I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the Hyatt in Ocean City this weekend and they are treating me very well also!

My first night was at Holiday Inn and Suites and they were also outstanding, with newly renovated rooms. I got the larger end room suite and ocean front - very nice upgrade.

Hyatt was able to get me in my room shortly after I checked out and I was also upgraded to oceanfront here. I never expect a suite as they are king and I'm usually booking the 2 queens, plus these nights in summer are usually sold out.

And, although they are not on the beach, there is no shortage of dogs, both in the hotel and on the streets, just not on the boardwalk. I did find the pet relief area sort of by accident - since we have 2 cars, I was looking for street parking and found it close to the pet area. It's very small but adequate to get the job done and bagged, with a disposal bin fairly close.

The beach was windy but still very pleasant today. I actually sat out on the sand for awhile today. Usually I walk early morning and maybe in the evening. Today I did all three.

Tomorrow afternoon we go home.
Enjoy OC! I’ll be down at the end of Aug for my sister’s wedding. But we rented an AirBnB since there were so many of us. Of course, I am flying solo since DS will be back to school since his private school starts before Labor Day.

I feel the wet basement pain. When we bought our first single family home in 1992, we were told there was a leak in the unfinished basement, they thought it was an uncapped fireplace footings. They capped it, graded it, and never leaked. Fast forward 10 years, house is sold. About 6 weeks before closing (we had a 3 month long contract), we get a horrific rain storm. We notice the carpet is getting damp in our fully finished basement. DH pulls up the edge of the carpet and water is running in under the wall. We pull the carpet back and get the wet vac. The rain keeps falling and the water keeps coming in. I had the following day off to chaperone a full day field trip to the zoo, dh had to work. I stayed up all night and about every 20-30 minutes vacuumed up the water, so the carpet didn't get wet. I was a total zombie on that field trip, I felt horrible, and it was my sons birthday. We had to put money in escrow so the buyers could have it fixed. We didn't care at that point, we just wanted it done and to get out. It was horrible.

I think my BF and a friend mentioned the french drain. I have a sump pump which seems to be handling the water. It really is just that side of my house is squishy and damp 24/7. It doesn't get much sun. I've tried to build up the slope, but the dirt you can get at HD isn't the ideal kind. In the grand scheme of things it's not much water....it puddles in the basement. I'm working on getting some shelves and moving more stuff off the floor in that area. And luckily I don't think there is any damage to the finished area......as I think it trickles down the wall to the floor and then seeps out. The BF is going to come look at the outside and see what he thinks. He apparently rebuilt the retaining wall at his last house. He was quoted $17k and managed to do it himself for $2k. So I'm all for him doing it, LOL.

Today was one of the days where I'm over being a home owner. I had a total breakdown. UGH.
Good luck, glad BF is handy. Not sure what you're trying to build up, but you want it to slope away from foundation, which often requires removing soil 4-5 feet away from foundation to make it lower so water drains that way. The area that's squishy isn't draining into the sump pit, there may be a French drain there but clogged with silt. If there's water on the inside of the walls trickling down to floor, chances are that the studs and insulation are wet or at least damp.

I asked on the dining board, but any suggestions for outdoor dining at WDW? Anyone know if Homecomin', House of Blues, B&C, Frontera or Sebastian's has outdoor seating now? I'm pretty sure 'Ohana won't so I think I'll cancel our ADR there.

I asked on the dining board, but any suggestions for outdoor dining at WDW? Anyone know if Homecomin', House of Blues, B&C, Frontera or Sebastian's has outdoor seating now? I'm pretty sure 'Ohana won't so I think I'll cancel our ADR there.
Homecomin did in 2019 when we were there, so I’d assume they still do. It was like a screened in porch, so not truly open, though.

Hi, new to this board and long post to follow.
I read the stickies and started reading from April on after I did a search for United. I'm still in May, but wanted to ask my question before SUB's change.

02/21 - CareCredit thru Synchrony Bank
(I got LASIK done [best decision ever, if you're considering it) and wanted to use the 0% to pay for it).
No other cards applied for in past 24 Mos & not getting P2 applying for anything soon.

We can put minimum $2-3k on credit per mo and almost always pay it off full, unless something extreme.

We live in the Chicago suburbs and fly out of O'Hare & Midway. We prefer SW and have a SW Priority card.
However, we will need a secondary airline and thinking about leaning towards United since O'Hare is a hub so maybe better fares?

We do not have a preferred hotel. We own DVC and most recently stayed VRBO for road trips, and AMResorts (parent company of Secrets, Breathless, etc) in Mexico. Otherwise we pick a random hotel based on location/price.

We have almost 80k miles in SW; 40k in UR thru a Chase Freedom, $240 is Disney dollars and $495 in a CapitalOne Quicksilver.

We have a Mexico trip in Oct I plan on paying for flight & resort to earn points.
Next year we want to go to USO & stay on property bc I have an AP, a split trip to Nashville & New Orleans, and DH has a trip to Mexico w/friends. A VRBO trip or Cedar Point is a maybe. The big trip is a Mediterranean cruise (me & DH) in 2023 (pushing back from '22).

Family is myself, DH, DD(2), & DNephew(18)

I'm thinking CSP is my best bet? I also thought about United Quest? Any others?

The CapitalOne we opened bc we got married, built a house, and had a baby in 16 mo so needed a 0% to spend then pay off. Do I keep this one open? And Disney, SW, & CF open? What do my CL's need to be so that's not too high? My credit score is excellent & I have a healthy income as a P1.

I think that covered it, but if not let me know! Appreciate the help!

I read the stickies and started reading from April on after I did a search for United. I'm still in May, but wanted to ask my question before SUB's change.

(I got LASIK done [best decision ever, if you're considering it) and wanted to use the 0% to pay for it).
No other cards applied for in past 24 Mos & not getting P2 applying for anything soon.

We can put minimum $2-3k on credit per mo and almost always pay it off full, unless something extreme.

We live in the Chicago suburbs and fly out of O'Hare & Midway. We prefer SW and have a SW Priority card.
However, we will need a secondary airline and thinking about leaning towards United since O'Hare is a hub so maybe better fares?

We do not have a preferred hotel. We own DVC and most recently stayed VRBO for road trips, and AMResorts (parent company of Secrets, Breathless, etc) in Mexico. Otherwise we pick a random hotel based on location/price.

We have almost 80k miles in SW; 40k in UR thru a Chase Freedom, $240 is Disney dollars and $495 in a CapitalOne Quicksilver.

We have a Mexico trip in Oct I plan on paying for flight & resort to earn points.
Next year we want to go to USO & stay on property bc I have an AP, a split trip to Nashville & New Orleans, and DH has a trip to Mexico w/friends. A VRBO trip or Cedar Point is a maybe. The big trip is a Mediterranean cruise (me & DH) in 2023 (pushing back from '22).

The CapitalOne we opened bc we got married, built a house, and had a baby in 16 mo so needed a 0% to spend then pay off. Do I keep this one open? And Disney, SW, & CF open? What do my CL's need to be so that's not too high? My credit score is excellent & I have a healthy income as a P1.

URs transfer to United so that is an excellent choice. The bonus is awesome at this time. The advantages with the United card is being able to see additional award flights and free baggage. You could always get the United later.

The other option is the more advanced MDD or double dip for the CSP and CSR since you can only get them every 48 hours from when the bonus is received. @SouthFayetteFan can hook you up with dischurners that contains more info.

For income, you can actually add your DH’s for household income. Total Chase credit should be 30% of income or $80k in general.

Unless the CapOne has an AF that you are looking to no longer pay, there is no reason to close.

If you decide to go for CSP and you don’t have a support source, there are links on Dischurners where you could make someone’s day with 20k bonus points.

Good luck and welcome!

Good luck, glad BF is handy. Not sure what you're trying to build up, but you want it to slope away from foundation, which often requires removing soil 4-5 feet away from foundation to make it lower so water drains that way. The area that's squishy isn't draining into the sump pit, there may be a French drain there but clogged with silt. If there's water on the inside of the walls trickling down to floor, chances are that the studs and insulation are wet or at least damp.

I'm lucky that this is a crappy partial finish, there is no insulation, LOL. I'm suspecting I need to "build up" the firmness of the ground under all the squish. I know it needs to slope away. My yard in general sucks, it's definitely settled in the 42 years, my driveway is so unleveled it's crazy. If I took on all the crap my house needed, I could hit SUBs like crazy, LOL. But I hate spending on "not fun" stuff. And as a single mom it sucks that much more, LOL.

Homecomin did in 2019 when we were there, so I’d assume they still do. It was like a screened in porch, so not truly open, though.
Pandemic Homecomin’ also added outdoor seating on the opposite side of the porch that is truly outdoor and partially covered seating. Fewer people wanted to eat out there in April, so we got seated more quickly. I assume they are continuing with that, but didn’t double-check when we were at DS a couple of weeks ago.

@Alexle2007 I bought a dog stroller today (found one on craigslist that was one I had my eye on on Amazon). Dd and I took the dogs out tonight. The older dog was barking at other dogs from the stroller and I swear the other dogs were snickering at her.
I can’t remember if I mentioned getting Puggles a stroller or not. I used it Sat and Sun. DH had a fit that was using it at the resort and told me it was embarrassing. But Puggles looks so cute in it :)

He has been an absolute dream on vacation. He loves sitting at the pool with us. 6ADBE22D-BAC7-445D-9A36-482E089C6861.jpegAA52EEC1-1011-41CD-9C36-1A5540A17F02.jpeg

If you are the companion on a companion pass from SW AND your flight gets changed, do you get an email notifying you of the change? Or does only the person who bought the ticket get the email notification? What has your experience been as the companion?

If you are the companion on a companion pass from SW AND your flight gets changed, do you get an email notifying you of the change? Or does only the person who bought the ticket get the email notification? What has your experience been as the companion?

When purchasing the companion ticket, there are two sections: How do we contact you? and Send your receipt. For contact info, I always choose text. I am always notified of flight changes to the email address I enter for the receipt. So I would think it would go to the email address entered in the receipt section or contact section.

I can’t remember if I mentioned getting Puggles a stroller or not. I used it Sat and Sun. DH had a fit that was using it at the resort and told me it was embarrassing. But Puggles looks so cute in it :)

He has been an absolute dream on vacation. He loves sitting at the pool with us. View attachment 592612View attachment 592613

We have a Boston and a Frenchton (Boston/Frenchie mix) and like a pug, because of their short noses (pushed in facial structure), they don't breathe efficiently and frequently overheat from mild/moderate activity. We've considered a stroller for them, but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Love the pics!

From the web: "Due to their facial structure, brachycephalic dogs do not breathe and pant efficiently. ... BAS causes a dog's breathing to be inefficient, meaning they are unable to cool themselves down properly. This places them at an extreme risk for developing heatstroke or heat exhaustion"

We have a Boston and a Frenchton (Boston/Frenchie mix) and like a pug, because of their short noses (pushed in facial structure), they don't breathe efficiently and frequently overheat from mild/moderate activity. We've considered a stroller for them, but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Love the pics!

From the web: "Due to their facial structure, brachycephalic dogs do not breathe and pant efficiently. ... BAS causes a dog's breathing to be inefficient, meaning they are unable to cool themselves down properly. This places them at an extreme risk for developing heatstroke or heat exhaustion"
I was talking to a fellow pug lover at the pool. He mentioned that the BAS dogs also have trouble swimming because they can’t lift their snort out of the water like other dogs. One of his friends had a French bulldog who was in a life vest in the bay and ended up drowning.

He has been an absolute dream on vacation. He loves sitting at the pool with us. View attachment 592612View attachment 592613
So glad puggles is enjoying the trip. And your dh probably would really dislike my pink dog stroller:)IMG_5777.jpg

To verify chase reserve is still allowing grocery purchases to qualify for travel credit? I logged onto my
dashboard and it said through june/21.

Hello fellow Chicagoan!
How old is your SW Priority card? If it's older than 24 months, I would consider closing that and reapplying when you see a good bonus or strategically towards the end of the year to try and get CP.
Definitely go for the CSP. Great bonus right now obviously. We usually fly SW but when we want to fly out of ORD, it usually makes sense to book through Chase with UR points vs. United or American directly. The big airlines typically have a fixed rate (25k or 35K points for a round trip) but the UR cost will be based on the price of the fare. You can check the United fare with UR points vs. transferring to United to see if it makes sense.
If the Quick Silver is your oldest card and has no AF, I'd say keep it open and use for a little charge every now and then. Same with the Disney card (once you use up your rewards).

Hi all! New to posting on this board but have been quietly reading on and off for years.

07/21 - Navy Federal Go Rewards Visa
04/21 - Navy Federal More Rewards AmEx
11/14 - Capital One Quicksilver
02/15 - Capital One Quicksilver

All other cards are older than 2 years and don't come with any benefits so need to be churned, but I listed the Capital Ones as I know they're recommended sometimes.

I am also an AU on my partners AmEx Platinum.

2)
  • I put literally everything on my AmEx that I can and then pay it off -- groceries, gas, travel, any bills/subscriptions, rent, restaurants, etc. The only thing that I can't put on it is... other credit card payments, of course. ;) Those get paid in cash. I probably spend about ~1500/month on average between all of those things.
  • I am carrying balances on most cards but am working on paying them down.
  • Raleigh/Durham is my closest; for international, we like to fly to Boston (as that's where we're from originally)
  • I am a JetBlue fan to a fault, but also like flying Delta. I loved Alaska/Virgin but they rarely fly out of here. Southwest would be my absolute last resort - I hate to fly and need to select my seat in advance LOL
  • But yes, Southwest flies out of RDU
  • Marriotts are my go-to but I know their point system isn't all that great; a close second is Hilton
  • Approx. ~50k in AmEx points; Gold status with both Marriott and Hilton (thanks to the AmEx Platinum auto upgrade)
  • Honeymoon in the next few years; pay off student loans faster; pay off wedding while we're planning it! :) (FYI - not engaged yet. I know the ring has been ordered. We've already started planning so we can budget.)
  • We're definitely heading to the UK in May 2022 for my best friends wedding and would like to do an extended trip.
  • Me and my partner!
Here is my first question (although I will have many others!): I have a Bank of AmeriCard that was the second card I had ever opened, back in 2006. It has always maintained the same level of credit - $600 - despite asking for CLI's when my credit was high, waiting out between cards, etc. Literally nothing makes this card budge. It has the second longest history so I don't want to close it of course, and I am not a fan of BoA, but I am thinking about a PC in 6 months or so and am curious if anyone has any recommendations. It's currently a card that does nothing for me outside of keeping my credit history long! Any recommendations?

When purchasing the companion ticket, there are two sections: How do we contact you? and Send your receipt. For contact info, I always choose text. I am always notified of flight changes to the email address I enter for the receipt. So I would think it would go to the email address entered in the receipt section or contact section.
THAnks! I am the companion and our flight got changed. ( changed to a flight that absolutely will not work for or us) but I didn’t get an email about the change. So I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!