I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says I can transfer amex MRs to Delta 1:1...https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/amex-transfer-partners/
Is that not right? I've never used MRs.

I think I have decided to go to staples and buy delta GCs today as the quickest solution since marriott is a hot mess right now. I don't want to risk it taking forever or my points disappearing into thin air.

Anything I need to know about delta and GCs? A limit to how many I can use? My staples has $100 cards.

So also just curious what you would use URs for? It is interesting how we are all different. Like I wouldn't use them for park tickets but others would. I can't even really explain why I wouldn't use them for that. :rolleyes:

I have transferred MRs to Delta before and there is a charge to transfer. Not a huge amount, but it is annoying.

You can only use 3 GCs per transaction at Delta. I use them for one way tickets to use more of them at a time.

In case anyone was wondering, I did trigger the Chase $300 checking account bonus by transferring $25 from my Fidelity fund (the one I opened up to get the $200 bonus). So that got around the direct deposit requirement. And I'm in Richmond, VA but was able to get the offer since there are now branches in Northern VA.

Is this the one you did, or a different one? Not seeing the DD requirement.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-business-total-checking-300-bonus-no-direct-deposit-required/

Damn it. Looks like csp pulled the 5,000 AU bonus right before I got my AU. No 5000 points posted for me and I assumed it was just a delay. But TPG posted that the offer was pulled. Grrrrrrr.

We were going to add dd on dh's csp :(

2 thoughts...
1) it is possible the AU bonus may still be there even tho not explicitly mentioned.
2) if it is gone - the value of that was only $50-$75 so it’s not a terrible loss (still a bummer tho).

@kmc8826
3) I've used URs for Marriott properties- when we took DD to look at colleges last summer we drained up all of DH's 100,000 in Montreal and Sarasota. Currently whenever we get any, I transfer to United since I'm still hoping to have enough to fly back from New Zealand (if needed).

FYI, and you probably know this, but URs transfer to United instantaneously when you do it online. I've done transfers multiple times while on the phone with a UA agent making a booking or processing an upgrade or when making a booking online. So you don't need to be transferring your URs to United as you accrue them if you want to maintain the flexibility of using your URs elsewhere. I never transfer until I am sure the URs will actually be used immediately with United.

Last edited:
Approved for the AS biz card! I only put the 7800 for the biz and that I didn't have other income I wanted considered. Curious to see the limit, hopefully 1k to make meeting spend easier. Yay for AS miles and I can cancel the personal card!

Ok, that deserves a dance party if I ever heard it.

party: maybe even a bit of a happy dance :dancer:

I was hopeful but as total incomes go it's pretty low so wasn't sure how that would go. And they turned it around quick! Pretty sweet.

I have transferred MRs to Delta before and there is a charge to transfer. Not a huge amount, but it is annoying.

You can only use 3 GCs per transaction at Delta. I use them for one way tickets to use more of them at a time.

You can call Delta and use more than 3 giftcards at once - Iv'e done it - but it was incredibly painful and I said never again.

I think they did the personal one, $300 checking for a single DD with no minimum amount: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-500-checking-savings-bonus-publicly-available-branch/

Correct--personal, not business.

Thanks! Yeesh, didn't even realize that was the business one. I just woke up after a very long night in the hospital for my grandma. I got home at 4:30 AM, went in to work at 8:30 A.M. to drop off a bunch of files and then came back home and went to sleep. Now I'm up and working for home, but reading back over the e-mail I just sent a colleague, it looks like I may need to go back to sleep...

@havaneselover, seems like this was fairly simple for you to do then? I'm thinking I could send $1500 from Ally and then send $25 from my Fidelity account for DD and just let the money sit there for 6 months?

Also, havaneselover and @pillow (and anyone else in the line of Florence I don't know about), stay safe! I've got to finish picking up everything outdoors and get our barn ready for the storm. Not looking forward to it.

Can I just reiterate how disappointed I am about CIP no longer giving 3x on Plastiq. That is a huge dent in the UR's I acquire every month. I was just paying bills and looking at how sad my 'points earned on next statement' section looks.

I know! But it hasn’t really hit me yet because I’ve been working on MSRs, and taking advantage of all the MCGC and VGC deals at OD/OM/Staples using my CIC for 5x UR. And then working the MCGCs from that spend back into Plastiq’s Masterpass promo.

Until the end of this month, you can liquidate MCGCs using the fee free Masterpass promo towards bills on Plastiq. But I’m not sure how your recipients will treat $50, $100, $200, and $250 piecemeal payments.

Going forward, I guess if your payees don’t have a problem with small, separate payments, and you have a CIC that earns you 5x UR at office supply stores, you could really go crazy when OD/OM/Staples runs these deals on VGCs and MCGCs (fee free or $15 off essentially negating the activation fee), earn 5x UR, then eat the 2.5% Plastiq fee to use the VGCs/MCGCs to pay bills, and still come out ahead. (CIC’s 5x category is capped at $25k/year though.)

Or you can shift strategy to be working on a new MSR all the time, and use Plastiq to help hit those MSRs.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeesh, didn't even realize that was the business one. I just woke up after a very long night in the hospital for my grandma. I got home at 4:30 AM, went in to work at 8:30 A.M. to drop off a bunch of files and then came back home and went to sleep. Now I'm up and working for home, but reading back over the e-mail I just sent a colleague, it looks like I may need to go back to sleep...

@havaneselover, seems like this was fairly simple for you to do then? I'm thinking I could send $1500 from Ally and then send $25 from my Fidelity account for DD and just let the money sit there for 6 months?

Also, havaneselover and @pillow (and anyone else in the line of Florence I don't know about), stay safe! I've got to finish picking up everything outdoors and get our barn ready for the storm. Not looking forward to it.

So sorry to hear your grandma is in the hospital:(

I did savings and checking. So far I've only pushed the $25 from Fidelity to checking. I think you have two months to have the $1500 in there to avoid monthly fees.

And I'm in denial about Florence. It does look like it's coming in slower and further south so I think we'll be good. I am stocking up on diet pepsi and chocolate as a precaution though.

DD was not even a week old when Isabelle came through and I'm definitely not looking for a repeat of that.

So sorry to hear your grandma is in the hospital:(

I did savings and checking. So far I've only pushed the $25 from Fidelity to checking. I think you have two months to have the $1500 in there to avoid monthly fees.

And I'm in denial about Florence. It does look like it's coming in slower and further south so I think we'll be good. I am stocking up on diet pepsi and chocolate as a precaution though.

DD was not even a week old when Isabelle came through and I'm definitely not looking for a repeat of that.

OMG on your DD! :scared1: We were without power for 12 days after Isabel. To make matters worse, our house and barn were on a well and we had four horses and no way to get them water. We had a neighbor about two miles down the road who got power before we did and we were able to go to their house and start filling up buckets and driving them back to the barn.

It does look like Florence is going to stay more towards NC right now. Of course, it'll be sitting right over top of where my show horse is. :(

I'm so sorry to read about your grandma. I hope she gets better soon. :flower2:

Damn it. Looks like csp pulled the 5,000 AU bonus right before I got my AU. No 5000 points posted for me and I assumed it was just a delay. But TPG posted that the offer was pulled. Grrrrrrr.

2 thoughts...
1) it is possible the AU bonus may still be there even tho not explicitly mentioned.
2) if it is gone - the value of that was only $50-$75 so it’s not a terrible loss (still a bummer tho).

I remember @miztressuz mentioning that the 5k AU bonus was removed from the offer terms in the CSP support links last month: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-2132#post-59607830 Looks like Chase got around to updating the public links.

So we finally got our points today and I'm seeing basically no options to fly in and out of Japan with United in May. There just isn't anything left for business saver awards roundtrip. I'm not sure what we will be doing now.

It looks like our only choice would be May 1-15 which means we would be there during Golden Week and I was trying to avoid that.

Last edited:
Or you can shift strategy to be working on a new MSR all the time,

Speaking my language.
OMG on your DD! :scared1: We were without power for 12 days after Isabel. To make matters worse, our house and barn were on a well and we had four horses and no way to get them water. We had a neighbor about two miles down the road who got power before we did and we were able to go to their house and start filling up buckets and driving them back to the barn.

It does look like Florence is going to stay more towards NC right now. Of course, it'll be sitting right over top of where my show horse is. :(

Stay safe. This is no joke!

Ok, that deserves a dance party if I ever heard it.

party: maybe even a bit of a happy dance :dancer:

I was hopeful but as total incomes go it's pretty low so wasn't sure how that would go. And they turned it around quick! Pretty sweet.

Thanks! I didn't expect it but so happy to have it. Very curious about the limit. I was hoping it would add itself to my existing BofA login so I'd find out early but nothing there. I don't like BofA because of various reasons but am stuck with them because I want AS miles so this at least gives them some brownie points :)

Hopefully everything is good both at your house and for your horse. I'm watching it since I have friends in NC but all are inland, but also because of my house. Though it looks like it won't be too bad in the Charlotte area. But I also know the last insurance claim on the house was for hurricane damage that got it a new roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter