I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time SW CP questions:
1) Does my CP person need the card that they mailed to me at any time? What's the purpose?
2) I get the click and save emails but the deals are never even close to $59 when I check the surrounding airports. Where are all the good deals (besides loophole change time)?
3) Do the deals come out when they release the next wave of flights?
1--nope and who knows? something for bloggers to post?
2--deals totally depend for me and I check 2 airports, including one that has a huge SW presence (BWI) If I know we want to go somewhere I check each time there's a "sale" along with checking all my already-booked flights for adjustments
3--again, it depends. It seems like they have a "sale" every week or so, so check then (I follow on social media). Sometimes release day flight prices remain the lowest, other times the prices go down.

I buy a lot of the girl scout cookie dupes (Keebler makes them). So much cheaper (usually < $2/box) and the troop gets so little of the money when I do buy girl scout cookies.

I buy the Aldi's version - Benton's. I think they are $1.36. I also dislike the fundraising structure that girl scouts have. Older daughter was one in 3 different states while we were in military.

I can't not support the girls who ring my doorbell in the neighborhood so I usually buy a couple of boxes from each. Been living here too long!

But, the ones at Aldi's and the Keebler ones mentioned are too me just as delicious as Samoas.

I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds for a few years. Well I'm down 4 due to my work stress. I have never been through anything like what I'm dealing with now and my emotions are all over the place--sad, scared, anxious, overwhelmed.

Holding you in my thoughts and hoping for a good outcome. Hang on. I don't know how in your situation but you've put time and energy and maybe resources into this company and no one should have to feel like that.

Can’t book late December for Hilton Bonnet Creek. Trying to get a post Christmas Day trip in from 26-31 and this is the only Hilton that shows no availability. Nothing past December 20th thru January. So I am thinking it has not released the dates yet. And of course this is the place I want to stay. Waldorf next door and Disney Springs Hilton’s have availability. Any idea why? Was wondering if this is a hotel for New Years bowl games???? I want to use points now!
There is something funny going on with the Hilton Bonnet Creek award availability. I was looking at it last week, and there are only 2 stretches of 5 nights with standard room award availability between now and mid-December: Feb. 2 - Feb. 7, and Feb. 21 - Feb. 26. If I search for a night or 2, I find a few more scattered standard awards. Premium room awards drop as low as 57k a night sometimes, but you don't get the 5th night free.

However, it looks like you can only book the Hilton Bonnet Creek through mid-December right now, using cash or premium room rewards. Hopefully they will open reservations soon for your dates and fix the standard room award availability issues.

1--nope and who knows? something for bloggers to post?
2--deals totally depend for me and I check 2 airports, including one that has a huge SW presence (BWI) If I know we want to go somewhere I check each time there's a "sale" along with checking all my already-booked flights for adjustments
3--again, it depends. It seems like they have a "sale" every week or so, so check then (I follow on social media). Sometimes release day flight prices remain the lowest, other times the prices go down.
Thanks so much for the info! Really helps.

I buy the Aldi's version - Benton's. I think they are $1.36. I also dislike the fundraising structure that girl scouts have. Older daughter was one in 3 different states while we were in military.

I can't not support the girls who ring my doorbell in the neighborhood so I usually buy a couple of boxes from each. Been living here too long!

But, the ones at Aldi's and the Keebler ones mentioned are too me just as delicious as Samoas.
Great Value/Walmart makes a mean thin mint knockoff.

Well...who really is??? 🤣 Oh except for that dastardly @SouthFayetteFan2

Quoting this post so I don’t lose my place as I’m still trying to read every comment here.

Having a great trip! Today is our last DHS day and tomorrow we switch resorts. Got BG4 for RotR today 😃

If it wasn't for your involvement in the RotR thread I would be peacefully going on my way. But now I'm following the thread and know far more than I need to know about RotR and boarding groups.

That said, this info will come in handy for coaching other family members that will want to ride that probably don't even know the ride has opened. Everything has it's purpose.

I actually wish I could ride this one, but I suffer from motion sickness and it would probably be a disaster for me (and possibly the person sitting nearest to me).

I’m back with another stupid question, lol. How long does it take to get the physical card after applying? The approval page said 7-10 days. Hoping it comes sooner coz I just found out I have a big dental expense next week which will more than cover my initial spend requirement.

I decided against going for the SW companion pass... we’re only traveling once more this year & twice next year. It just isn’t enough to try to make the spends needed. I will probably have the flights purchased for our trip later this year before I get the pass anyway. So it would only cover 2 trips next year. But I did just apply for my own personal card and those points will be plenty to cover next year’s trips.

We are still working on the schedule as well. Have parking permit for Haleakala all set but might get another day in case weather looks bad. Plan to do the road to Hana and also spend part of a day upcountry Maui. I didn't know about Iao Valley, that looks like a nice hiking location. Paddle boarding and perhaps surfing lessons for my 13 year old. Snorkling out at Molokini. I just want it to be a memorable trip for him and my wife.

We looked at Mama's Fish house but ooof man it's a pretty penny. The menu looks awesome though. We'll probably hit diners at Kehei for some cheaper options.
don't discount the snorkeling right in front of the hotels also..... I swear my fam was SOOO lazy while we were there.... but one ds did rent snorkel gear from the store in the mall right above hotels, he spent the week exploring the rocks around the hotel,from in front of GW and then right over past Wailea Beach resort.... he took so many cool creature pics! I spent the week swimming with the turtles right on "our" sandy beach to the right of the WBR.... probably contributed to our laziness and lack of going anywhere else lol..(I wish I had done the Hana road now...and Halakeala was great, but no one was getting up for the sunrise thing,so we just did mid day) All this to say I know there are lots of tours and things,but also lots to see right there on that (perfect magical) stretch of beaches too....

Are there any large family rentals through the UR portal near wdw that people recommend? I was looking at Wyndham bonnet creek but I can’t find any availability for their 3 bedroom suite in September. I’m looking at something for my traveling party of 13. I know UR lists homes now — but those always say sold out. Is there a way to use those that I’m currently failing at?

Are there any large family rentals through the UR portal near wdw that people recommend? I was looking at Wyndham bonnet creek but I can’t find any availability for their 3 bedroom suite in September. I’m looking at something for my traveling party of 13. I know UR lists homes now — but those always say sold out. Is there a way to use those that I’m currently failing at?

some of the Marriott Vacation clubs have 3 br units...lakeshore reserve and imperial palms are two I know of...there may be others
Would renting a 2br along with a studio or 1 br work for your group at Bonnet Creek?

Welp, Aerosmith announced a 50th anniversary celebration show at Fenway Park, Boston and the ticket presale just stated and I got two seats. So I'm going to Boston, an unplanned trip.

Does anyone know when Southwest will open their next round of dates? I need this trip to be as cheap as possible.

Umm... have I been Amexed, Bonvoyed, or both? All of my points except for what I've earned since Jan 1 are gone??? When I go to Membership Rewards Home it says "we're sorry but your card is currently not eligible for the Membership Rewards program" and there's no way to check my points balance. If I go to the points summary page there's just nothing there... it doesn't say zero points but rather it's just nothing. Only says last login Jan 26, 2020.

Umm... have I been Amexed, Bonvoyed, or both? All of my points except for what I've earned since Jan 1 are gone??? When I go to Membership Rewards Home it says "we're sorry but your card is currently not eligible for the Membership Rewards program" and there's no way to check my points balance. If I go to the points summary page there's just nothing there... it doesn't say zero points but rather it's just nothing. Only says last login Jan 26, 2020.
I just got a message saying that the info was temporarily not available.

Any Hyatt experts on here?

The Hyatt House we want to stay at only offers rooms that sleep 3 on award nights. Any way to get the larger rooms using Hyatt points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter