I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help too much, but my legit DD comes in as "DES: PAYROLL" so I'm not sure the "ACH-WEB" would be included in the triggering. Also the transaction category is "Income: Paychecks/Salary" but I'm guessing that's keyed off that DES: field in the description.
Since Serve seems to work, how that codes might be an indication but not a guarantee that anything else that codes that way works. @platamama , what did serve look like?

Unfortunately in this case, it looks like BoA gives a 2 month grace period before they start charging the monthly fee, so probably not advisable to wait and see if it waives the monthly charge either. Typically BoA pays the bonus out within a couple weeks of meeting the requirements so you could try to hold out and see if you get paid first, but I second @gottalovepluto and work on changing payroll just in case.
For reference:

Couple other DP's around the same time that bonus still posting within a couple weeks of requirements met.
Thanks. I’ll work on getting my payroll
I've been pretty busy over the past few days, but I've been monitoring this situation that doesn’t look good and I don't think it's been discussed here in the thread:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/gyft-no-longer-coding-as-5x-on-chase-ink-preferred-datapoints-wanted/
MtM (DoC's source for the above post) has confirmed Gyft no longer earns 3x UR with the Chase Ink Preferred, 5x UR with the Chase Ink Cash/Plus.
https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/gyft-no-longer-earns-5x-with-chase-ink/
Seems to have happened either 7/30 or 7/31.

I guess this doesn't come as much of a surprise, after the death of 3x and/or 5x on Swych, Cashstar, PPDG, GCM, GC .com, GiftCardMart, not to mention Plastiq, Venmo, Points .com... the list goes on. It was only a matter of time.

There's still office supply stores for 5x UR on gift cards with the CIC/Ink+, but apps and online marketplaces certainly made things convenient.

Pouring one out for Gyft. 🍺:sad1:
Thanks! I frequently used it. So it looks like I’ll need to go to Staples or the grocery store more frequently for my GC. Gyft was so much easier :headache:

It's been a rough couple weeks for me. We had a family reunion and my Mom passed away suddenly surrounded by her family. We were sitting around the campfire listening/singing one minute, she started making a coughing sound, I went over to her, watched her take a few breaths, told her I loved her, and that was it. No pulse, eyes were fixed and dilated, and I had to tell everyone she was gone. It wasn't a total shock, my Mom has had over 10 heart attacks and strokes starting at the age of 47. Her last stroke was almost 5 years ago, and it has been a struggle. Deep down I knew the next one was only a matter of time. Although she tried to keep a good attitude she has been praying for God to take her to heaven for a long time. Even though she never officially became a DNR, she said she would never have the strength to go through another stroke. So even though I knew it was best for her it was not easy to look at my step dad and say just let her go.

But I have much to be thankful for. She is now at peace and is reunited with my brother who passed away at 17. I counted up 8 Disney trips we've been able to take with her, including the first one 6 weeks after a ruptured aneurysm, a condition that many don't survive. I'm thankful for this community, it's been nice to read here and take my mind off things. The weird thing is we planned this family reunion so that the next time we got together it wouldn't be for a funeral. We were more thinking of my 95 year old grandma, but God had other plans. Here's one of my favorite pictures. Our first Disney trip after that ruptured aneurysm.
I am so sorry for your loss.

In my experience TopCashBack can take a while for the funds to be available, but when they are it is super easy to request a payout. Also, make sure that your purchase tracks because there have been several times that mine haven't and I've had to open a ticket.
How do you prove that your purchase didn't track? Is there a log of your transactions? I am so new to this.
To add, there is no minimum to cash out, it's purely waiting for the funds to go from pending to available. I've had pretty good luck with them overall... I've never had anything not track, but occasionally I go through and will message them about ones that haven't gone to pending yet and are past their estimated timeframe. Typically they get pushed through within a few days then. Actually should do that today :)
Awesome to have no minimum to cash out! (looking at you, Dosh :headache:)
I like TopCashBack and I'll agree with the other comments that it does take a while (8-12 weeks) for the cash to go from pending to available. What I really like about TCB is the ability to pick and choose which cash back (from which purchase) you want to receive, and if you want Paypal or direct deposit into a bank account. I've used it as a dd for bank bonuses in the past.
Oh nice! Thanks :)
Dell sells the Switch. Dell often goes 10% back or more on the shopping portals, or price matches. The Biz Plat has a semi-annual $100 Dell credit. There’s also that Amex Offer for 10% back at Dell. You also wanted Centurion and Escape Lounge access... 🤔
I know :sad: but I don't think I could handle a 10k MSR at this time. Maybe when we have to order the batteries for our solar system? <goes to check if the electricians take amex> And gosh, I don't know about calling in with my piddly tutoring biz.

In happier news I got our October Royal Caribbean cruise booked. I had been waiting to see if the price would go down, but decided the heck with it and just book it. My Mom was frugal her entire life, but after her last stroke she was very fond of saying, "It's only money!" Or in this case it's only points! So the UR stash took a 161,000 hit, but thanks to all of you I still have 222,000 in there. Should take about 35K more for two nights before the cruise and car rental, so almost all of this vacation will be thanks to points I have earned in the past 13 months :-)

It's been a rough couple weeks for me. We had a family reunion and my Mom passed away suddenly surrounded by her family. We were sitting around the campfire listening/singing one minute, she started making a coughing sound, I went over to her, watched her take a few breaths, told her I loved her, and that was it. No pulse, eyes were fixed and dilated, and I had to tell everyone she was gone. It wasn't a total shock, my Mom has had over 10 heart attacks and strokes starting at the age of 47. Her last stroke was almost 5 years ago, and it has been a struggle. Deep down I knew the next one was only a matter of time. Although she tried to keep a good attitude she has been praying for God to take her to heaven for a long time. Even though she never officially became a DNR, she said she would never have the strength to go through another stroke. So even though I knew it was best for her it was not easy to look at my step dad and say just let her go.

But I have much to be thankful for. She is now at peace and is reunited with my brother who passed away at 17. I counted up 8 Disney trips we've been able to take with her, including the first one 6 weeks after a ruptured aneurysm, a condition that many don't survive. I'm thankful for this community, it's been nice to read here and take my mind off things. The weird thing is we planned this family reunion so that the next time we got together it wouldn't be for a funeral. We were more thinking of my 95 year old grandma, but God had other plans. Here's one of my favorite pictures. Our first Disney trip after that ruptured aneurysm.
I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

It's so very difficult to see a parent with health issues struggling. You know it will happen eventually yet you feel almost guilty for wanting them to no longer be in pain.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She would have been 77 this year. She died almost 10 years ago after a horrible year with ovarian cancer. My dad and her older sister were with her. I had just left to pick up my kids at school.

@alryan - So glad you were there to share that last 'I love you'. Sounds like she would have known she was loved and surrounded by her family. My condolences to you all.

It's definitely not there right now. They may be adjusting something. Their you tube channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC007X6kCgzr0NdSErd0Q5Tg
I saw it early this morning and I might add this would be younger daughter's dream trip! She is in the same age group!
Yeah sorry Dh wants to fix some of the audio. He’s so picky about it. It’ll be up later today. It might have a new link so if it does I’ll share it again. Japan was the best place I’ve ever been to (granted I haven’t been a ton of places)

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad she was surrounded by her loved ones.

Just came to update everyone with my CP fail. I've been checking every 30 minutes for the last 48 hours and this morning 4 seats opened up on the flight I need. Now I can be excited about my trip in 3 days!!!

Book your CP ASAP, I was holding off because I was hoping our return flight would drop in price but it never did. Also, I always book the 2 legs separate but because I booked it on releases day I was feeling rushed and booked it as one trip. Live and learn.
Glad it worked out for you! I’m hoping to get my CP status soon. I already have our flights booked for November, but as soon as I get the CP I am going to cancel my DH s flight and book him as my companion.

No need to be sorry! I understand. I made a video of our N/I/S cruise last summer and there are 4 versions since I kept going back in and improving it. ;)
It makes me mad because we have to restart all of our views and comments.

I am so sorry for your loss!

Omg I just read that the Nintendo switch is region free so I can play Japanese games!!!! Dh already said we’re buying one on Black Friday lol

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Mom....sending :grouphug:

In happier news I got our October Royal Caribbean cruise booked. I had been waiting to see if the price would go down, but decided the heck with it and just book it. My Mom was frugal her entire life, but after her last stroke she was very fond of saying, "It's only money!" Or in this case it's only points! So the UR stash took a 161,000 hit, but thanks to all of you I still have 222,000 in there. Should take about 35K more for two nights before the cruise and car rental, so almost all of this vacation will be thanks to points I have earned in the past 13 months :-)
That’s great that you got your cruise booked. My mom says the same thing.
I am very sorry for you loss.

I have a question,
I opened the Southwest business card, the one that earns your 80,000 points after minimum spend. I made the minimum spend on July 22, I was wondering if anyone knows when my points will post to my Southwest account? Also, I believe I also need to earn 110,000 points in the same calendar year to earn the companion pass is that correct? We don’t fly often but will probably fly this November. Thanks!

I have a question,
I opened the Southwest business card, the one that earns your 80,000 points after minimum spend. I made the minimum spend on July 22, I was wondering if anyone knows when my points will post to my Southwest account? Also, I believe I also need to earn 110,000 points in the same calendar year to earn the companion pass is that correct? We don’t fly often but will probably fly this November. Thanks!
They will post within a few days of when your statement closes where you hit the spend (sometimes if the transaction that puts you over the spend is too close to statement close, it may not catch it and it will be the following statement).
you are correct that you need to earn the 110k points in the same calendar year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter