• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! 1/1/18 points for Chase SW have finally posted (they weren’t there earlier when I checked)! Strange thing is I went an added my DS as my CP and it is showing my name instead of his so I am on the line with SW. The CSR can see his name but when she went to add him to our flight to Cancun, she can see where it says my name instead. Crazy!

Congratulations! :cheer2:
Awesome that the points have finally shown up. Mine - still missing. But I'm hoping that since yours have posted, mine won't be far behind. Thanks for keeping us updated.

At least they can see the same glitch you see on the CP - hope it gets resolved quickly.

That is a great deal for Hawaiian Village since you get the $250 resort credit on each card, plus daily $10 toward food & beverage. Definitely a good value for $190!

ETA: Oops! I was confusing the business card with the other one that has the $450 AF. No resort credit with the business one.
Well, I'm thinking get 2 business cards this year to secure 3 nights at Hawaii Village, and then the Aspire ($450 AF) in Jan 2019 to get the diamond benefits added to our reservation.

So happy for you! I LOVE Southwest...like literally love them BUT Southwest IT can really frustrate you at times.

I'll spare you my story of when they drained a $100 gift card and charged my credit card 10 times when I was simply trying to book a points flight for my daughter and pay the $11.20. HAHA! And then of course there was the 2 hour phone call to fix it...

I'm sure many have a Southwest IT horror story out there...

Yes, I don't quite trust them. Once a random car reservation appeared on my account. Apparently a woman called them to make a res, and they put it on my account by mistake. No harm done except that she wouldn't have received points credit for the car rental. It was a privacy issue though - as her name was listed and location of rental. I was actually able to track her down (quite easily) by phone and let her know she was booked under my account by mistake. It was odd.

Another oddity is that online, middle names don't appear on airline reservations. It is difficult to confirm that the name is listed properly for international trips since it has to match a passport. I've had to call multiple times to get that fixed. The only way to confirm is via the email confirmation.

So - yeah - always feel like something is up with them!

Congratulations! :cheer2:
Awesome that the points have finally shown up. Mine - still missing. But I'm hoping that since yours have posted, mine won't be far behind. Thanks for keeping us updated.

At least they can see the same glitch you see on the CP - hope it gets resolved quickly.
After about 20 minutes on the phone with the CSR where she established a new RR account for DS and then put his name backwards (his first name became his last and last name was his first) and she corrected that mess, he is now listed as my CP and will be able to join us on the trip to Cancun (for free!)

Good luck with your points! Keep checking throughout the day. I was totally surprised that they were there since I had checked several times over the morning. They probably have a lot of accounts to update for 1/1.

Yes! This was one of my fav pics from our recent Christmas weekend trip! I have to say, the Santa in DS was definitely the best one we've encountered over the last 6 years of bringing DS to take pics with Santa. He was amazing with the kids and so interactive. Our local mall Santa is honestly the same guy that's been there since DH and I were young and he has ZERO energy. He basically just sits there while kiddos sit on his lap, the pic is snapped and that's it - you're done. DS went on and on about this year's visit with Santa because he actually spoke to him about what he wanted for Christmas and whether or not he'd been a good boy this year. It was amazing!!

Reports on Reddit people receiveing emails for 10x UR at Best Buy on up to $300 on purchases. Emails for CFU, CSP, CSR. And someone posted a screenshot confirming 5x bonus points and 1x regular points on their Best Buy Freedom purchase, $400 purchase yielded 1,500 bonus points- 300 cap definitely confirmed.

I got the email today for my CSR on the 10x UR on Best Buy. Trying to decide if I want to go this route for Disney gift cards instead of our usual (as of late) Sam's route.

With all the recent discussion about using the Chase Cruise and Tour department, I'm really curious about how changes would be applied. Say we book a package through them, but then a promo comes out such as free dining. I'm just wondering if it would be a difficult process to have a promo applied after the fact or if it might be just as simple as using a TA or doing it myself by calling Disney. I would imagine no one really has experience with that just yet, since talks of this appear to be more recent from what I've seen. Trying to decide if this might be an option to get a room booked for fall long before promos come out with the possibility to apply a promo afterwards.

So happy for you! I LOVE Southwest...like literally love them BUT Southwest IT can really frustrate you at times.

I'll spare you my story of when they drained a $100 gift card and charged my credit card 10 times when I was simply trying to book a points flight for my daughter and pay the $11.20. HAHA! And then of course there was the 2 hour phone call to fix it...

I'm sure many have a Southwest IT horror story out there...
I typically love them and have always had great service but was very frustrated with the missing 1/1 RR points transfer. Now that everything is resolved, all is well. Now to figure out the rest of our travel plans since I feel more comfortable booking flights knowing I can add DS as the companion and not having to hope there is still a seat available.

With all the recent discussion about using the Chase Cruise and Tour department, I'm really curious about how changes would be applied. Say we book a package through them, but then a promo comes out such as free dining. I'm just wondering if it would be a difficult process to have a promo applied after the fact or if it might be just as simple as using a TA or doing it myself by calling Disney. I would imagine no one really has experience with that just yet, since talks of this appear to be more recent from what I've seen. Trying to decide if this might be an option to get a room booked for fall long before promos come out with the possibility to apply a promo afterwards.

Not sure if this data point will help you or not but in my recent workings with a Chase cruise and travel rep I have a current Chase booked trip (Web site room only booking) and a trip booked with Disney direct (BB offer room/dining only) that I am trying to have moved to Chase. She told me that my current Chase booked trip can be refunded up to 5 days before the trip so if a new discount was to come out sounds like worse case you could re-book the trip. So far it sounds like they work as a TA and can make changes but not sure how that works for cost differences ect.

On another note, Disney is still working to transfer the reservation. Not sure how long this normally takes but a quick Google search seems to put numbers all over the place. I have found 24hrs to 10 business days listed on TA sites. It has been a week yesterday but that included a holiday. I keep checking MDE as I presume the "Make a Payment" link will vanish as soon as its transferred. She called Disney yesterday and they had not finished it yet and is going to check again tomorrow. Hoping to hear something soon!!

Disney could possibly be having issues, I know when I booked it they had a heck of a time getting it booked due to some glitch that has two profiles for me, then when I added the dinning they had all the same issues again and it took almost an hour on hold for them to get it booked. The next day I got 8 emails saying my deposits for all different conf #'s were due!

Woohoo! 1/1/18 points for Chase SW have finally posted (they weren’t there earlier when I checked)! Strange thing is I went an added my DS as my CP and it is showing my name instead of his so I am on the line with SW. The CSR can see his name but when she went to add him to our flight to Cancun, she can see where it says my name instead. Crazy!

SOOO happy you finally got those other points and your CP!!!

Just went through every tab under profile & settings and am not seeing anything.
I really think it's all random. I got the Best Buy promo email today, and I believe it's the first time I've ever gotten an email announcing a promo other than deals for my SW cards.

On another note, Disney is still working to transfer the reservation. Not sure how long this normally takes but a quick Google search seems to put numbers all over the place. I have found 24hrs to 10 business days listed on TA sites. It has been a week yesterday but that included a holiday. I keep checking MDE as I presume the "Make a Payment" link will vanish as soon as its transferred. She called Disney yesterday and they had not finished it yet and is going to check again tomorrow. Hoping to hear something soon!!

I'm new here but I'm planning a trip this April. I have been reading this board a lot.

Anyways, I booked a week stay at Disney, hotel only. I used the Chase UR portal. I did not work with the tour department but I did call Chase to get the info to connect my hotel stay with Chase to MDE. The lady wasn't sure how to help me and told me to call back during business hours because I called at midnight. I did some research and saw it can be difficult to have the stay to appear on MDE. I found a number at Disney, maybe on this board, I called it around noon the next day. A lady answered right away. I told her I had a reservation but I need the Disney confirmation number to connect it to my disney experience account. She knew exactly what I was talking about and I gave her my name, hotel I was staying at and dates. I didn't need my Chase confirmation number. She told me my Disney reservation number. I then plugged it into the MDE and it showed up right away. The number I called was 407-939-7671.

Have you tried that?

Also, she said there were no names on the reservation other than my own. She asked for each persons name to connect it to my MDE account.

I'm not seeing available award rooms on Hyatt's site. Would they be booked up already for summer?

my experience with Hyatt is when one of the days you plan to stay requires higher points, it will show unavailable. You may need to check it day by day and the book it based on how many points it requires per day.

I am getting very impatient. I applied for SW Business and Personal for DH and was approved on 1/10. Still not cards yet. I want to meet minimum ASAP on both cards to try and get companion pass right away. DH and DS are going to e Florida in March and would be nice to get DS's points back for having him be the companion.... Hopefully today. (been saying that every day)

I'm new here but I'm planning a trip this April. I have been reading this board a lot.

Anyways, I booked a week stay at Disney, hotel only. I used the Chase UR portal. I did not work with the tour department but I did call Chase to get the info to connect my hotel stay with Chase to MDE. The lady wasn't sure how to help me and told me to call back during business hours because I called at midnight. I did some research and saw it can be difficult to have the stay to appear on MDE. I found a number at Disney, maybe on this board, I called it around noon the next day. A lady answered right away. I told her I had a reservation but I need the Disney confirmation number to connect it to my disney experience account. She knew exactly what I was talking about and I gave her my name, hotel I was staying at and dates. I didn't need my Chase confirmation number. She told me my Disney reservation number. I then plugged it into the MDE and it showed up right away. The number I called was 407-939-7671.

Have you tried that?

Also, she said there were no names on the reservation other than my own. She asked for each persons name to connect it to my MDE account.

I actually did all that for my first reservation. That one shows up in MDE just fine, but as you said it took a call to get the Disney number to enter in MDE... What that post was referring to was I made a Bounce Back discount reservation with Disney direct before checking out for the same time as my existing Chase booked trip since it was a bit better deal, however I only get 1x point redemption if I cash points out, so I am in the process of transferring that Disney owned reservation to Chase so I can pay with 1.5x points and cancel the original Chase web booked room only trip.

Well, I'm thinking get 2 business cards this year to secure 3 nights at Hawaii Village, and then the Aspire ($450 AF) in Jan 2019 to get the diamond benefits added to our reservation.
Actually, just realized I should get the aspire nov/dec 2018 to double dip the airline credit.
That should get $500 airline credit and $250 resort credit, meaning the AF is zeroed out.

Why not get the Aspire in December 2018?

The Aspire comes with a $250 airline incidental fee credit that’s supposed to work the same way as the Amex Platinum and PRG, which means it refreshes every calendar year and could be used to buy AA and SW gift cards (possibly others, check FlyerTalk for DPs) to trigger the credit in December 2018, January 2019, and January 2020. This means you have the opportunity to triple dip this benefit before possibly canceling the card in January 2020 for a refund of the 2nd year AF.

I am getting very impatient. I applied for SW Business and Personal for DH and was approved on 1/10. Still not cards yet. I want to meet minimum ASAP on both cards to try and get companion pass right away. DH and DS are going to e Florida in March and would be nice to get DS's points back for having him be the companion.... Hopefully today. (been saying that every day)

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery and you can 'peak' at your mail delivery that day early in the morning. It will also list in-bound packages to your address.

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery and you can 'peak' at your mail delivery that day early in the morning. It will also list in-bound packages to your address.
This is the best thing ever! I stalk my mail LOL. It also works well, as I work at home, and we have had a VERY cold winter with subzero temps for days, and I can see if it's worth going to the mailbox or not :-).

This is the best thing ever! I stalk my mail LOL. It also works well, as I work at home, and we have had a VERY cold winter with subzero temps for days, and I can see if it's worth going to the mailbox or not :-).

Same here, sometimes its painful as I have gotten several things from Disney and then wonder all day long what it could possibly be... Yesterday was AP fridge magnets...

Also should mention its free!

I have never signed up for the Disney credit card. I have a link to the no fee $200 reward card. If I do it and spend the $500 before 3 months is over does it show up right away or does it not show up until after 3 months is complete? My trip is in less than 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter