I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have been to the doctor, to the Social Security office and to the grocery store. Doctor about my hearing - audiologist says it's a medical problem so back to ENT next week. Medicare denied payment of my doctor bills, so hopefully that's fixed after my visit to SS. Somehow my name got scrambled.

At least I'm not hungry cause I ended my errands by buying groceries.

Then I started reading about people being disney'ed out and the new cost of AP's and I'm absolutely thankful to be going to Disney in 2 weeks and don't have to buy tickets.

I get the priced out and disney'ed out. It is expensive. And, I've had the disney'ed out trips. What brings it back for me is time away and the fun of having new people with me - grandchildren. And once I get home and winter is all around me, I just want to go back.
Ok, I am confused how SSA fixed Medicare denied payment since CMS is responsible for the billing and handling of the Medicare program not SSA. SSA just notifies of Medicare entitlement and takes the premiums out of the SS benefits. If your name is scrambled 1800Medicare should handle that. (Sorry, totally off topic.)

Last edited:
Do any of you guys follow this DIS thread: Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I try to follow along there and help people...but it drives me crazy when people just come on that thread and complain about SW nonstop. They release flights too early, they release flights too late, prices are too high, the times don’t work for me, I’m waiting for the price to go down, crap the price went up - why are they so greedy, they used to be great - now they suck, I don’t like how they board but I’m too cheap to pay for EBCI...it just goes on and on sometimes.

I just want to grab these people and say “do you understand they are a business...and their sole purpose is not to cater to your insane demands”. They are welcome to select a different airline if they feel SW is so terrible. Sorry this is off topic but I just needed to rant for a minute.

There's a whole separate SW thread??? Here I thought that this thread was the SW thread if there was one to be had due to getting CP via credit card bonuses.

Can't remember who posted about a high credit limit on P2's CSP a few pages back but I am in a similar situation. My P2 just got the CSR and the limit is super high. How do I go about lowering it? Can I get it to the $10k minimum?... and is any of this difficult?

This is always my justification for APs ... if we only take 2 trips we will break-even. Then we end up taking 6 trips in a year! Not sure how much we save at that point, but it sure is fun to be there for all the different seasons.
I would love to see all the different seasons at WDW. Our last few trips have been in late August. Which is relatively cheaper and less crowded than other times of year, but also really hot and rainy. I’d love to go in spring again.

Can't remember who posted about a high credit limit on P2's CSP a few pages back but I am in a similar situation. My P2 just got the CSR and the limit is super high. How do I go about lowering it? Can I get it to the $10k minimum?... and is any of this difficult?

You can send a SM from the card and ask that it be lowered to an amount you want. It can be less than 10k, as that's just the minimum CL to be approved for but it doesn't need to stay there. I wouldn't go too low to keep the card utilization ratio low if you make large purchases.

Speaking of SW, I just got approved for my SW Biz! I'm kind of banking on a 50k in flight deal for a personal card on 12/23 because I'm going to try to complete most of the 3k MSR in 2018. If I have to go with the public offer the 10k spend in 2019 will really keep us busy for a couple of months and delay us earning our second CP.

Me too!!! Group approval dance party! :cool1::cool1:

Edit: And I hadn't even called ONCE today to check...that was after calling approximately 3x a day since Friday night...I just happened to see that I had a second credit account when I went to pay my CIP bill just now!!!

That was me..you can SM chase and ask them to lower the credit limit to $10k

You can send a SM from the card and ask that it be lowered to an amount you want. It can be less than 10k, as that's just the minimum CL to be approved for but it doesn't need to stay there. I wouldn't go too low to keep the card utilization ratio low if you make large purchases.
Great to know. Thanks! I will keep the utilization in mind. Is there some kind of percent or number that i should know about keeping utilization ratio low?
Me too!!! Group approval dance party! :cool1::cool1:

Edit: And I hadn't even called ONCE today to check...that was after calling approximately 3x a day since Friday night...I just happened to see that I had a second credit account when I went to pay my CIP bill just now!!!
That's fantastic! Great surprise. I've been calling at least 3x a day for a week lol.

There's a whole separate SW thread??? Here I thought that this thread was the SW thread if there was one to be had due to getting CP via credit card bonuses.
Haha - yeah this thread is about flying on SW. Lots of questions about EBCI, boarding process, family boarding, schedule releases, etc. I once tried to talk CP on there and probably got a ton of strange looks, lol.

Great to know. Thanks! I will keep the utilization in mind. Is there some kind of percent or number that i should know about keeping utilization ratio low?

That's fantastic! Great surprise. I've been calling at least 3x a day for a week lol.

I always pay off most of the balance online before the statement closes to keep the ulitization low

There's a few schools of thought for utilization, but I always figure 70% or higher probably looks bad (although I'll never understand why they give you a limit if using up to that limit is frowned upon :confused3 but that's a whole other topic). When I got my CSP they gave me the minimum 5k but I knew I'd be hitting MSR all in the same statement cycle since I had a large purchase, so at least 4k on a 5k limit. I moved credit from my crazy high CSR CL so that MSR was only 50% of total and that's as high as I'd likely ever be (and I also just had them remove some credit from the CSR around the same time.)

Personally I don't mind utilizations reporting to my CR as they're paid off each month so it'll go back to normal the next month and we don't often have a high utilization anyway. But if you expect to routinely have a certain amount on the card I'd probably just try to double that, or at least keep it in line with your other CL's so that it looks normal for you. I'm in the camp where I'd rather have credit and not use it than not have it and need it.

I hope they bring them back for you..... loved SW since they came to ISP..many years ago..hated driving to JFK or LGA...the airport is 10 minutes from my house...I can deal with no assigned seats....the no baggage fee are great since DH is usually bringing golf clubs too. Always book with RR points the day flights are released..then look for price drops and rebook...the CP has been great over the years...I’ve flown other places on them with stops since it usually takes less time to do vs..driving to JFK to fly direct

But JFK has some nice lounges and LGA has a centurion :rolleyes1 haven’t done the centurion at LGA yet but I have heard good things lol

There's a few schools of thought for utilization, but I always figure 70% or higher probably looks bad (although I'll never understand why they give you a limit if using up to that limit is frowned upon :confused3 but that's a whole other topic). When I got my CSP they gave me the minimum 5k but I knew I'd be hitting MSR all in the same statement cycle since I had a large purchase, so at least 4k on a 5k limit. I moved credit from my crazy high CSR CL so that MSR was only 50% of total and that's as high as I'd likely ever be (and I also just had them remove some credit from the CSR around the same time.)

Personally I don't mind utilizations reporting to my CR as they're paid off each month so it'll go back to normal the next month and we don't often have a high utilization anyway. But if you expect to routinely have a certain amount on the card I'd probably just try to double that, or at least keep it in line with your other CL's so that it looks normal for you. I'm in the camp where I'd rather have credit and not use it than not have it and need it.
Ok. So P2 got a $34k limit and the msr is $5k. We do pay off monthly and don't make a lot of large purchases so I feel like a $10k limit kind of makes sense for us.

Apparently Plastiq is telling users that FFDs earned from the current Plastiq Get 1 FFD per $1 Spent with Mastercard promo have to be used in November: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9oxmol/comment/e7ypdkm?st=JNDXW1MG&sh=cb0d9193

ETA Another Plastiq rep is saying different: "Fee Free Dollars (FFDs) expire 90 days from the time they are credited to an account, resetting the balance to zero. For this promotion, you're credited these earned FFDs on November 1. That means you would need to use them within 90 days from that date."

Last edited:
Ok. So P2 got a $34k limit and the msr is $5k. We do pay off monthly and don't make a lot of large purchases so I feel like a $10k limit kind of makes sense for us.

Just my opinion, but honestly the reducing credit levels when not planning on a business/personal cross over does not make a lot of sense to me. The reason to reduce it when you have personal cards and then are going for a business card is because Chase will not cross over (they won’t take credit from personal cards and put on business). But if it is a personal card it seems to me that you don’t want to reduce it too much right away. If you decide to go for another personal if you have already reduced the CSR to 10k they won’t be able to approve you by shifting card levels. (I think CSR has to have minimum of 10k). Just seems that it is easier to have the credit and have Chase shift it around, I have moved my levels a lot back and forth, versus have existing cards and then ask for more. Something to think about at any rate. I have 6 personal cards and one business. Getting the business was difficult because of the credit extended but they still approved me. Getting the 6th personal (after the business) was fairly easy (“sure just take 5k from the 20k limit on the Freedom”).

@Lain that is lame on the Plastiq promo. I have some FFD that need to be used in November already. Maybe I will just use them now and not worry about using the promo on two different recurring payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter