I KNEW IT!!!! Delta does it to me too!

That stinks! I know you waffled back and forth, and we talked about this in another thread.

So far they haven't changed our itinerary. Still out at 6:50 on the 16th. I wonder why they'd change the Saturday flight only. That's messed up. I'd definitely call them to see if you can get more info.

They've changed the early morning flight out of BDL from 6:50 to 8:30 every Saturday on Sept, at least on the 12th, 19th & 26th. I e-mailed them with questions & I'll let you know what they say. I know its only an hr & 40 min and at least its still non-stop but I'm still bummed!! Of course DD is happy for the extra sleep that morning!! Perspective - perspective - perspective;)

They've changed the early morning flight out of BDL from 6:50 to 8:30 every Saturday on Sept, at least on the 12th, 19th & 26th. I e-mailed them with questions & I'll let you know what they say. I know its only an hr & 40 min and at least its still non-stop but I'm still bummed!! Of course DD is happy for the extra sleep that morning!! Perspective - perspective - perspective;)

The pilots want to sleep in??

Weird.

I'd suspect it was something to do with one of the later evening flights into BDL on Friday's....meaning maybe the plane isn't on the ground and waiting like it is the other 6 days a week...but honestly, what differences could there possibly be in that ONE 24 hour period??

As for the hour and 40 minute delay...it's the difference between finding lunch IN a park, and not, IMHO. Arriving at 9:40, if everything works out in your favor, you might actually be standing in a park by noon-ish. That's an extra hour and 40 minutes with Mickey, for crimey's sake.

Weird.

I'd suspect it was something to do with one of the later evening flights into BDL on Friday's....meaning maybe the plane isn't on the ground and waiting like it is the other 6 days a week...but honestly, what differences could there possibly be in that ONE 24 hour period??

As for the hour and 40 minute delay...it's the difference between finding lunch IN a park, and not, IMHO. Arriving at 9:40, if everything works out in your favor, you might actually be standing in a park by noon-ish. That's an extra hour and 40 minutes with Mickey, for crimey's sake.

I had Sat planned for Epcot arrival by 1PM. SSE then the Land for Soarin' FPs & a check on the Behind the Seeds tour. Then lunch at F & WF, back to the Land for FP & either the tour or TT. Monorail to Contemp for 6:50 TS @ the Wave & then walk to MK for a couple of hrs. Now I think F & WF will have to wait. We'll probably just grab something quick at the Pop food court & try to get the Future World stuff in before 6PM. Hoping to be @ Epcot by 2:30-3-ish now.

In general, there are less flights available on weekends. Not too many business people are going to be taking a Saturday morning flight out.

pilferk said:

Weird.
I'm guessing that reference was made in a PM, or it's something the quoted poster subsequently edited out of the post?

Some possible explanations for the change: departure slots at/by the airport; flight crew scheduling (not that they want to sleep in, but that the crew can (a) only fly a certain number of hours per day or (b) may be coming from another flight or (c) a combination/variation); the plane being used for the 6:50 flight leaves its origination later than on other days, i.e. plane scheduling/routing.

I'm guessing that reference was made in a PM, or it's something the quoted poster subsequently edited out of the post?

Some possible explanations for the change: departure slots at/by the airport; flight crew scheduling (not that they want to sleep in, but that the crew can (a) only fly a certain number of hours per day or (b) may be coming from another flight or (c) a combination/variation); the plane being used for the 6:50 flight leaves its origination later than on other days, i.e. plane scheduling/routing.

Meaning...

it was meant as a joke. That "The pilots want to sleep in" would be Delta's response to pooch's email to them wondering why the flight time changes.

And then, that it was weird that they've changed ONLY the flight time for Saturday, and not the other 6 mornings of the week (at least not yet).

Meaning...

it was meant as a joke. That "The pilots want to sleep in" would be Delta's response to pooch's email to them wondering why the flight time changes.

And then, that it was weird that they've changed ONLY the flight time for Saturday, and not the other 6 mornings of the week (at least not yet).

who's humor seems to be missed by many on these boards. Must be a Connecticut thing!!!!! :confused3

I don't know, and I'd be curious to hear from someone who works for Delta, but I suspect they don't have a large inventory of backup planes.

For example: when Continental has a plane with a mechanical problem, it's usually a delay of an hour or two or three. You get another plane, eventually, and you go. When Delta has a plane with a mechanical problem, your flight is cancelled and you have to find a seat on another flight or wait a day or two for the flight.

The constant juggling of flights seems to indicate that the timetables aren't stable and that Delta is juggling to fly only when planes are completely full and to cover routes with fewer planes. :confused3

IDK, it just seems. . .well.

Hmm. I think I'll read their SEC filings tomorrow. I'm curious how they're doing. Of course, since they did the merger with Northworst, that'll muddy the waters a bit. Still.

Happens all the time--we're simply hostages to the Airlines. I'm booked on Airtran for October--and a little bird is telling me that in short order, our flights will be changed as well.

Ours looks to have changed, too, now...though I can't confirm because Delta's site is unavailable to get detail on itineraries.

However, when I look...I see a "new" Nonstop out of Delta at 8:30 and new flight numbers for both the outbound and return.

When I check by skymiles, I see that we're on the same flight NUMBER, with the same departure time...but the arrival time is now listed as 11:17.

GRRRRRRRRR.

Edit: Confirmed, FYI. Our flights have changed to 8:30AM out and 5:20PM back. Not optimum, but we can deal. Changes our lunch plans on day of arrival (probably grab a quick bite at the airport to eat on the bus ride to AKL, rather than eating at Raglan Road)..but what can you do.

Ours looks to have changed, too, now...though I can't confirm because Delta's site is unavailable to get detail on itineraries.

However, when I look...I see a "new" Nonstop out of Delta at 8:30 and new flight numbers for both the outbound and return.

When I check by skymiles, I see that we're on the same flight NUMBER, with the same departure time...but the arrival time is now listed as 11:17.

GRRRRRRRRR.

Edit: Confirmed, FYI. Our flights have changed to 8:30AM out and 5:20PM back. Not optimum, but we can deal. Changes our lunch plans on day of arrival (probably grab a quick bite at the airport to eat on the bus ride to AKL, rather than eating at Raglan Road)..but what can you do.

I was just able to log in and check our itinerary for October; our 6:50 flight is still showing. We stay at BCV and book lunch at Epcot on check-in day so I'm now not sure what ressie time to choose when my window opens shortly...I wonder if the October flights are changing and when those changes will show up online.

I called and complained 2 years ago to Delta -- they explained that because we booked our flights early, they later have to change it when some governing agency tells them how many flights can go out daily during that time period....
BTW, the reason I had to call and complain was because my brother-in-law dropped us off at the airport, waved (a tearful) goodbye, and we then walked in and found out our flight back had been canceled...."lets see when we can get you on another flight..."

GRRRRRRRRR.

I was just able to log in and check our itinerary for October; our 6:50 flight is still showing. We stay at BCV and book lunch at Epcot on check-in day so I'm now not sure what ressie time to choose when my window opens shortly...I wonder if the October flights are changing and when those changes will show up online.

perhaps the 6:50am from BDL that has been the standard will now be an 8:30. I do like the idea of having lunch on the bus to save time once we get to WDW, have to run that one by DD. But, as you said, its not a huge change, got a terrific price & its still a nonstop to WDW!!! I did get a very standard "sorry but these things happen" e-mail & I called & confirmed that there isn't an earlier nonstop, made sure we still had the same seats. I guess I'm good, at least until the next change!! Oh and she said I should have received notification by phone(?) but there was no indication on my ressie that this had happened, couldn't tell me why they didn't just send an e-mail. Promised I'd get notified if it happened again (please God, NOOOO).:scared1:

We always took the early AM (6:00 ish) N/S from STL to MCO that AA offered. They have now discontinued the early - early N/S and have been pushing back the time for their AM N/S. I have taken Flight #1618 at 8:00 a.m., 8:45 a.m. and it is now scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on 1/1/10.

We always liked to be up and into MCO early, but even the 9:00 a.m. N/S gets me in earlier than the 6:05 AM with connections.

Like the others said, we all just have to grin and bear it.

OP - you have my sympathy. ;)

I have been checking our itineraries every day and thankfully after one change (that we thankfully got changed back) our non-stops are still at the original times (6:50 to MCO and 5:30 return). Hopefully there will be no changes now since we are just over 3 weeks out.

I have been checking our itineraries every day and thankfully after one change (that we thankfully got changed back) our non-stops are still at the original times (6:50 to MCO and 5:30 return). Hopefully there will be no changes now since we are just over 3 weeks out.

Like I'm such a big expert!!! But it looks like the changes are happening after Labor Day. If you leave earlier than that, my guess is you're ok. Have a safe trip!!!

pilferk said:
Changes our lunch plans on day of arrival (probably grab a quick bite at the airport to eat on the bus ride to AKL
pooch said:
I do like the idea of having lunch on the bus to save time once
Please - no lunch on the bus!!!!!! No food on the bus. If you need to eat between the plane and DME, please stop somewhere in the terminal and eat.

They just changed mine again - leaving a 1/2 hour later, arriving 1 hour later (December 5). Actually it might be good because we originally had only a 40 minute connection in ATL, now it's 1 hour, 7 min. Plus our PIT-ATL flight was a CRJ, now it's a MD-88, which I'm glad about. I've never used Delta for vacation travel, I can see how this is maddening. I've used them for business travel but rarely booked more than a month out.

NWA cancelled our return flight last week and automatically put us on a new flight that connects in Detroit 1 hr after the connecting flight has left. Nice.
I got on the phone asap and got everything straightened out. We now leave 2 hrs later and get home 2 hrs later so everything worked out so far. I'm not happy about a 35 minute connection at CVG, but they said it's still a legal connection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter