I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohyeah, sign me up please. Finally got around to making a reddit account. Same user name. :)
So you still can't PM - gotta get you to 10 messages, LOL!!! But I'll post your welcome message right here:

Welcome to DISchurners!

You're approved and all set! Access the main page here.

You may find our thread DISchurners - Walt Disney World Tips! to be pretty interesting!

This is a thread we have that is helpful: DISchurners - NEWS Thread! Especially if you can't keep up with all the comments!

As a reminder most of the discussion does happen here on the boards. On r/DISchurners you can post your own support links and/or use others' support links here:
And of course there's other info there too including some of our best tips from the thread that you might want to explore! Welcome, thanks for joining!

If there's anything I can do to help you (especially if you're just starting out churning), please let me know!

Who did you work for, and what did they do?!

Or is this one of those if you tell me, they'll send someone to kill you and me sort of things?
So uhhh - who else read this and thought about this:

XtHQKml.gif

I also abandoned by maiden name. It was a long Polish name with only one vowel. Hard for people to spell. DH has a nice, easy name. That was my only motivation to change it. I was a bit established in my maiden name but it was better in the long run to change it. And DH was very impressed when my new last name (his) appeared on the side of the building I worked in. :rotfl2:
I also had a long Polish last name...no one ever got the spelling right...so took my DHs last name...

What was the call like??
I did it last year and it was pretty simple. They just asked questions about type of business, years in business, revenue, basically the questions you'd fill out online but also describing the business. If I could do it, anyone can!

Same here. The person I called was very nice and friendly. Like chatting, not like calling recon. If you have a "business", just have your story in mind, it should be fine. :)

Those of you who had your CIPs expedited, how long did it take to receive them? I sent the SM early this am and received the response almost right away.

SM'd Friday, received Tuesday. Would have been faster if not for the weekend.

As I'm struggling to figure out what to do with the Amex cards with AFs that are coming up, I just learned that apparently Massachusetts residents can get a prorated annual fee back at any point?

https://www.asksebby.com/blog/american-express-annual-fee-rules
This could definitely change what I'm thinking, I'm still just not sure what is the best way to handle the Amex pop-up!

That's right! I think I've actually read that link before. AskSebby may be a shill, but he has some good original material.

As for DH's pop up, I'm still thinking the easiest way might be to throw $1k or maybe even $2k in VGC/MCGC on the Amex Hilton to see if it won't get rid of the pop up. If you get the Metabank-issued MCGCs from a supermarket, they're still liquidating with only a 1% fee via Plastiq; or you can ask @vanjust14, @MrPTato, and @Natgridenergy about liquidating via MS in the greater NE area. If you want to go wild on the Hilton Biz, you can earn a Free Weekend Night cert by spending $15k on it in a calendar year. That should make Amex happy again.

I'm not sure how long you plan to stay on Maui, but if it's for more than a few days you could always do a split stay. It's a nice drive between the two and they are on different parts of the island. It's something I've considered trying if we go back. I have a friend who was at the GWR when we were, but split her week between our hotel and the 4S next door so they actually just walked their luggage over. And this was with little kids. It was fun to hear her comparing the two.
We are doing 3 days at the Hyatt Regency Maui and the Grand Wailea. I didn't have the Hilton points for a 6 night stay and I couldn't find availability during March spring break period. It will be good to see 2 different parts of the island.

What was the call like??
I did it last year and it was pretty simple. They just asked questions about type of business, years in business, revenue, basically the questions you'd fill out online but also describing the business. If I could do it, anyone can!
Same here. The person I called was very nice and friendly. Like chatting, not like calling recon. If you have a "business", just have your story in mind, it should be fine. :)

I'll echo the sentiment about it being pretty simple and friendly. I have a "business."

For people who have Wells Fargo accounts, or are doing bank bonuses with then, another report of a WF shutdown for not, I don't know, using their checking account profitably?

There had been a report before of someone getting shutdown because all they did was automatic transfers in and out of it. WF basically said there was no human interaction so they shut it down. This one sounds like a similar concept, except it was being used to pay bills - just not through their bill pay service. This is totally asinine as this is exactly what I do with my main checking account except for my utilities. I do use their bill pay service because I didn't feel like setting up online accounts with the utilities before but otherwise I haven't used the ATM in forever and have never used their debit card as a debit card. 98% of all my transactions in a checking account are money automatically deposited in and then automatically being pulled out to pay bills.

This hit home for me because that's how I intended to keep the WF account going. I have my mortgage through WF so I planned to switch the mortgage payment to the WF checking and then it'd be 2 transfers into the account each month and 1 bill pay out. Thought they'd appreciate that. Guess if I want to still keep it I'll have to throw in a debit/ATM transaction every so often.

All of the name change talk reminds me... did I tell you about Aunt getting her new passport for the trip?

She went with my ILs and they all did them together. ILs have never had passports, but aunt had her old expired one. But it was in her old married name so she needed her divorce papers as proof of the name change. Apparently she pulled them out for this purpose and had forgotten she had written herself a note across the top:

THANK GOD THE (7 letter not nice name for a guy)'S GONE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
All of the name change talk reminds me... did I tell you about Aunt getting her new passport for the trip?

She went with my ILs and they all did them together. ILs have never had passports, but aunt had her old expired one. But it was in her old married name so she needed her divorce papers as proof of the name change. Apparently she pulled them out for this purpose and had forgotten she had written herself a note across the top:

THANK GOD THE (6 letter not nice name for a guy)'S GONE!!!!!!!!!
I get that! :)

My maiden name is such a common maiden name, that when my mom remarried she didn't have to change anything since her new husband had the same last name.

I took DH's last name when we married (we married young and before I had any established career) and took my maiden as my middle name, but abhor being addressed as Mrs. platamama since that is MIL. DD has DH's surname, which is especially helpful because while she looks like my child, she definitely does not look like his (though I swear she is haha). We get the "are you all together" question in public places all the time.

Recently, I bought Marriott gift cards at the various brands when Amex had the offers, and when I asked, was told I could used DH's card without him present because the last name was the same. 🤷‍♀️It doesn't come into play at all with chip terminals, but the Marriott hotels always seem lost and confused about how to handle their gift card sales and want to look at the credit card being used. (In fact, DH ended up getting a free $300 gift card from one because they thought they did it right, and it was active, but the charge never showed up on his statement.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter