I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like an amazing trip! I subscribe to Scott’s cheap flights and I consistently get alerts for Costa Rica- in about the $300 RT range for economy. Wonder if it’s your departure airport or Thanksgiving rates that is driving that so high?

I really wish SW would begin offering more international destinations again!!!
Me too!!

I think both, and also the decreased availability of choices compared to the past. The departure airport (DEN) but especially Thanksgiving timeframe are affecting our prices based on what I can see on Google Flights. I got 1 stop on the way out, and nonstop on the way back. In DH's account, it was possible to book one way for 17.5K miles on the way there, but those routes would've used up one of our Andaz nights and extended our travel day to 17-22 hours long. Blech. That's just not something I'm willing to do.

DD and my grandchildren flew to Colorado on Thursday and will be back next week. Grandpa is taking them with him to one of the timeshare resorts out there (Steamboat Springs) and it's been a while since he's seen the girls. He's been having cancer treatments for the last few years, where it goes into remission and then comes back somewhere else, and is due for some surgery in May, so no time like the present to visit.

Anyway, she had some bargain Frontier seats and she called me and said Frontier messed them up by canceling or changing the flights.

Of course I mentioned Southwest and she says 'I have no SW points.' So, I looked a little further knowing she had UR's, and combined with a sale and 20% off the points booking, in addition to the sale they were running, she was able to get flights for 2008 SW points each! Transferred the UR's over, so basically about $50 each(in points) return from BWI to Denver and back. I also had a leftover SW gift card which I volunteered, but she was so happy with the flights she forgot to get the gc and use it for the taxes.

Last edited:
Well now I see that the Southwest performance business card has an increased SUB. If I previously had that card and got the bonus in January 2020, can I get that card again now, or is there a waiting period?

edited to answer my own question: dang. 24-month waiting period. Bummer.

Just finished my taxes. I hate having a K-1 and very much miss my W-2. But I was within $800 on my estimated tax payments so I'm pleased with myself. And H&R Block online cost > $200 this year:(
Sorry for you. I have never paid to do my taxes. I do them myself and maybe that's how it costs - maybe a tax service would find me some refunds, lol. Actually I always pay a little, last year about $106. Expect this year to be similar. I'll get them done by May 17.

@havaneselover I hope I’m remembering correctly that it was you who commented about Dosh and OD/OM. I just checked, and my first purchase last Sunday tracked and is in my wallet for deposit. My other ones are still pending, but fingers crossed it sticks.
My OD/OM Dosh cash back usually goes from pending to permanent relatively quickly. I’ve got a transaction from April 3 that’s already available to transfer. (And one from April 12 that’s still pending.)

Sorry for you. I have never paid to do my taxes. I do them myself and maybe that's how it costs - maybe a tax service would find me some refunds, lol. Actually I always pay a little, last year about $106. Expect this year to be similar. I'll get them done by May 17.
I usually do our taxes, and my mom's, but this year I paid H&R Block to do them since I sold a rental property which I inherited. Too complicated for me.
I paid over $500. :crazy2: Upside, there was a Chase Biz offer which I maxed at $26. Plus I had to pay taxes, though not a lot. We usually get a bit back.

Headed over to look at a few Chase cards as I'm sort of itching to get a new card and I see they are offering a $300 statement credit on the Disney card after $1000 spend. $49 fee.

That would net $271 -> $251 statement credit and $20 in Disney dollars. And then off to the sock drawer for a year until it would be time to close it down.

Last edited:
I usually do our taxes, and my mom's, but this year I paid H&R Block to do them since I sold a rental property which I inherited. Too complicated for me.
I paid over $500. :crazy2: Upside, there was a Chase Biz offer which I maxed at $26. Plus I had to pay taxes, though not a lot. We usually get a bit back.

I'm doing the same next year because of selling my rental but I found a guy through a coworker that's his own biz. And he can do my nc state which is the best part. At least after that I'll go back to easier taxes without the rental.

You are further ahead by paying. Getting it back just means you loaned your money out at 0% interest.

It just doesn't feel as good when you have to pay as opposed to getting money.

I am not sure if there's a way around paying if you have a K-1. I did them myself (on paper) for years. Then did them with TaxAct for nothing or next to nothing. But once I became a partner at work (massive pain in the butt--still looking for the upside), everything got very complex very fast:( I really miss my W-2.

And, we switched payroll providers mid-year in 2019 (when I still had a W-2) and both providers filed W-2s with the IRS with overlap so some employees are being notified of huge underpayments of taxes. And the old payroll provider which made the error is being non-responsive. Fun times!

My OD/OM Dosh cash back usually goes from pending to permanent relatively quickly. I’ve got a transaction from April 3 that’s already available to transfer. (And one from April 12 that’s still pending.)
So it must be my account. I have tried both CICs I have. No credits for the last six purchases at OD/OM:( Glad it seems to still be working for most of you.

So it must be my account. I have tried both CICs I have. No credits for the last six purchases at OD/OM:( Glad it seems to still be working for most of you.
Dumb question but do you definitely have that card linked in Dosh? And I don’t know if it matters, but I always throw something small in with my GCs - a pack of pens, a. 3-ring binder - something I’ll use eventually.

Anyone with experience using credit card cell phone insurance coverage? I'll be filing a claim for for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a broken/cracked back with damage to camera lens. I’ll feel so much better if I find out it won’t be a hassle to file a claim and get it covered. Repair cost is about $600. Bill paid with Amex biz plat.

I did it w/ my iPhone XS and my IHG Premier. I got it fixed and made sure I had a detailed receipt from Apple. It was a dead screen and I wanted MC to know it wasn't cracked. I ended up with a complete new phone as Apple couldn't repair the issue :) It was easy peasy. I started the claim, got it fixed and then sent the receipt. I didn't wait to see if they would approve it, as it was in the thick of the quarantine and getting apple appts was impossible.

Just finished my taxes. I hate having a K-1 and very much miss my W-2. But I was within $800 on my estimated tax payments so I'm pleased with myself. And H&R Block online cost > $200 this year:(
This was the first year I've ever had to pay to do my taxes online. I guess the increased income and the extra forms to get daycare reimbursement meant I had to pay. Nice AMEX offer for 30% off so that took some of the sting out of it.

Dumb question but do you definitely have that card linked in Dosh? And I don’t know if it matters, but I always throw something small in with my GCs - a pack of pens, a. 3-ring binder - something I’ll use eventually.
Yes. Even deleted and added one card back. It worked until 3/9 then just stopped:(

maybe next time I will add a filler item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter