I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my friend just signed up for it. She is not a churner and refuses to pay ANY annual fee for a credit card.
She said it is the "principle" of the thing. So this was up her alley.

Before I was a churner, this would have been a great offer for me also. I always stuck to one card (usually SW, earning my measly 1% on everything). I sent the offer to my aunt but honestly, my entire family could be good candidates for this offer. They all pretty much subscribe to the only having one card mentality yet they are big spenders. And yep, refuse to pay AF's.

This is probably going to be my next card. I can't apply now because I am over 5/24. Also was going to wait until after I had the Discover It for a year. Right now I am putting most of my spend on that since they are matching the cash back bonus for the first year. Oh well.

Yeah im in my first year with Discover IT also. Im surprised how much i enjoy the card. They have great customer service and the
site is easy navigating. What i really like is how fast and easy your cash back bonuses post. I have to call at least once a month
to AMEX blue asking where are my rewards. I'm really disappointed in this card. I keep being told awards are pending. It has
been 3 weeks now.

Congrats and welcome to the dark side!
Yes, the points can be transferred all to your upcoming CSR.
Not sure on the AU part. Do you have a kid you can add? Someone else will have a better answer on that.
Yes you can cash out the points, but it isn't the best value. Good for an emergency though. :)
Thank you! Not planning on cashing them out, but want to make sure I let DH know the options!

Yes, you can transfer points from one spouse's CSP to the other spouse's CSR. I don't know the answer to the AU question, but I don't think I personally would risk a 5/24 spot in that way. And you can cash out the 50k points for a $500 statement credit or $500 in gift cards, but you loose the 50% value from the CSR or increased value potential when transferring to hotel and airline partners.
Thank you!

Have him add himself as an AU using his middle name. That way even if it tracked back to him - it can't list an account twice :)
Oh, his middle name! That makes sense. Good thing I run these things past you guys first!

Hopefully I'll be posting about an approval this Sat! Somehow applying for a cc can only be done on the weekend in DH's opinion :rolleyes1

Has anyone upgraded with United before? looking to buying a economy ticket and using UA miles to upgrade to polaris class.

unfortunately, its to London so all award ticket is basically out the door. :\

Has anyone upgraded with United before? looking to buying a economy ticket and using UA miles to upgrade to polaris class.

unfortunately, its to London so all award ticket is basically out the door. :\

I have. It's been a few years and I called an agent. I flew to Hawaii on a dirt cheap mistake fare and then was like "nope, going first class home." So I went online, found the flight/seat I wanted and called. It wasn't any issue for the agent. I did not pay any extra fees. I had the United Club card at the time (but you get XN availability with Explorer too) so I was able to see few more seats I think. So I was inside the close-in booking window obviously, but the club card waives that.

Remember London has something like 5 or 6 airports. Did you check them all? Heathrow is the worst for fees.

Out of town/partially offline for an anniversary trip to beautiful Asheville, NC for a long weekend so just checking in! Haven’t read everything the last couple pages but did see the new CFU offer. Anyone seen any expiration date on that offer yet? I’m applying for CIP for me on 5/1, but if that CFU offer were to hang around until 7/1 or so then I might be willing to apply for that!

Hope I didn’t miss anything else major. I’m still battling with the Marriott I stayed at last weekend for points. Also, I’ve DMed the Marriott twitter account three times since Monday morning (per their instructions) and received no response.

As part of the saga of trying to sort out my Marriott/SPG elite nights . . . when I log in to my Marriott account, I can see the total awards night I currently have. When I click on that number (top right hand corner), I see how many come from "Rewards Credit Card." Is there a way to track or see a detail of where those credit card elite nights come from like there is with the points? For example, I currently have 16 nights earned from the credit card. I THINK 15 is from the cc renewal and 1 is from charging $3k on my new business cc. But is there a way to confirm the origin of those nights? I hate that I can't see exactly where those nights came from. I tried calling Marriott, and they were not helpful at all.

I canceled spg personal without even speaking to anyone??? So no retention offer which is okay.

I’m wondering if the combined program will sell points at a 35% discount. I’ve already bought my 30,000 spg points this year.

I canceled spg personal without even speaking to anyone??? So no retention offer which is okay.

My SPG card doesn't renew until October, so I figured I would just wait. Is there a strategy/reason to cancel now? Or was your annual fee coming up?

Re: CFU offer: We just PC'd our slate to the CFU. We're not working on an MSR right now (just finished DH's CSP and are cooling it until we deal with buying his car later this summer) and probably won't until try for the double-dip for me this summer. Wondering what the likelihood is that they'd give us this offer on an existing CFU. I assume slim-to-none, but we're doing all of our noncategory spending on it right now, so bummer.

Re: CFU offer: We just PC'd our slate to the CFU. We're not working on an MSR right now (just finished DH's CSP and are cooling it until we deal with buying his car later this summer) and probably won't until try for the double-dip for me this summer. Wondering what the likelihood is that they'd give us this offer on an existing CFU. I assume slim-to-none, but we're doing all of our noncategory spending on it right now, so bummer.

Just call and see. Say that you just product changed, but that if you had known of this offer, you would have applied for the card directly instead. See if they will extend it to you. All they can say is yes or no. Doesn't hurt to try.

Just call and see. Say that you just product changed, but that if you had known of this offer, you would have applied for the card directly instead. See if they will extend it to you. All they can say is yes or no. Doesn't hurt to try.

You're totally right. It's DH's card, so I'll have him call this weekend. Thanks for the nudge.

I purchased several VGC last week at Office Max. How do you keep up with your spending on each? I am just using them for non-bonused spend.

I’m wondering if the combined program will sell points at a 35% discount. I’ve already bought my 30,000 spg points this year.

You can also gift another 30,000 SPG points per household member, then combine. Each member has to have been a SPG member for 14 days, and can transfer points if your addresses have been the same on both accounts for the past 30 days.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2018/02/26/buy-30k-spg-points/

I purchased several VGC last week at Office Max. How do you keep up with your spending on each? I am just using them for non-bonused spend.

Go to the website listed on the back of the card. You can check your balance there (as well as register the card for online use).

Is it possible to check on SPG site how many points I will need for a certain room/hotel? I currently have 0 points but I want to check our options.

Is it possible to check on SPG site how many points I will need for a certain room/hotel? I currently have 0 points but I want to check our options.

Yes, log into the SPG site with your account and do a search. If Free Nights or Cash and Points are options, it’ll show you how much. However, you can’t book until you have the points in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter