I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Maybe an airline that uses your airport as a hub? Gives you more options later for domestic flights, at least
These are my options:
Accor Live Limitless (ALL)
Aeromexico Club Premier
Air France-KLM Flying Blue
Avianca LifeMiles
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Choice Privileges
Emirates Skywards
Etihad Guest
Eva Air Infinity MileageLands
JetBlue TrueBlue
Qantas Frequent Flyer
Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Windham Rewards

I'm considering Air France maybe?

Thanks for the input! That's the way I've been leaning as well, I just feel like having the supervision of an ortho would be better, esp since I have had general dentistry issues in the past. The cost and time difference (being able to do it at my convenience, rather than having to make an appointment every 2-3 weeks) was the main reason I considered other options. I've had a lot of friends, who are parents, tell me to just do the online routes, like Smile Direct Club for example, because that's what their kids use and its worked so well for them. But I also think for kids it may be a less-complicated thing. I'm not considered "young", and I'd hate to run into any issues caused by cheaping out on the back end, only to find out it would cost just as much or more to correct those issues in the long term. I guess the silver lining is, for what Invisalign is gonna cost, I can very well meet a $6K spend in no time, LOL.
My ds has Invisalign and only sees the ortho every 10 weeks. They give him 10 trays at a time. I had Invisalign too about 15 years ago.

Assuming you have both the checking and savings. You only need to keep $1500 in checking and $300 in savings to keep it fee free. I’m keeping as little as possible in mine for better interest earning elsewhere.

Oh, awesome! That makes a huge difference in where else I might be able to invest! Thanks!

New question, for cruise-y types...

I am looking at a cruise for my family of four in 2 cabins (because we would kill each other...) H definitely wants the drink package, so I am listing him and DD21 (will be by then...) as one cabin with the "free drink package" (That costs $400 in tips...) In the other room I am listing myself and DD-will-be-18... she obviously won't be drinking, and I can buy myself a LOT of cash-bar drinks for $400 if I wanted them...

Our cruise has a port call every day, so we won't be on the ship 24/7, and I know that basic beverages are included with meals... but my question for anyone who knows is:

How expensive are sodas and non-alcoholic beverages between mealtimes? Before I turn down the "free" ($400) drink package, I want to be sure it's not $10 per soda...

We're going to be on NCL, if that helps...

You have my admiration and appreciation for taking on a rescue--and an abused one at that-you're a dog hero🦸‍♀️!
Well it was kind of accidental. Lol Our other dog was a rescue that my sister fostered (she fostered over 300 dogs, dog hero though I can't tell her that 😂) and needed a friend. I have always loved Weimaraners, had 2 in the past. DH kept saying no until he said well, maybe. I found a breed rescue a couple states over and applied, talked with the adoption coordinator etc, they had a bunch in foster care and 8-10 dogs at a large property the rescue director owns. So we arranged to drive up there, told we would get to see 5-6 dogs and be able to pick. We drive 4 hours with DS and current doggo. Director will only let us see 2 dogs, she felt the others were not a good fit. So we met a pit weim mix that got into a fight with our dog, so nope. Then a 4 yr old obese male Weim who was not interested in our dog. She assured me he played with the others and would play with our dog when he settled down. I felt like he wasn't in a great place and needed diet and exercise, so I said yes. Director couldn't find all the paperwork (I know, many 🚩at this point) and would email me his med records. We took him home, changed his food, controlled his intake and exercise and got him in shape (105# to current 80ish). When she emailed his records tuns out his birthdate was just shy of 8 years, not the 4 we were told. Also, he still won't play with our other dog and prefers human company. All told I wish he weren't so old (and anxious) but I don't regret it.

OK, we are now lessees of a Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV. Have never leased before, as we tend to keep our cars 15 years or so, but with the state of the EV technology evolving it seemed prudent. Managed to play a couple of dealers off each other to get a $100/month payment decrease, which over a 36 month lease seems significant. I was surprised we could, but there is finally more vehicle inventory available.

Good news? Delta found DD's luggage. I have a ton of receipts. She's had to buy clothes, contacts, skincare, haircare (she's a curly girl. That stuff is not cheap), medications. I hope Delta reimburses her. She sent me pictures of the receipts and wants me to upload since she doesn't have a computer.
I'm quoting myself...Delta sucks. Just tried to upload receipts and they kicked me out without saving anything. 🙃 told me to do it all over again.

lol side note on this, what do you think of Invisalign? I'm getting it soon, either that or something like Smile Direct/Byte where you do it at home instead of at the ortho. I can't decide which, but leaning towards Invisalign, so it's supervised and done correctly. Any input appreciated! I'll also get a new card to pay for it (probably CIU), but I doubt my travel hacking will be 1/4 as good as yours lol.
Go pro. I just tried to get a new night guard from an online outfit where they send you a kit and you do your own mold at a cost of like 25% of the dentist’s office- yeah. That was a complete failure (they did give a full refund so no money lost). Lesson learned, just buck it up and go to the dentist for dental appliances.

I would check with a pharmacist or a physician. The Japanese list has some obvious and not so obvious things on their list (I'm not so sure how fluid it is- I don't keep up with its regulations since it's a twice and done for me place lol). Definitely better to be safe than sorry if you're really wanting to go!
An easier option is to email the Japanese Ministry for Health...the email address is on the website listed in the post above your you can google it. If you send them a list of medications, they'll let you know what's ok, what isn't, and what needs the special paperwork.

So my Southwest Priority hits 2 years this month. If I were to cancel it and then reapply, would I qualify for the new sign-on bonus?
The 24 months is from when you received the sign up bonus not from when the card was opened and you would need to cancel your current card 31 days before applying for the same card

Last edited:
As a Dental Hygienist I would strongly encourage you to have any orthodontic work done under the supervision of an orthodontist. I’m not going to bore the credit card thread with tooth talk, but there’s considerably more to moving teeth around than just slapping in some trays every day. You’re going to get a much better and controlled result working with an orthodontist. This would be a prime example of you get what you pay for. 😊
I agree! I had Invisalign years ago under the supervision of an orthodontist specially trained for Invisalign treatment. If I was gonna spend $7k of my hard earned money, I wanted an expert to oversee my teeth. Our local dentist calls herself offering Invisalign and regular braces, but she is not an an actual orthodontist and I have seen quite a bit of people have to go back and get braces again after receiving treatment from her because their teeth didn’t turn out right or didn’t stay put after getting their braces off. I can’t even imagine buying the trays off the tv. Definitely go to an orthodontist!

I'm quoting myself...Delta sucks. Just tried to upload receipts and they kicked me out without saving anything. 🙃 told me to do it all over again.
We just cruised out of Rome and I talked to a few people that had serious luggage problems. I can't imagine going on a cruise and not having luggage show up for days. One lady I talked to her whole cruise was consumed with finding her luggage and the airline only gave her two t-shirts.

On the flight over I checked on the AA app and it said our bag wasn't loaded in JFK. I spent 9 hours stressing on the flight about it. I got a text from AA when we landed that our bag didn't make it. Our bag DID make it. I think the barcode didn't scan.

Last year flying to Europe when I saw all the luggage issues on the news I stuffed as much into our carryons as I need to survive. I slacked off this year thinking things had improved. Next year I'm stuffing my carry-on and backpack as full as I can get them.

Do any of you have AA executive card? I just got approved for that. I did it on a whim. The AF is obnoxious, but I live at an AA hub and fly on them almost exclusively. Now that I have it I think the Admirals club might be worth it, especially with free AU's that get full access. I'm not sure this was a good decision, but at times I'm impulsive.

I'm trying to stack some AA points. Three months ago I got the Barrlay business for the second time, and now the excutive and I can get the AA citi business again this Fall..it's hard to believe it's been four years.

I want to fly business to Japan. I'm thinking maybe Alaska cards next? Strangely I don't have any BA cards, but we have a mortgage with BA that's almost paid off..... Or should I just hit the Chase business inks?

I just finished the spend on the ink cash. I"ll be under 5|24 again on 8\1. I'm thinking " the inks" while the good times are rolling.

I get flyers every week for the Amex Business Gold and Platinum that would make the posters on Reddit hyperventilate but I just can't make the spend.

Good reminder about the SUB date, not opening date. Has the 31 days for SW cards changed? I was the original DP on that a couple of years ago.
No personal experience, but I don’t believe so…maybe someone else has a fresh DP
…edited my original post…thought I hit 31 :crazy2: Sorry for the confusion

Do any of you have AA executive card? I just got approved for that. I did it on a whim. The AF is obnoxious, but I live at an AA hub and fly on them almost exclusively. Now that I have it I think the Admirals club might be worth it, especially with free AU's that get full access. I'm not sure this was a good decision, but at times I'm impulsive.

I'm trying to stack some AA points. Three months ago I got the Barrlay business for the second time, and now the excutive and I can get the AA citi business again this Fall..it's hard to believe it's been four years.

I want to fly business to Japan. I'm thinking maybe Alaska cards next? Strangely I don't have any BA cards, but we have a mortgage with BA that's almost paid off..... Or should I just hit the Chase business inks?

I just finished the spend on the ink cash. I"ll be under 5|24 again on 8\1. I'm thinking " the inks" while the good times are rolling.

I get flyers every week for the Amex Business Gold and Platinum that would make the posters on Reddit hyperventilate but I just can't make the spend.
I never actually considered this card, but I have 3 + infant traveling to Europe from Philadelphia on AA in October. This might actually be worth it just for the lounge access as only 2 of us have free centurion lounge access...interesting.

I never actually considered this card, but I have 3 + infant traveling to Europe from Philadelphia on AA in October. This might actually be worth it just for the lounge access as only 2 of us have free centurion lounge access...interesting.
My DH and I fly separately a lot Sometimes with the kids and sometimes not. You can have up to 8 authorized users for free and they can all access the lounge with two guests. I'm not sure if it causes an overcrowding problem or not.

The problem I've been finding when I fly is the priority lounges are never in the AA terminal and I guess that's because AA has their own lounge.

I've been in both the AA and Centurian Lounge I think the Centurion is nicer with better food and drinks. Admirals clubs will only give you a selection of two or three drinks for free.

Our home airport is getting a Chase lounge in the southwest terminal which will be nice. I have access to Venture X in Dallas, but from what I can tell that's not in the AA terminal either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter