I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen them on the the Amex travel site but it doesn’t appear to be a good redemption option. There is something about cashing out to a Schwab account. If you check the dischurners page there is more info there on that.
What is your ?/24 status? URs/GC May be a better option for you.
I'm about to be 5/24. I have tons of UR and have been saving most of them hoping that Disney would renew the relationship, but no luck yet.

Pretty sure the answer on the global entry is going to be a no - my husband was supposed to take my daughter for hers, and it was cancelled. The state department issues passports and they are part of the shutdown, so I'm guessing it would be a no on actually getting passports, but as far as I know, post offices will still be accepting applications (processing will likely take longer).

Not to get political, but gov. shutdowns are terrible - we have fed employees sit around for weeks, incurring late fees or getting into debt if they live paycheck to paycheck, then we turn around and pay them, so the taxpayers spend money for services that were not being provided. So it hurts fed employees AND wastes money (not saying the employees shouldn't get paid after the fact, just that its dumb to hold them hostage then spend the money anyway on nothing). Opinions about who to blame are a dime a dozen (there is plenty of blame to go around) but the fact that this situation is even a possibility within our system is a serious problem. So sorry to anyone who is going without a paycheck at the moment!

Here's hoping it will end quickly and won't affect your GE appointment!

As a federal employee, Congress and the President have one main job to do every year and that is to pass a budget but yet they fail every year. Sure they pass CRs typically to get through but it’s still ridiculous.

Also posted this question on the transportation board but figured the experts here usually have a quick reply!

We've never flown southwest before and just applied for the credit card that is offering the companion pass for the rest of this year.

If the reservation is made on the same ticket, is it possible to purchase the early board check-in for both the main flyer and the listed companion so that we may board together?

I am assuming if we were on the same ticket, we would be checked in consecutively at 36 hours and have consecutive boarding numbers?

Had DH add EBCI to a flight today to use BOA travel credit. I have a million things to do (including paying off our Disney Cruise today which is giving me a little anxiety) and just asked him to handle it. He somehow managed to put one EBCI on BOA card and the other on CitiBiz AA card. :scared:
BTW message @calypso726 , didn’t she says she might be interested in AA GC?
I have messed up which card on little stuff (even earlier this week with my SW rebooking) and it always is so frustrating to me! I feel the pain.

nearly 50 pages in 4 days :sad:. Stop the insanity! :rotfl2: I seriously don't know how people keep up with this thread without foregoing showers, meals, etc.!
I’m sure if you ask, @Lain could tell you how often all of us shower and meal. He’s tracking that on his spreadsheet. :P

So your CP will be available immediately once 110k SW RR points post in the SW account.

If you reach the MSR ahead of the statement (I’d agree that the 12th might work for a 17th stmt) then you should see the bonus points listed on the statement which would be available the morning of the 18th. If all works, the points would then hit your SW Acct within 2-3 days max after that so you’d have a CP by the 21st. If you miss this months stmt though you’ll be waiting an entire month and there’s not much you can do about that unfortunately.
DH hasn't hit MSR yet but first SW statement closed 1/4 and earned about 1000 points. However they haven't posted to his SW account yet. We did have an issue where his middle initial on SW was wrong but I though Chase fixed that for us. Should the points have already posted to his SW account? Would I contact SW or Chase?

Also posted this question on the transportation board but figured the experts here usually have a quick reply!

We've never flown southwest before and just applied for the credit card that is offering the companion pass for the rest of this year.

If the reservation is made on the same ticket, is it possible to purchase the early board check-in for both the main flyer and the listed companion so that we may board together?

I am assuming if we were on the same ticket, we would be checked in consecutively at 36 hours and have consecutive boarding numbers?

The reservations will have different confirmation numbers. You book your ticket first..and get the confirmation number....then you go in and add a companion....and they have a different number

In my experience if get both tickets back to back with EBCI we usually have consecutive numbers...once I think DH was one or two numbers away

My Chase Staples offers credited this morning! Purchased on Jan. 5.

mine finally moved over to the redeemed area...purchased 1/7. Now just waiting for the credit. It sure is slow, but for 30% off I can manage some patience.:P

Mine just credited from 12/29 to....also waiting for the 30% off purchase from 1/7 to post

I made my Staples purchase with the 30% off on 1/4. Got the e-mails from Chase 1/10. The credits posted late last night/early this morning.

DH hasn't hit MSR yet but first SW statement closed 1/4 and earned about 1000 points. However they haven't posted to his SW account yet. We did have an issue where his middle initial on SW was wrong but I though Chase fixed that for us. Should the points have already posted to his SW account? Would I contact SW or Chase?
I’d probably start with Chase to find out what SW acct number they posted the points to. Then I’d work with SW to make sure you have access to that account and all your points are there.

How are people closing Chase CCs? For my bank account, I used SM to close. Same thing for CCs? Or do you need to call in?

I want to thank all of those here who have talked about DVC -- I just signed a contract for a resale purchase at AKV! I have wanted to do this for 20 years (literally, and exactly) and every time I have run the numbers I have thought I wish had bought the last time I thought about it. So with the impending changes to resale, I submitted an offer on Thursday, had the contract yesterday, and just sent it back this morning!

It's a smallish contract (100 points) but my plan for the points is the runDisney weekends so it will likely be just me and one or two of my kids in a studio. December use year which I think is also good for January and February trips. AKL is probably not the very best location for the races but it's where we want to stay.

Now if Chase would only give me some of those Staples deals so I could start accumulating gift cards for the dues . . .
Congrats and hope you pass rofr

We’re expecting 2-4” by the MD/PA line and we were just at Walmart and you would think they were calling for 2-4’ it was so crowded!
We were 1-3 then 2-4. Now they are saying 6-8. Went to the store Friday after school since I normally go Sunday. Store wasn’t too bad crowd wise but bread shelves were almost empty

I had it on two cards and it worked great! I bought 1-$50 Disney GC and a corkboard for $63.xx and then another $50 Disney GC and a $25 Shell GC on another card. It took about a week for the credit to post, but I was super happy about this! I wish it was on DH's cards but so far, no go there.
Between DH and I we have it on 5 cards, but it’s odd which ones got the offer and which didn’t. All of my Southwest cards got it but none of his. His CSP got it but none of mine. Hopefully yours comes through soon!

Posted this on the Sheraton Vistana Page, but figured I’d ask here for you seasoned travelers...

A friend just got an offer from Sheraton to come stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages timeshare in a suite for five nights for $199 plus 15,000 Marriott points. Obviously this is a sweet deal at $40/night. There’s no fine print on the welcome letter, but what should he beware of if he books?

I realize there will be strong pressure to join the sales pitch presentation. He’s not one to give into pressure though.

Has anyone done this or something similar?

Just did the $15 off $60 Chase deal on Amazon. First time I’ve gotten it to work for me! I bought a $60 Landry’s GC. DH has already asked that we eat at Yak and Yeti in September and we will need to save up some of our table service meals to eat at Cali Grill one night. Plus, September is BIL’s birthday month so I’m going to sign up for the birthday discount. DH and I know to split meals at Y&Y since the portions are HUGE, so between the GC and birthday discount, it should be very little OOP.
So birthday discount from Landry’s works at Y&Y? Anyone know when the discount is loaded in your account? Is it the first of the month of your birthday?

My DD19 is in her second year studying nursing. Every program she applied to was a direct admit program. It is very competitive. Most schools, you do 2 years of prereqs, then, if you make the grades you get into the clinical portionof the education. Her program started with about 175 students and is now less than 100. She's still very excited about the potential career opportunities and is already planning on pursuing her DNP.
Like CyndiLouWho, I'm in the Chicago area. I've heard the stats she mentioned. I'm a PT and I feel that nursing gives my daughter more opportunity to advance her career and with the changing health care, DNPs will be very valuable.
Is she in school in Chicago? We have students from Chamberlain and a few others. Assuming maybe Loyola soon too as we were bought by them.

Yes it is normal...at least for my store. Sams too. And dosh credits for pharmacy at sams.

ETA: OH wait, I need more coffee. I was thinking it was coding as warehouse from last quarter....which it did. So I don't know about pharmacy for this quarter. Will keep an eye on this for more DPs. Thx!

ETAA: OK, so I went back to verify and my Costco and sams RXs for Q4 both coded as warehouse then. I see in that reddit thread that was the case for that person as well. Interesting that it coded pharmacy this time!
I seriously wonder if those codes change. I swear I had Costco gas code warehouse in a quarter with that bonus but I know my last fill up on 12/30 coded as gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter