on the Citi AA Biz - 70k AA miles to look forward to.

That also nicely clears the path for the cancellation of the Barclays AAviator - doesn't seem worth keeping, although I think new benefits are in the pipeline judging by a survey they sent me recently.

Is this the best offer on Citi AA Biz right now? Need to get one for DH next and haven't looked around.

Often Amex has a transfer bonus for MRs-last fall, for instance, for several months there was a 40% bonus when transferring MRs to British Air. I used that for two one way first class tickets to Edinburgh, as well as a business class ticket from Dublin to Orlando on Aer Lingus. I'm also hoping to use MRs for business class when we fly to Australia for one of my tickets. I think if you can time their transfer bonus to a need, it's a great to have MRs. Otherwise, I think the Schwab cash out is a great option, too, because cash is always good :)
Which airline are you looking at for Australia using MRs? I’ve been accumulating them for our hopefully 2020 trip, if not then 2021. But not clue how to use them. We flew Quantas on first time there.

Went online with Chase just to double check there were no glaring issues with my accounts to prevent me from being approved. (So okay, the ridiculous CSR CL may need to be slashed, but being a woman I have had my share of prejudice from credit card issuers in the past. Certainly not in the last 10-20 years, but things like that stick with you. Anyway, I digress...)

I found a $1 charge from "Grace Gospel Church" with a phone # from Brevard Co, FL. on my CSR. I have certainly spent plenty of time in that area, but have never gone to ANY church there. Must be a fraudulent charge. Now I need to call Chase. Any thoughts how this will affect my just apped SW BIZ?

We have a trip late March on SW. I wasn't planning on having the CP in time for this. It would be nice but if I have to wait 30 or 60 days to reapply it won't be the end of the world.

Upcoming travel:

January- 4 nights to move DD19 into her DCP (really it is to play in the parks, who am I kidding?)...just myself, my mom, DD19, and DD3. I have booked CBR through disney at the moment, but keep checking hotwire and Priceline for a better deal. I dropped WL at the magical rate so I could use the $500 savings for DAH one night. The magical rate at mods wasn't so magical.

March?-I'd like to squeeze in a weekend late march/early April or so to take DS10 to Uni for his bday. Would also be able to check in on DD19 at the same time.

May- extended family trip to see DD19 for her bday at WDW. My aunt and her significant other booked Dolphin thru Costco. I think my parents will do the same unless I find them a better deal. I am staying longer than all them so I may combine YC or BC with a couple nights at dolphin...checking in there when they arrive. Or I may just stick with yc/bc the whole time. Plus about dolphin is I could use points for those couple nights.

August 1- DD moves back from her DCP so "need" to head down again for a few days.

NEED LOTS OF POINTS:
I need to come up with a points plan here. Of course, I will also use discounted gift cards as they are available too. I think I need to learn to MS to increase my stash...

Can you talk me into dolphin? Offsite at uni ok? Uggh, I really want that front of line pass.

Which airline are you looking at for Australia using MRs? I’ve been accumulating them for our hopefully 2020 trip, if not then 2021. But not clue how to use them. We flew Quantas on first time there.

@tink1970 I was just going to ask the same question. We flew ANZ when I went years ago and I hear that finding free seats with them is pretty much impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter