I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

If I wished to cancel a handful of Inks, is it recommended that I space out the cancellations? There's nothing wrong with them but I also don't come close to maximizing their benefits so there is no reason for me to have so many open.

Also, should I transfer those credit limits to the couple I'll leave open, or does it not matter? All limits are in the 5K range I think.

If I wished to cancel a handful of Inks, is it recommended that I space out the cancellations? There's nothing wrong with them but I also don't come close to maximizing their benefits so there is no reason for me to have so many open.

Also, should I transfer those credit limits to the couple I'll leave open, or does it not matter? All limits are in the 5K range I think.
Unless you need a higher CL I’d just cancel any older than 1 year

I have canceled multiple cards at the same time. If you like to have a reason "I'm reviewing my business accounts for 2024 and would like to cancel cards ending in ..."

P2 was recently approved for an IHG business premier. The bonus was 140k after $4k spend then an additional 35k after $7k total spend. We met the $4k spend before the first statement closed. The statement shows the 140k bonus points plus the points from spend but her IHG account only shows the points from the spend. Anyone know what might be the reason the bonus isn’t in her account?
If it has been more than a week since the statement closed, I would call Chase. If less than that, I would just give it time.

Just went on the app in DH's account. Did all the steps above -but it does not show any of my accounts on there. Dang it!!

I recall reading somewhere that when you call in to have them move the points, you can ask them to fix it so the spouse's account will show up on your app and you can transfer them yourself from then on. It's at least worth a try.

I called to move points to my husband the first time and the phone rep just did it, but no link appear in my account or his for future transfers. The second time I called (some weeks later) I mentioned that I was calling to transfer points again since I couldn't do it online, and that phone rep made a comment about transferring the points AND setting it up for me to do so in the future.

Not sure if I just got a better rep the second time, but apparently there are additional steps they can take on the phone to link it for future use. I can now see his CSR in my account to transfer to and he can see my freedom.

We have a CSR which still has the restaurants for a bit longer through priority pass.

If you get lunch in the restaurant, can you use your priority pass card to go into the lounge too? I’d really like to just go in a get a couple of sodas if possible.
good question- and do you show your pp card before or after ordering at a restaurant? I will get to use it once before that goes away......
OMG! I just saw at PHL is an option for a spa with PP???? How does this work? I see a few services listed, does this mean I can choose one from that list?

Ah, I worded that poorly. I tried to use both CSR and HH biz PP at the same time for 4 people (3 on the CSR and 1 on HH), but that was a no go. So ended up using the HH biz PP for 4 people.

They got rid of the benefit on new cards, but existing cards still have a phase out. DH's Hilton biz is from last March. I activated the PP via chat the other day.

"The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card will no longer offer a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass™ Select program. If you have a Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, you can continue to enjoy the Priority Pass™ Select benefit on your Card for a limited time:

If you haven’t enrolled in Priority Pass™, you can still enroll through June 30, 2024, by calling the number on the back of your Card.

If you enrolled in Priority Pass on or before June 30, 2023, your membership will be active until June 30, 2024, and will be cancelled as of July 1, 2024

If you enrolled between July 1, 2023 and June 30 2024, your membership will be active until March 31, 2025, and will be cancelled as of April 1, 2025."
one more question.... If I cancel this card, do I lose the 10 PP visits? I'm still weighing if I want to keep this one or not.... I already know whatever decision I make I'll wish I did the opposite in the future :rotfl2:

I'm gonna ask for mercy from this well organized crew of smart cc folks... I didn't notate the exact opening date for my Hh biz cc...... I can see 1st charge was 7/24/23, AF charged on 8/13 - Should I assume I opened it early-mid july? so that means I should see another AF charged mid July? and then I may cancel....:scared:

I'm gonna ask for mercy from this well organized crew of smart cc folks... I didn't notate the exact opening date for my Hh biz cc...... I can see 1st charge was 7/24/23, AF charged on 8/13 - Should I assume I opened it early-mid july? so that means I should see another AF charged mid July? and then I may cancel....:scared:
You can just wait for the AF to post again and then cancel and get it fully reimbursed. I always do that to avoid closing an Amex early and facing potential clawback issues. Usually the fee posts after statement close in the 13th month.

Anyone thinking about getting the Amex Bonvoy Business card? I'm on the fence. We need another MSR.

Earn 5 Free Night Awards

after you use your new Card to make $8,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.†

New Hilton cc SUBs, both the no-fee and Surpass come with a FNC in addition to the points. The offers expire 7/31/24. I'm going to wait until 7/1/24 to apply for the Surpass (which I've gotten the pop-up for twice in the past few weeks when using P2's support link [so that might be part of it]) so that I have all of Q3 to use that $50 Hilton credit.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...5k-points-130k-points-free-night-certificate/

Can someone remind me what the Amex rules are? I'd like to get both of these! Can I apply for both at once, or need to wait 30 days in between?

good question- and do you show your pp card before or after ordering at a restaurant? I will get to use it once before that goes away......
OMG! I just saw at PHL is an option for a spa with PP???? How does this work? I see a few services listed, does this mean I can choose one from that list?

The PP restaurants I've been to, they swipe your card before they seat you and then the amount is taken directly off the bill.

one more question.... If I cancel this card, do I lose the 10 PP visits? I'm still weighing if I want to keep this one or not.... I already know whatever decision I make I'll wish I did the opposite in the future :rotfl2:

You do lose them because the PP will expire when you cancel the card.

Second AF should be charged the same day as the first one. Since it's after July 1, you'll be charged the new AF of $195.

Just a quick post to thank everyone here for there sharing of experience and advice. We are headed back to Ireland soon after making our first 'over the pond' trip last June. We had some of the air travel and hotel/lodging booked back in Feb but didn't decide for sure we'd go until about a week ago (had a potential conflict that resolved)! There were no Biz award seats on Aer Lingus at the time we booked but when @LilSweetPeaPhoto mentioned seats were open, I took a look and we switched our flights so we could be in biz again via Boston. We're stopping in London for 3 nights before our return home. So our redemptions look a bit like this:

RDU-BOS using VentureX travel credit (had to pay a small amount as I'd used part of it already)
BOS-DUB in Biz using Aer Lingus/Avios pts
SNN-LHR using some Avios points that were "stuck" for almost a week***
2 nights Dublin at a SLH with Hyatt Points (Wilder Townhouse)
3 nights Hyatt Regency Churchhill in London on Hyatt Points
LHR-RDU economy using AA points

We've got about 9 nights in small B&Bs/hotels in Ireland that I'll erase some of the charges using Venture X points.

Booked our rental car for Ireland via Hertz -- WAY cheaper than last summer.

***I had booked the flight via Avios website back in Feb...when I tried to cancel and rebook to get Biz seats, they got an error AFTER the flight was canceled and I had 26k points in limbo. Of course it was on a Friday and the group that could fix it was off until Monday, so I went ahead and xferred even MORE URs to make sure I could get the Biz seats. I ended up using the extra points for our SNN-LHR flight. Terrible redemption ,but whatever.

I have some 'wow I'm dumb' stories to tell about my attempt to PC from CSP to UR Freedom and then re-apply. I PC'd just before we decided to grab the the BOS-DUB biz seats and uh-oh, I no longer had a Sapphire. So I tried to apply for the CSP again -- and didn't think of 2 things: my actual "income" is low (we're retired and now earnings are low as we're using cash savings blah blah blah) and I also had a decent balance on a card because I wasn't thinking and didn't pay that balance before re-applying. So -- got declined for the CSP. I'll deal with that later, but had to do some maneuvering, but thankfully am an authorized user on P2's CSP and got all the points transferring done. Lessons learned -- don't act before thinking everything thru. My first CC non-approval.

@Judique - I think I remember correctly that you pay DVC dues with gift cards and you pay ahead (next year's dues before the statement posts). I have never paid ahead. I usually wrap up each year by October and then accumulate cards from Oct-Jan to apply to my DVC after my statement posts. This year, I finished paying this year's dues few months ago. :-) I recently bought $150 in gc (discounted of course). I was going to wait until January to apply them to my account, but with all the gc fraud going on, I think it might be best to apply them to my DVC account now for 2025. What do I need to be aware of if I do this? Will I still have a payment due in January? Or will the payments move up like they do when I apply gift cards after my statement posts? Anything else I should be aware of? TIA!

Has anyone recently filed a claim with your CSP for cancelled travel? I cancelled a DCL cruise after the first penalty date due to a cancer diagnosis. My cruise was paid using Disney gif cards and only $30.19 of the cruise was paid with my CSP. Airfare and hotel were on points which were redeposited back to my United and Hyatt accounts so I was only claiming the deposit from the cruise that I was losing. The claims department only reimbursed the $30.19. My daughter used her CSP for the majority of the cruise price so she should receive her deposit back (20% of the cruise fare which came to a little over $700 which was the 20% deposit). We had adjoining cabins and one of her children were booked in our cabin and the other in theirs as the rooms we chose only held 3 passengers.

I've seen bits and pieces of people discussing the Amex back button trick but the exact process of how this should be executed is not clear to me. Can someone kindly explain. I've been in pop up jail for quite some time so looking for a how to earn some sign up bonuses with Amex, apart from the NLL Hilton links that are available.

Just a quick post to thank everyone here for there sharing of experience and advice. We are headed back to Ireland soon after making our first 'over the pond' trip last June. We had some of the air travel and hotel/lodging booked back in Feb but didn't decide for sure we'd go until about a week ago (had a potential conflict that resolved)! There were no Biz award seats on Aer Lingus at the time we booked but when @LilSweetPeaPhoto mentioned seats were open, I took a look and we switched our flights so we could be in biz again via Boston. We're stopping in London for 3 nights before our return home. So our redemptions look a bit like this:

RDU-BOS using VentureX travel credit (had to pay a small amount as I'd used part of it already)
BOS-DUB in Biz using Aer Lingus/Avios pts
SNN-LHR using some Avios points that were "stuck" for almost a week***
2 nights Dublin at a SLH with Hyatt Points (Wilder Townhouse)
3 nights Hyatt Regency Churchhill in London on Hyatt Points
LHR-RDU economy using AA points

We've got about 9 nights in small B&Bs/hotels in Ireland that I'll erase some of the charges using Venture X points.

Booked our rental car for Ireland via Hertz -- WAY cheaper than last summer.

***I had booked the flight via Avios website back in Feb...when I tried to cancel and rebook to get Biz seats, they got an error AFTER the flight was canceled and I had 26k points in limbo. Of course it was on a Friday and the group that could fix it was off until Monday, so I went ahead and xferred even MORE URs to make sure I could get the Biz seats. I ended up using the extra points for our SNN-LHR flight. Terrible redemption ,but whatever.

I have some 'wow I'm dumb' stories to tell about my attempt to PC from CSP to UR Freedom and then re-apply. I PC'd just before we decided to grab the the BOS-DUB biz seats and uh-oh, I no longer had a Sapphire. So I tried to apply for the CSP again -- and didn't think of 2 things: my actual "income" is low (we're retired and now earnings are low as we're using cash savings blah blah blah) and I also had a decent balance on a card because I wasn't thinking and didn't pay that balance before re-applying. So -- got declined for the CSP. I'll deal with that later, but had to do some maneuvering, but thankfully am an authorized user on P2's CSP and got all the points transferring done. Lessons learned -- don't act before thinking everything thru. My first CC non-approval.
I'm retired and now on pension income with savings. I 'rarely' take anything from savings, just when I grabbed 20K for something substantial. Soon I'll have to take rmd's whether I need the money or not.

For applying for credit cards I've been able to easily get approved using my pensions. But, if income ever becomes an issue I'll claim the 'savings'. Or I'll do household income and add in DD's income. Not sure how kosher any of this is. Amex gives the option to supply net worth but I can see that leading to a flurry of offers to manage assets.

I got denied for a card when I was applying for a CIP several years ago. 5 minutes later I applied for a CIU and got approved. Amex hadn't wanted to give me a SUB in ages, then last year easily approved for the Hilton Surpass through DOC. Then a couple of weeks ago gave me the upgrade offer for the Brilliant. CC companies will do what they need. If they are pushing something they'll take a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter