I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there’s been quite a bit of Hawaii talk in this thread I thought I would share that we flew to Kauai on Sunday on Southwest and the pre-clear option is amazing. You show your safe travels QR code at the departing gate and they give you a wristband. When you get to Hawaii you skip the entire line and walk right out! I bet we saved about an hour since we were sitting in the back of the plane. Also - Kauai is so beautiful!

Aah, Kauai is so lovely! Enjoy your time there. :cloud9:

Not necessarily cc related, but they have announced the reopening date for ‘Ohana and quite a few other shuddered restaurants! In shocking news the ‘Ohana noodles have been replaced by fried rice and peeps are in an uproar.

But I’ll be angling for our Thanksgiving ressies at ‘Ohana!!!

Where are my noodles! I was all psyched to give up my Chef Mickey's dinner ADR for an Ohana one until we found out no noodles and no shrimp. What the heck!

does anyone know if you can drop days from a Disney room only reservation? Because of our dog sitter issue, we are having to completely redo our October, 4th time scheduled trip. DVC is booked solid, so I have to rent out my point and pay the unbelievable cash price for a hotel room instead (wow is THAT eye opening, bless you DVC), and I don't need the last two nights I have booked, but it will only let me add nights online, not remove, it tells me no rooms are available.

Thanks!
I just had to do this for our August reservation this weekend. The reservations line provides call back now so you don't have to wait on hold. All I did was provide my number and they told me they would call back in 90 minutes. It was lovely! The CM did have to place me on hold to talk to Guest Services for approval to remove the last night of our stay but it was adjusted quickly and she didn't indicate there were any issues with my request. We were room only for 5 nights and dropped to 4. I was unable to make this change online.

not today, with the Boo Bash ticket sales I figured it would be a nightmare
I called around 50 times before getting through today (well I called 38 and made DS call 12)
Not necessarily cc related, but they have announced the reopening date for ‘Ohana and quite a few other shuddered restaurants! In shocking news the ‘Ohana noodles have been replaced by fried rice and peeps are in an uproar.

But I’ll be angling for our Thanksgiving ressies at ‘Ohana!!!
I'm not that attached to noodles, DS prefers potstickers anyway. I'll be trying for 'Ohana and Sebastian's on Thursday.

If you are looking to get another SW card to get a CP you would need to cancel your current one. PC with SW cards are probably not as common as some others, like the Ink cards. Usually it may make sense to PC to a card without an annual fee, but all the SW cards have an annual fee of varying amounts.

Your math is correct on the CSR upgrade, but you cannot upgrade a card in the first year, so you'd have to wait until October.
Thank you so much for that helpful info! I know I need to not hold a personal card to be able to do another round of applications and I am considering the MDD this time, hopefully in November.

Any ideas for me here...

We recently got DD a car and on the credit unions website you can pay by debit card. This is a new to us credit union but I thought great I can use VGC's to make these payments. I've tried for several days to get several different VGC's to go through but each time I get an error message. I've tried registering the VGC's, even though I've never had to do that before, and I still can't get any to go through. Any thoughts on why this is happening or what else I could try? I can just paid it from my bank account but I was excited to be able to use VGC's and get 5X UR's while paying for this car.
Did you try PPK? Some places block that too, but it's worth a try to get some CC points.

I'm not as experienced in this as you all are here, so bear with me.
Question: I went to the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer and there were two choices: Apply as Guest or Sign in to apply faster. Since I have a Chase card (but not Sapphire), I signed in. It took me to a page of various Chase card offers and the Sapphire 100k offer was showing but not clickable.

Does that mean the offer is no good for me and it will be a waste of a credit "hit" to try to go via the apply as guest option?

Hi all. Im wondering what everyone's take on the rental car shortage? It is putting serious
crimp in anything i plan. Trying to book disneyworld for Dec and car rates are crazy. Think
it will go down by then? or wait until 2022? * I wanted to if possible stay in Condo because
planning to go to Universal also.

Hi everyone! Just read through 30+ pages to catch up. We were gone for a week in Panama City Beach/Destin area the last week of May, and I have my own small biz on Etsy that I was getting ready to launch a summer line for the first week of June, so I had been swamped with that, and just now catching up here. To everyone that gave recs on PCB/30A, we had an AMAZING time. The trip was so relaxing, the water was the clearest I've seen in Florida, and maybe even the US! Well, Hawaii would be first, but this came in a close second for us. We LOVED it. Ate lots of great seafood, fished, crabbed, did lots of water sports, beach, etc. Would highly recommend!!

I have a new dilemma. We are helping my sister/BIL to accrue points for a Europe trip in 2023 (pushed back due to Covid). I recently found out that my sister didn't cancel her Barclays AA card like I told her to when the AF posted, and in fact she didn't pay it either, and they were calling her and calling her. So of course this probably now shows as a late payment on her credit report, maybe even a collection? I don't know. She did finally call and cancel the card and they refunded the AF, but it was a month overdue at that point. I swore before I would not help them with cc related things, and this is why. -_- Anyways, what is the chance that she'll be able to get the Chase IHG Premier in the future? Say, in 6 months or a year from now? If she does have a late payment on her report now, how sensitive is Chase on that? Does it stay on your report for 2 years or 7? UGH. Needless to say, in my whole entire family, we are the only ones responsible with money. I sometimes wonder if I was adopted, lol.

does anyone know if you can drop days from a Disney room only reservation? Because of our dog sitter issue, we are having to completely redo our October, 4th time scheduled trip. DVC is booked solid, so I have to rent out my point and pay the unbelievable cash price for a hotel room instead (wow is THAT eye opening, bless you DVC), and I don't need the last two nights I have booked, but it will only let me add nights online, not remove, it tells me no rooms are available.

Thanks!
Fort Wilderness campers are used to this situation because of such low inventory and flexibility on when you move your "house". :D I've always had to call (not only for FW but for others) and it takes some finessing on the GS side to get it done -sometimes they've done it on the phone, sometimes I've had to wait for "approval" and they've emailed me. They claim that to shorten a reservation, you need to make a new one and find availability. For the campsites, I figured it was to avoid orphan nights that are harder to fill than in a hotel room. Good luck. We are planning Christmas party trip and since we don't know dates yet, I'm planning on booking Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights as separate reservations just to avoid this scenario. I'll cancel once we find out what's up.

Fort Wilderness campers are used to this situation because of such low inventory and flexibility on when you move your "house". :D I've always had to call (not only for FW but for others) and it takes some finessing on the GS side to get it done -sometimes they've done it on the phone, sometimes I've had to wait for "approval" and they've emailed me. They claim that to shorten a reservation, you need to make a new one and find availability. For the campsites, I figured it was to avoid orphan nights that are harder to fill than in a hotel room. Good luck. We are planning Christmas party trip and since we don't know dates yet, I'm planning on booking Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights as separate reservations just to avoid this scenario. I'll cancel once we find out what's up.
Thanks! There would be no orphan nights, as the whole week after the days I need to drop are wide open in the same category.
I will call after my 11 am meeting.

Hi everyone! Just read through 30+ pages to catch up. We were gone for a week in Panama City Beach/Destin area the last week of May, and I have my own small biz on Etsy that I was getting ready to launch a summer line for the first week of June, so I had been swamped with that, and just now catching up here. To everyone that gave recs on PCB/30A, we had an AMAZING time. The trip was so relaxing, the water was the clearest I've seen in Florida, and maybe even the US! Well, Hawaii would be first, but this came in a close second for us. We LOVED it. Ate lots of great seafood, fished, crabbed, did lots of water sports, beach, etc. Would highly recommend!!

I have a new dilemma. We are helping my sister/BIL to accrue points for a Europe trip in 2023 (pushed back due to Covid). I recently found out that my sister didn't cancel her Barclays AA card like I told her to when the AF posted, and in fact she didn't pay it either, and they were calling her and calling her. So of course this probably now shows as a late payment on her credit report, maybe even a collection? I don't know. She did finally call and cancel the card and they refunded the AF, but it was a month overdue at that point. I swore before I would not help them with cc related things, and this is why. -_- Anyways, what is the chance that she'll be able to get the Chase IHG Premier in the future? Say, in 6 months or a year from now? If she does have a late payment on her report now, how sensitive is Chase on that? Does it stay on your report for 2 years or 7? UGH. Needless to say, in my whole entire family, we are the only ones responsible with money. I sometimes wonder if I was adopted, lol.

Glad you had a great trip to the 30A!

There's so many factors that can affect a credit score, that the only way to really know the effect is to have her check her score. One 30 day late isn't going to tank her score if everything else is good. I think we've all made mistakes like that, especially if it is a sock drawer card and you didn't think to put it on autopay. A google search says the IHG premier requires a score of at least 670+. Encourage her to be extra careful leading up to her next credit card application!

She needs to check her credit report, and then see if Barclay will remove the negative marks. But really one late payment isn't a big deal.

I'm not as experienced in this as you all are here, so bear with me.
Question: I went to the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer and there were two choices: Apply as Guest or Sign in to apply faster. Since I have a Chase card (but not Sapphire), I signed in. It took me to a page of various Chase card offers and the Sapphire 100k offer was showing but not clickable.

Does that mean the offer is no good for me and it will be a waste of a credit "hit" to try to go via the apply as guest option?
I would just apply as a guest.

I'm finally getting around to using the Goldbelly offer on DH's platinum and just wanted to confirm that orders from separate stores/companies will be bundled for the Amex credit if the purchase is at the same time. I seem to recall some early DPs on this when the offer first showed up. I'm planning to do a total of $300 in one transaction to get the $150 back, but each store itself might not be $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter