I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you could triple dip the airline credit for the gold card AND the platinum????
*puts on thinking cap*

As was previously mentioned, this also works for the Platinum and the Aspire. And the Ameriprise Platinum and the Schwab Platinum too! That's a lot of gift cards.

Oh sweet! I got an email from Amex that my PRG has been updated on Apple Pay. The card graphic in my wallet is now Rose Gold!

This is just the worst. Everything about this.

I got a rose gold replacement for P2 and I hate everything about it.

We caved. DH was auto approved for the gold card tonight. The 4x on dining and groceries really made it interesting to us.

Now I have to figure out if we can slip in some sort of Chase business card before AMEX records it and he is at 5/24.

He asked if we can stop getting cards now. Apparently Apply Pay only lets him have 3 in his "wallet" at one time. :rotfl:

Congratulations!

pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

But that doesn’t sound right. From Apple itself: “On Apple Watch Series 3 and later, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and later, you can add up to 12 cards on a device. On earlier models, you can add up to eight cards on a device.” Sounds like your husband may be making excuses not to get another card. (Oh, unfortunately, Chase Ink business cards aren’t supported on Apple Pay anyway. :confused3)

This is just the worst. Everything about this.

I got a rose gold replacement for P2 and I hate everything about it.

Haha! I confess, I don’t even like the whole rose gold “thing.” I like the color fine, but I hate how basic it is, how it’s crept into every bit of fashion and design, and how companies roll out a rose gold-something as limited or exclusive really to cater to the masses. And here I am feeding into all that I hate. However, I just love the way the color on this card seems to pop — it’s a nice shade if the artwork is any indication, and it’s very different looking from the gold colored card I’ve been carrying for years. Different — unless the Amex Gold Card becomes the new card of the moment and everyone starts pulling out their rose gold metal cards over brunch and dinner like they already do with the CSR.

And if the new color, and more importantly the revamped 4x benefits on restaurants and supermarkets, make the Amex Gold Card relevant again (and perhaps convinces Amex to offer better benefits on their other cards), I’m all for it.

Haha! I confess, I don’t even like the whole rose gold “thing.” I like the color fine, but I hate how basic it is, how it’s crept into every bit of fashion and design, and how companies roll out a rose gold-something as limited or exclusive really to cater to the masses. And here I am feeding into all that I hate. However, I just love the way the color on this card seems to pop — it’s a nice shade if the artwork is any indication, and it’s very different looking from the gold colored card I’ve been carrying for years. Different — unless the Amex Gold Card becomes the new card of the moment and everyone starts pulling out their rose gold metal cards over brunch and dinner like they already do with the CSR.

And if the new color, and more importantly the revamped 4x benefits on restaurants and supermarkets, make the Amex Gold Card relevant again (and perhaps convinces Amex to offer better benefits on their other cards), I’m all for it.

Sooo... you don’t own a rose gold Disney World Jersey?

C78A4BF6-4B55-4B60-A194-D29AEBFA1283.jpeg

View attachment 355932

No. Lol. But my wife does own a rose gold sequined Minnie Ears headband, which my DD5 has taken as her own.

When those spirit jerseys first took off at Disneyland, I couldn’t believe it. Sure, they’re retro, but it’s constantly 80-90+ degrees in the parks! Not to mention the humidity over in WDW! But fashion > comfort, right?

All this talk of Rose Gold had me digging in my stack of cancelled cards to see which AmEx Gold I had before. It was the AmEx Gold Biz, so definitely a different card. Not sure if I will go for it, but my DDs would love to have a rose gold card!

I will say, the PRG always occupied this weird space for Amex, where the benefits seemed like it should be a keeper card, but the annual fee was just too high for what you got. It sure seems like a keeper now.

Just got finished with a little reward redemption of our own. Changed our hotel in NYC this December from the Ink48 to the St. Regis (two free nights from the Ritz card). Booked a trip back to NYC next March to see Kinky Boots one last time before it closes, staying in the Ink48 (courtesy of the unrestricted free nights), and traveling there and back on Amtrak Acela (courtesy of two companion coupons, making it a B1G1 fare).

View attachment 355932

No. Lol. But my wife does own a rose gold sequined Minnie Ears headband, which my DD5 has taken as her own.

When those spirit jerseys first took off at Disneyland, I couldn’t believe it. Sure, they’re retro, but it’s constantly 80-90+ degrees in the parks! Not to mention the humidity over in WDW! But fashion > comfort, right?

Disney has come out with a lot of rose gold items. I first thought of the headband before I got to the comment that @Lain has a pair that he claims are his DWs. Maybe we get a discount with the rose gold Amex if we present it in the parks?? :idea: The new "official" card of WDW...for....err...2018.

Ok here's one - any advice?

I cashed out my RMN rewards to PayPal and money moved over immediately.
Went to do the same for DH... his RMN balance is now $0 and there is no money in his PayPal account. Why would this be?

Those jerseys usually aren't my style, but I've liked them ever since I saw them when we went to WDW last August. I figure since I've still liked them a year later, I'll probably go ahead and order one online for whatever sale the Disney store has for Black Friday.

I got a dark blue one at Magic Kingdom in March, and because I live in Tampa, and keep my house at igloo temps, I wear it a lot! But admittedly, not in the parks because we are .5 miles away from the sun :sunny:

Went to do the same for DH... his RMN balance is now $0 and there is no money in his PayPal account. Why would this be?
Have you successfully transferred to his PayPal previously from RMN?Are you sure his RMN and PayPal emails are the same? If so, I would use the chat feature on RMN to try resolve. Or contact PayPal too. I had no problems transferring to DH and my PayPal accounts multiple times. Every time funds were pending, I immediately moved them.

I die a little every time I am in the grocery store and someone spends $200 in groceries and pays with a ...gulp... debit card. I was taking my Gold card for a spin on the 4x grocery MRs. It just hurts seeing that.
This was me until a couple of months ago! I just never thought about not using my debit card since I had the cash. Discovering this board has me thinking differently. Thanks! :idea:

I die a little every time I am in the grocery store and someone spends $200 in groceries and pays with a ...gulp... debit card. I was taking my Gold card for a spin on the 4x grocery MRs. It just hurts seeing that.

I saw a couple in the grocery store write a check the other day and I couldn't believe it! I think I gasped out loud! They were probably in their 40's, not their 70's like my parents who are still writing checks.

So what am I to do with all these points that I have from CSP and CSR now that you can't make reservations for Disney anymore? We were planning on going to WDW in March. Bummer.:headache:

I had that this morning with my husband's account. While he had a paypal account set up before this, I'm not sure it was ever used to send/receive money. I went to his e-mail that had and e-mail from service @ paypal that said I needed to accept the payment. I followed the link in that e-mail and once I "claimed" the money using the link in that e-mail it showed up in his Paypal account and I was able to immediately transfer to our bank.

Okay--two questions for seasoned Amex users. I'm new to membership rewards and trying to figure everything out:

1) I have no plans to fly anywhere until next summer (probably JetBlue to MCO). It seems like I should designate an airline like SW where I can get a $100 gift card in this calendar year. Does that make sense? Better than wasting the credit, right?

2) I'm debating whether I still need my BCP since PRG is 4x at grocery stores. Anyone given this any thought? I know it's complicated and I'm honestly not sure whether PRG will be a keeper whereas I've had BCP for six years. I also am spending less at grocery stores these days mainly because I'm finding gift card deals elsewhere. I think my AF on BCP will post in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter