I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course! Enjoy the second time around :)

I just finished it. I didn't pay too much attention to the ABD stuff when I read it before since it wasn't an option for us on the Iceland cruise. But wow thank you for the TR. It's definitely not something I could justify (cost wise, etc.) so I appreciate the honest feedback. The cost was staggering (and I bet it's much more now) even compared with our excursions on our cruise - which included 4 private tours. I'm not a fan of the big bus tours and it was so great to be able to move as quickly as we wanted or stay longer in one place if we were enjoying it. It did cause me to spend a lot of time planning, however.

I really hope your new Amex Gold gets to you in time! It might be worth chatting with an Amex rep to see if your card has shipped yet and when you can expect it; and if it hasn't shipped, then to light a fire that you have a trip coming up where you planned to do a lot of dining with your new card. Maybe they'll be able to do something to get your card to you sooner. Or maybe they'll give you some courtesy points for your inconvenience like with this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9p88j6/daily_discussion_thread_october_18_2018/e8152fi
Thanks, hopefully I will get it before we leave if I don't I will get back in touch with them. Good to know they have some options to help bridge my loss opportunity if it comes to that.

I’m a bit of a novice churner and would really appreciate some of your expert advice! I currently have the regular southwest card with the $69 annual fee. I am 7/24 right now and will not fall under 5/24 until about April. I was planning on waiting until after first of year and canceling my SW card I have now and applying for the new SW Priority card after April to get the sign up bonus but I just got an email offer to upgrade my card for 5000 points. What should I do??? The Priority card will be a keeper for me bc I fly SW about 3 times a year at least.

I’m a bit of a novice churner and would really appreciate some of your expert advice! I currently have the regular southwest card with the $69 annual fee. I am 7/24 right now and will not fall under 5/24 until about April. I was planning on waiting until after first of year and canceling my SW card I have now and applying for the new SW Priority card after April to get the sign up bonus but I just got an email offer to upgrade my card for 5000 points. What should I do??? The Priority card will be a keeper for me bc I fly SW about 3 times a year at least.

When did you get your last SW sign up bonus and do you care about getting back under 5/24?
Since they added a one SW personal card per person rule, earning the bonus on any SW card in the last 24 months stops you from getting a new one. So if that would lock you out from getting the sign up bonus for the Priority then an upgrade could be worthwhile. Otherwise, even at 40k > than 5k.

Will it be two years since you received a bonus on a SW personal card in April...if so I wouldn’t take the upgrade for 5,000 points now...I would wait to get 40,000 points in April....you could also apply for the SW business card first in April..to get 60,000 points then 30 days later apply for the Priority

Has anyone used Amazon Cash? I've never done it so I have an offer to get a $10 credit for loading $40 that way. I'm thinking, why not... it's like 20% off plus either pay with a card for MSR or with Chase Pay/Samsung Pay for Q4...
I got this too and I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly and how to use it...... I can't! I've read the DoC article and all the amazon pages relating to the offer...how do you use this?

I've been reading but not chiming in.

The Wave, which is in the Contemp - (at least I think you said BLT is their hotel?), has a breakfast buffet or table service, whichever you prefer. I've been there maybe 10 times for breakfast and I am always pleased with it. Low key and relaxing and not busy when I'm there usually on departure day. The only negative is the darker atmosphere but I've gotten used to that. No characters. Decent food choices. And walking distance very close to their rooms.
I forgot about the Wave...best breakfast on property IMHO and a good price too!

Has anyone used Amazon Cash? I've never done it so I have an offer to get a $10 credit for loading $40 that way. I'm thinking, why not... it's like 20% off plus either pay with a card for MSR or with Chase Pay/Samsung Pay for Q4...

I got this too and I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly and how to use it...... I can't! I've read the DoC article and all the amazon pages relating to the offer...how do you use this?

Basically Amazon Cash encourages you to reload your Amazon GC balance at places you already shop, preferably with cash so Amazon doesn’t have to pay the credit card fees. (I’m not sure of what arrangements Amazon has with the retailers where you can reload.)

Amazon Cash generates a barcode that you can print out or save/show on your smartphone. Go into CVS, GameStop, or a few other retailers, and tell the cashier you’d like to reload your Amazon Cash for whatever amount. They scan the barcode and you pay. When I did it at CVS, they accepted credit cards despite the name Cash. I remember because it was a drug stores 5x quarter. Your Amazon GC balance is now reloaded with the amount you charged and you should get the promotional amount added too.

Y'all...I had no idea!! None! There are Disney resort furnishings for sale on eBay!!!!!! Like you can buy lamps, pillows, rugs, shower curtains and even furniture that I am guessing have come out of the refurbs. I bought wall lamps already from WL and I'm thinking I'm going to buy a pillow from CS. I won't be buying this but just how fun that you can:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Complete-Guest-Room-Mickey-Lamp-Mirror-Artwork-Props/382481771938?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=52885&meid=d24cd847850c4bd68af7fcf40a3ef467&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=223186865324&itm=382481771938&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982
yeah - some of that resort artwork tempts me...but it's usually out of my price range

On the topic I'm reading here on SW bonus on a personal card, and then getting a SW Priority, I'm interested because I may do this eventually. So if I understand this right, if a person already has a SW personal card and got a sign-up bonus, in two years they can then cancel the card and apply for another SW personal card to get a new bonus? Chase has been honoring that? I'm just curious how Chase is with cancelling/reapplying and approving after the 24 month window.

Any Capital One experts here, or anyone with the Venture Rewards? I'm thinking about this for my next card and wondering if there are any rules/guidelines similar to the Chase 5/24 rule.

Also wondering whether Capital One would approve a second business card (I have had the Spark for several years).

Also, I've read that for this card, there is a pretty expansive coding for travel, and you can use points for purchase up-front or use the points after the fact to "erase" the charges -- if you have the card, have you found it useful and easy to use?
I've had the Capital One Venture card for a long time, so I hang on to it. I'm grandfathered in at $65 AF. It was my first travel rewards card before I discovered how much other fun there is to jump inot. I''m not aware of any 5/24 rules but I've read they are unpredictable as to who the approve. Also, they pull from all credit bureaus. I'm not sure why this is a big deal...maybe someone else can comment.
Using the rewards to "erase" charges is very easy to use. You get 2 points per dollar on everything your spend. To figure out how many points you need to erase a purchase, you move the decimal point over two spaces. For example, 50,000 points = $500. The travel category is not as expansive as Chase. For example, airport parking does not show up as a travel expense. It's the big things like car rental, hotel and airfare in my experience.

On the topic I'm reading here on SW bonus on a personal card, and then getting a SW Priority, I'm interested because I may do this eventually. So if I understand this right, if a person already has a SW personal card and got a sign-up bonus, in two years they can then cancel the card and apply for another SW personal card to get a new bonus? Chase has been honoring that? I'm just curious how Chase is with cancelling/reapplying and approving after the 24 month window.

I haven’t had an issue doing this..just wait 30 days before reapplying for the same card..and make sure it’s 24 months from the time you received the bonus...not when you applied for the card

We had a great dinner at Paradiso37 last night. Seated on patio around 8ish. Sun was down and a nice breeze. Great guac and margs.

Checking out of SSR later today then Sanaa lunch and animal kingdom. Doing a value tonight. Never stayed in one of those before.

Been using discounted gift cards to pay for everything plus my Chase Disney rewards. Spent very little out of pocket so far. Just McDonald's and the grocery store. Even got a F&W Dooney mini bag!

I figured with points and discounted gift cards this trip is costing around $2k. Granted I have APs so no Tix, but still. I think that's pretty good!

Yeah the heat is why we are so wiped. And not 20 anymore either.

Some more trip stuff: met Art Smith while at Homecommin. Also have heard more adults grumble about money and costs more than any other Disney trip I've been on.

Saw the Fidelity/Amazon deal on churning. Want to do that for DH but i am so tired and lazy right now, lol.

That's so awesome that you got to meet Art Smith!!

I saw so many "Most Expensive Day Ever" shirts, all on what I assumed to be the dads. I get that it's supposed to be funny, but is that really how you want to immortalize your trip in photos?!

I saw so many "Most Expensive Day Ever" shirts, all on what I assumed to be the dads. I get that it's supposed to be funny, but is that really how you want to immortalize your trip in photos?!

I groan every time I see those t-shirts in the parks -- always on the dads. I always figured the most expensive day ever was your wedding day. Seriously though, you're at Disney already with your family; enjoy it. The time to grumble about how much the trip costs is either before when you're still planning it, or after when you see the hit on the bank account. Don't ruin your time with your family, and all your pics with a dumb*** shirt. If these dads keep it up, their most expensive day ever is going to be the day their divorce is finalized.

I've had the Capital One Venture card for a long time, so I hang on to it. I'm grandfathered in at $65 AF. It was my first travel rewards card before I discovered how much other fun there is to jump inot. I''m not aware of any 5/24 rules but I've read they are unpredictable as to who the approve. Also, they pull from all credit bureaus. I'm not sure why this is a big deal...maybe someone else can comment.
Using the rewards to "erase" charges is very easy to use. You get 2 points per dollar on everything your spend. To figure out how many points you need to erase a purchase, you move the decimal point over two spaces. For example, 50,000 points = $500. The travel category is not as expansive as Chase. For example, airport parking does not show up as a travel expense. It's the big things like car rental, hotel and airfare in my experience.

I've had the Venture for a while too. Same as you, my first travel card. Also grandfathered into the lower annual fee. But every year when my fee posts, I call in and ask if they can waive it and they do. Up until I started getting other cards in July 2017, Venture is where most of my spend went, not sure if that made a difference. Just wanted to let you know. Worth a shot!

What's a good option to use a SWA credit on a canceled flight? it was booked a month or two back,(I think before the rule change) an the cheapest far- now my MIL has a credit that she prob won't be able to use by next summer..... is there a way to do something with this? can she book a refundable fare using the credit,and then cancel if she can't travel?(she isn't sure she can at all by the end date)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter