I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

UGHH... don't know what to do. Decided on a October Quick Trip with DD. Working around her nursing schedule - she works every 3rd weekend, so if we go after the weekend she works - she will have like 5 days off in a row, so she doesn't need to use any time off.

We normally always stay DVC at BWV.(We have a friend that rents us points) Love the area. Looking at availability online, the only thing available is AKV Kidani or OKW or Saratoga. Love AKV but not having to take the buses everywhere. But do like being able to charge on the Magic Bands all the Disney Perks.

Our other option is Swan/Dolphin. Stayed there a few times. It is fine, not the same as BWV but same transportation options. I looked at all the different DVC Rentals to see if they had any reserved reservations available for BWV or BCV or Poly - but nothing.

What are the chances that something opens up if on waitlist - or is it pretty slim to none in October...

UGHH... don't know what to do. Decided on a October Quick Trip with DD. Working around her nursing schedule - she works every 3rd weekend, so if we go after the weekend she works - she will have like 5 days off in a row, so she doesn't need to use any time off.

We normally always stay DVC at BWV.(We have a friend that rents us points) Love the area. Looking at availability online, the only thing available is AKV Kidani or OKW or Saratoga. Love AKV but not having to take the buses everywhere. But do like being able to charge on the Magic Bands all the Disney Perks.

Our other option is Swan/Dolphin. Stayed there a few times. It is fine, not the same as BWV but same transportation options. I looked at all the different DVC Rentals to see if they had any reserved reservations available for BWV or BCV or Poly - but nothing.

What are the chances that something opens up if on waitlist - or is it pretty slim to none in October...
October is always difficult for BWV. People like to stay there for proximity to Epcot during the Food & Wine festival. Also, you are hoping for a stay which is less than 7 months away, so members with any home resort have been able to book there for awhile. (If you book more than 7 months out, only members who have BWV as a home resort can book there.)

That said, a 1-bedroom is easier to get than a studio. And pool/garden view is easier to get than standard view or BoardWalk view. I'm not sure what you are hoping to book.

I'm also not sure where you are looking to see availability online. The only thing that's accurate is the DVC Member website. And you definitely can't look at disneyworld.com because the pool of rooms for cash booking there is different from the pool of rooms for booking on DVC points on the member website.

Anyone thinking about getting the Amex Bonvoy Business card? I'm on the fence. We need another MSR.

Earn 5 Free Night Awards

after you use your new Card to make $8,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.†
I got it back when the SUB was points (I had a targeted email offer) which I prefer over FNC, but the other benefit that I'm sure you know about is the additional 15 elite night credits to stack with your personal Marriott card's 15 elite nights. Depends on if you're interested in that sort of thing. I'm 215 nights away from lifetime Platinum, but with having both a personal and business card I automatically get 30 nights a year, which makes it seem attainable at some point (plus I need one more year of Platinum to reach the 10 yr Plat status requirement). I figure I can always upgrade to the Brilliant if necessary for 1 yr of Plat status.

Also consider if getting the Biz Bonvoy if it locks you out from other (Bonvoy) cards, or even Amex cards since it counts toward the 5 cc limit.

October is always difficult for BWV. People like to stay there for proximity to Epcot during the Food & Wine festival. Also, you are hoping for a stay which is less than 7 months away, so members with any home resort have been able to book there for awhile. (If you book more than 7 months out, only members who have BWV as a home resort can book there.)

That said, a 1-bedroom is easier to get than a studio. And pool/garden view is easier to get than standard view or BoardWalk view. I'm not sure what you are hoping to book.

I'm also not sure where you are looking to see availability online. The only thing that's accurate is the DVC Member website. And you definitely can't look at disneyworld.com because the pool of rooms for cash booking there is different from the pool of rooms for booking on DVC points on the member website.
I was looking at a DVC Availability Tool webpage. Shows what days are available for each category and resort. I think it is probably updated once a day, so not totally accurate.

We would be happy in either Studio or 1 Bedroom / Any View. But forgot the Food/Wine will be going on. If we had our friend put in a request for a 1 Bedroom at BWV for the 4 days (Oct 9-13). Would he be notified only when all 4 days are available or when each day becomes available. I think only the 12th currently shows available. Just wasn't sure if it is worth his time doing this and have Swan/Dolphin or AKV as a backup??

New Hilton cc SUBs, both the no-fee and Surpass come with a FNC in addition to the points. The offers expire 7/31/24. I'm going to wait until 7/1/24 to apply for the Surpass (which I've gotten the pop-up for twice in the past few weeks when using P2's support link [so that might be part of it]) so that I have all of Q3 to use that $50 Hilton credit.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...5k-points-130k-points-free-night-certificate/

New Hilton cc SUBs, both the no-fee and Surpass come with a FNC in addition to the points. The offers expire 7/31/24. I'm going to wait until 7/1/24 to apply for the Surpass (which I've gotten the pop-up for twice in the past few weeks when using P2's support link [so that might be part of it]) so that I have all of Q3 to use that $50 Hilton credit.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...5k-points-130k-points-free-night-certificate/

If you get it in June, I think you'd be able to get 6 quarters of credits out of 1 AF. You'd only get 5 if you do it in July. Similar to how the triple dip in December works.

Or is the goal a more organic use? Maximizing the number of quarters would probably involve buying GC.

If you get it in June, I think you'd be able to get 6 quarters of credits out of 1 AF. You'd only get 5 if you do it in July. Similar to how the triple dip in December works.

Or is the goal a more organic use? Maximizing the number of quarters would probably involve buying GC.
Good points. It will probably be mostly organic since the closest hotel to my kid's college is a Hilton property. And then in quarters where we won't be staying at a property I'd buy a gc. I'd hold onto it and maybe upgrade after a year to the Aspire if travel plans could benefit from it. I closed my OG NAF at end of 2023 bc I don't have any worthwhile nearby resorts to use the credit at, and the decent ones require a flight.

This is assuming I don't get the pop-up! I've closed many Amex cards, and plan to close my vanilla Plat in July, so I might legitimately be on their black list.

Question. DH has a lot of UR's. I want to transfer them to my account. I know we used to be able to do this online but not anymore. Can I SM them to do this or does DH need to call?

Question. DH has a lot of UR's. I want to transfer them to my account. I know we used to be able to do this online but not anymore. Can I SM them to do this or does DH need to call?
I always do it on the app. Go to Ultimate Rewards > Home > Rewards Details > Combine Points (I need to slide down to see Combine points on my phone - it's the last option). All of my cards show up plus the one of my DH that I previously had set up to combine with.

I always do it on the app. Go to Ultimate Rewards > Home > Rewards Details > Combine Points (I need to slide down to see Combine points on my phone - it's the last option). All of my cards show up plus the one of my DH that I previously had set up to combine with.
Just went on the app in DH's account. Did all the steps above -but it does not show any of my accounts on there. Dang it!!

@CaliforniaGirl09 Hoping you are doing ok. In my reddit account I had saved this particular post from 4 years ago, and thought I'd mention it to you in case it has any helpful info. You're in my thoughts.

This is awesome--love that lady. I pretty much did all that, but there are still a few things tripping me up. I'm not sure whether to try to use his FN award from Hilton. If I was sure I could avoid the desk ... Super helpful though--thanks so much for posting.

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely comments. It's been a horrible time, and I still feel like someone is going to wake me up and tell me it was all a nightmare. We are basically going day-by-day. DS24 special needs is really struggling so DD24 and I are focused on keeping him as "normal" as possible.

This is awesome--love that lady. I pretty much did all that, but there are still a few things tripping me up. I'm not sure whether to try to use his FN award from Hilton. If I was sure I could avoid the desk ... Super helpful though--thanks so much for posting.

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely comments. It's been a horrible time, and I still feel like someone is going to wake me up and tell me it was all a nightmare. We are basically going day-by-day. DS24 special needs is really struggling so DD24 and I are focused on keeping him as "normal" as possible.
You would be fine to use his FNC. I have called HH 3 times to use dd's FNC and they have never asked to speak to her. The only issue you could have is when they text you the code that they need to verify his identity. If you have access to his cell phone you will be fine. Book the room and add your name to the reservation so that you can check in.
*if you don't have access to his cell phone, hopefully you can access his HH profile and change the phone number to your cell, then you can verify his account (dd's HH phone number is my cell)

Last edited:
I was looking at a DVC Availability Tool webpage. Shows what days are available for each category and resort. I think it is probably updated once a day, so not totally accurate.

We would be happy in either Studio or 1 Bedroom / Any View. But forgot the Food/Wine will be going on. If we had our friend put in a request for a 1 Bedroom at BWV for the 4 days (Oct 9-13). Would he be notified only when all 4 days are available or when each day becomes available. I think only the 12th currently shows available. Just wasn't sure if it is worth his time doing this and have Swan/Dolphin or AKV as a backup??

Watch out for putting in the exact dates you want for a DVC reservation, if a mod sees it they will delete it.

A DVC owner can put in a request for a waitlist. For example: the owner can request days 1-4 of a particular month at resort XYZ. If the owner does that, the waitlist will only come through if all 4 days at XYZ are available.

As an alternative, the owner could put in a request for days 1-2 and resort XYZ and a different request for days 3-4 at resort XYZ. The owner might think that the shorter waitlists are more likely to get filled. Reason: somebody might cancel days 3-6 at Resort XYZ. If they do, then maybe the Owner's request for days 3-4 could be filled. Then maybe somebody else would cancel days 1-2. Or maybe somebody else would cancel days 30 of the prior month through day 2 of the desired month.

If both waitlists come through, and you have back-to-back reservations for the same type of unit at the same resort: DVC can merge them.

If only one waitlist comes through, then you could be looking at a split stay.

I would book Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve as a backup. Just make sure you book a reservation which can be cancelled.

I think you said, in your prior post, that the owner is a friend. If the owner is not a friend, then don't expect the owner to do this for you. If I were renting out my points, I could get the same amount of money by booking something which is currently available (assuming somebody wanted it). I wouldn't mess around with waitlisting for someone who wanted to rent my points. Too much effort for the same amount of money.

Just went on the app in DH's account. Did all the steps above -but it does not show any of my accounts on there. Dang it!!
I recall reading somewhere that when you call in to have them move the points, you can ask them to fix it so the spouse's account will show up on your app and you can transfer them yourself from then on. It's at least worth a try.

P2 was recently approved for an IHG business premier. The bonus was 140k after $4k spend then an additional 35k after $7k total spend. We met the $4k spend before the first statement closed. The statement shows the 140k bonus points plus the points from spend but her IHG account only shows the points from the spend. Anyone know what might be the reason the bonus isn’t in her account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter