I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time next week I'll be in Orlando.

I spent the evening writing a list of my WDW must-dos which is basically all the things I want to eat. :D I want the orange bird smoothie souvenir cup from Flower and Garden.

So ready for a change of scenery.
I have that cup from our last trip, 2 years ago. I actually liked the smoothie even though I didn’t think I would. I had to have that cup. Orange bird is one of the things I remember from childhood.
For our upcoming trip in August, I am making dining res now. 2 days in a row up at 0455 and got nothing we want. I’m sure tomorrow will be the same because I’ll be looking for weekend reservations for Homecoming and House of Blues brunch. Good thing I gave Landry’s Club so Yak & Yeti is not a big deal.

I guess my best bet is to go for a no bonus bbp and get dh some sapphires right?
I’m not saying getting the BBP without the bonus is the right thing to do, but it’s what I plan to do. I’m in the same exact position. I’m going to cancel my Platinum and need a business card to park my MRs. However, I’m working on too many other lucrative bonuses, so I’m planning to just get the BBP without the spend bonus. Also might help continue to ward off the pop up. I guess what I’m trying to say is you’re not alone in your thinking.

Just received an email for this SW offer from Chase.
50x points per dollar up to $100 spent on Southwest purchases w/Southwest credit cards. 1 day only June 11th.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sout...-spent-on-southwest-purchases-6-11-100-spend/
I was planning to purchase airfare on June 10 so my plan is to buy $100 in EBCI on the 11th and get 5000 pts. Can also be used to purchase SW gift cards

Is Rapid Rewards Points Center where you buy points? It seems like you can also get the deal if you buy points.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*During the one-day promotional period of 6/11/2021 from 12:00:00 AM ET – 11:59 PM E.T., you will qualify and earn a total of 50 points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, on up to $100.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases").

50x points per dollar up to $100 spent on Southwest purchases w/Southwest credit cards. 1 day only June 11th.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sout...-spent-on-southwest-purchases-6-11-100-spend/
I was planning to purchase airfare on June 10 so my plan is to buy $100 in EBCI on the 11th and get 5000 pts. Can also be used to purchase SW gift cards

P2 received the same email. She is 9000 pts away from the companion pass, and these 5000 points will count so will definitely be taking advantage of that this Friday.

It’s not crystal clear to me whether the $100 spend cap for bonus points is total, or per card. I have a personal & a biz card, I wonder if I can get the bonus for $100 on each card.I wasn’t planning on buying EBCI for our upcoming trip, but might do so for the bonus points.

Is Rapid Rewards Points Center where you buy points? It seems like you can also get the deal if you buy points.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*During the one-day promotional period of 6/11/2021 from 12:00:00 AM ET – 11:59 PM E.T., you will qualify and earn a total of 50 points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, on up to $100.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases").
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can buy points with the offer

It’s not crystal clear to me whether the $100 spend cap for bonus points is total, or per card. I have a personal & a biz card, I wonder if I can get the bonus for $100 on each card.I wasn’t planning on buying EBCI for our upcoming trip, but might do so for the bonus points.
:scratchin this is a great question. It seems like it should be per card, but ????

Anyone seen an updates to this? I just want to move my biz ur's to my personal, and it appears I cannot do that either.

I transferred some this weekend but I already had the household card set up. Crossing fingers it stays that way.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this or if it's common knowledge, but according to amex, the 10x grocery points don't show up as you spend; they will show up as an extra 9x after your bill posts. There's a month lag. Since I'm hoping to buy Disney gift cards at 10x, I was going to start with a small amount and see if it pans out before I buy a lot. Not looking good for a late July trip.

On a rare occasion some people weren't set up for the automatic posting, in those cases they would get batches of points that was mostly monthly accumulation. For the vast majority, the 9x points posts a couple days after the charge. And they post into the MR balance immediately and not just listed as pending like the charge.

Unfortunately, many times random people on the internet know more than the front line phone reps. It's possible that the rep is accurate for some cases, but it's not the norm. All mine post with a date 1-2 days after the transaction date. Most of the time the 9x points are in my balance before the charge is even listed in the activity log.

Since there’s been quite a bit of Hawaii talk in this thread I thought I would share that we flew to Kauai on Sunday on Southwest and the pre-clear option is amazing. You show your safe travels QR code at the departing gate and they give you a wristband. When you get to Hawaii you skip the entire line and walk right out! I bet we saved about an hour since we were sitting in the back of the plane. Also - Kauai is so beautiful!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

I think you are better off purchasing $100 ticket or gift card than buying points.

Since there’s been quite a bit of Hawaii talk in this thread I thought I would share that we flew to Kauai on Sunday on Southwest and the pre-clear option is amazing. You show your safe travels QR code at the departing gate and they give you a wristband. When you get to Hawaii you skip the entire line and walk right out! I bet we saved about an hour since we were sitting in the back of the plane. Also - Kauai is so beautiful!
Are you staying at the Hyatt?

Amex popup question..... Ok now this may sound kind of dumb to some (or most) of you but I am wondering about the popups.... As I noted a while ago, I have dumb blue card that I somehow got to park a few MR on to use for special deals/amazon/whatever. I really want to transfer the few I have to a travel partner program, but I'm getting the popup with the most basic everyday card. (why,when it claims I'm preapproved for some of the 'bigger' cards?) anyway I was thinking about going thru with the app even with the popup just to have a place to park and use a few MR..... if I get the popup and proceed anyway,I get the card,just no bonus offer,right? Amex pretty much dislikes me anyway right now.....

How long does it usually take for AMEX payments to report to credit bureaus, and which credit bureaus does Chase usually pull? DH's employer paid off the card he uses for work purchases, but credit karma still shows the balance. I really want to jump on applying for a new chase biz card for him once that AMEX balance is gone.

If I add grandma as an AU on one of my ink biz cards, can we then transfer any Chase points she earns on the CSP to my Chase UR account? What is the easiest way to do this, since adding new household accounts became an issue?

if I get the popup and proceed anyway,I get the card,just no bonus offer,right? Amex pretty much dislikes me anyway right now.....
Yes, you should still be approved for the card. I’ve even seen people report on Reddit that getting a card without the SUB may have helped them get rid of the pop up on future applications.

Does Hyatt post the anniversary FNC with the statement or just random? Card opened 4/15/20, June statement closed and still not FNC.

I submitted a SM on Chase yesterday to close dh CSP that just had the fee come due. They just left a voicemail on my cell looking for him, saying they wanted to talk to him about an email they received. Any ideas what this might be? He doesn't want to talk. Think they will just close it if we don't call back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter