• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo! 1 item already sold with buy it now for 25 which is more than I thought I'd get. There's a pair exactly the same that have been up as buy it now for 55 for over 2 months. Also good cause these are the silly MMA/UFC gloves I won from the ampm game. And they paid right after I accepted so that's good.

I decided to use some of my URs to book activities for our Thanksgiving London/paris trip with our 3 boys. I booked an urban jungle tour to check out the street art in London, I booked an Eiffel Tower photo shoot and an e-bike tour through Paris. Trying to decide if we should book the London Eye and if we do if we need the skip the line pass. Its $150 for a regular ticket and more than $200 for skip the line for the 5 of us. Seems so expensive for a 30 minute ride.

That's insane. I would skip it. Here in Vegas, we have the High Roller which is 100ft. higher than the London Eye and IMO it doesn't live up to the price or hype.

Woo! 1 item already sold with buy it now for 25 which is more than I thought I'd get. There's a pair exactly the same that have been up as buy it now for 55 for over 2 months. Also good cause these are the silly MMA/UFC gloves I won from the ampm game. And they paid right after I accepted so that's good.

Congrats...that’s good news..!!!

Do any of you guys follow this DIS thread: Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I try to follow along there and help people...but it drives me crazy when people just come on that thread and complain about SW nonstop. They release flights too early, they release flights too late, prices are too high, the times don’t work for me, I’m waiting for the price to go down, crap the price went up - why are they so greedy, they used to be great - now they suck, I don’t like how they board but I’m too cheap to pay for EBCI...it just goes on and on sometimes.

I just want to grab these people and say “do you understand they are a business...and their sole purpose is not to cater to your insane demands”. They are welcome to select a different airline if they feel SW is so terrible. Sorry this is off topic but I just needed to rant for a minute.

Do any of you guys follow this DIS thread: Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I try to follow along there and help people...but it drives me crazy when people just come on that thread and complain about SW nonstop. They release flights too early, they release flights too late, prices are too high, the times don’t work for me, I’m waiting for the price to go down, crap the price went up - why are they so greedy, they used to be great - now they suck, I don’t like how they board but I’m too cheap to pay for EBCI...it just goes on and on sometimes.

I just want to grab these people and say “do you understand they are a business...and their sole purpose is not to cater to your insane demands”. They are welcome to select a different airline if they feel SW is so terrible. Sorry this is off topic but I just needed to rant for a minute.
No worries...lol...I read it but didn’t post much there for all the reasons you’ve listed...some people think that the airlines have to provide what they consider reasonable airfare to them no matter the time of year..of course holiday time is going to be more expensive...and the EBCI thing....too cheap to buy...but must sit with my family oh boy maybe they should be driving

That's why I don't fly them :) Plus I like nonstops and they generally don't have them where I'm going or aren't enough of a savings.

CONGRATS!! I know I’m late to the party today...actually had to go out on sales calls LOL!

You mean people don't just show up to your basement door and hand you piles of money to put in the vault then go play golf? You have to ask them for it? Might rethink the whole banking relationship field then, not as easy as I thought ( :P )

They complain flights are released too early ? I haven't looked into that thread in ages, kinda glad now. But isn't the customer always right? Every - single - one of them, with their specific times and dates and cities, and all tickets should be 5 cents... except for the companion pass of course, that should be free including the taxes (otherwise they're just being greedy).

Meanwhile, I’m over here wishing I could fly them more. I love Southwest! Bring back the direct RIC-MCO and I’ll even figure out what the heck a companion pass is and how to use it!

I rarely fly SW but hear complaints from friends who do. Your post is making me want to find that thread just to read along. :P
LOL - it's not as bad as I make it sound. There's just been a couple of people who lately feel the need to comment on every single thing.

I also love the people that predict that flight prices will go up if they wait a week, and then come back to say yup they went up. I used to have a token copy and paste prepared stating that anybody's experience with SW pricing is PURELY ANECDOTAL. It went on to list like 50 factors on why your situation may be different from somebody else's (city pairings, day of the week, the month, holidays, time of day you wish to fly, school schedules, nonstop vs. connecting flights, how far in advance you're booking, sporting events in the city around that time, it went on and on... LOL.

EDIT: I should add, that once these couple of people find their way to a new thread, then a new person or 2 will show up with the same comments. Overall though, a good and helpful Southwest thread. There's nothing discussed there that we aren't all aware of here though :)

Last edited:
Speaking of SW, I just got approved for my SW Biz! I'm kind of banking on a 50k in flight deal for a personal card on 12/23 because I'm going to try to complete most of the 3k MSR in 2018. If I have to go with the public offer the 10k spend in 2019 will really keep us busy for a couple of months and delay us earning our second CP.

Meanwhile, I’m over here wishing I could fly them more. I love Southwest! Bring back the direct RIC-MCO and I’ll even figure out what the heck a companion pass is and how to use it!
I hope they bring them back for you..... loved SW since they came to ISP..many years ago..hated driving to JFK or LGA...the airport is 10 minutes from my house...I can deal with no assigned seats....the no baggage fee are great since DH is usually bringing golf clubs too. Always book with RR points the day flights are released..then look for price drops and rebook...the CP has been great over the years...I’ve flown other places on them with stops since it usually takes less time to do vs..driving to JFK to fly direct

Speaking of SW, I just got approved for my SW Biz! I'm kind of banking on a 50k in flight deal for a personal card on 12/23 because I'm going to try to complete most of the 3k MSR in 2018. If I have to go with the public offer the 10k spend in 2019 will really keep us busy for a couple of months and delay us earning our second CP.
Congrats party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter