I have a sports idea to bring ice hockey to the Middle East/Africa....

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
I have a sports idea to bring ice hockey to the Middle East/Africa....

So, after watching the NY Rangers match tonight (what a win in overtime 😁), I was thinking how the joy of ice hockey 🏒 could be spread to places where it is non existent. The NHL is looking for ways for more exposure internationally with players wanting more international games. Since most ice hockey teams are European and North American based, both continents could have their professional team owners invest in the richer Middle Eastern/African countries by creating minor leagues and academies for both men and women. The sport would gain traction for two reasons. First, the sport is popular for both men and women which will help activists promote more equality among both genders in society. Second, it will help citizens have more opportunities to pursue a sport that would in the beginning have little competition to move up in the ranks of a minor league system. If this would work, within a decade the NFL and European leagues would have more talent to draw from and maybe colleges as well (because of an academy system). National team competition could become popular and the World Cup of Hockey and Olympic ice hockey could finally become more globalized and even more competitive. Indoor ice rinks would be a massive expense but I believe it would be highly worth it for the local communities both for economic and recreational opportunities. Sport brings people together and there is no reason why ice hockey cannot be as popular with proper investment in the Middle East and Africa just as much as soccer is. If Florida and North Carolina can embrace ice hockey, I believe other hot climate areas will as well. If an NHL owner happens to look at this post, I hope you bring up this idea up as a possibility for the future at the next board meeting. Thoughts? 😊

Last edited:
I said the rich countries and the billionaire owners to pay and invest in them.
You seem to have no problems spending other people's money.
How about the billionaire owners pay for their own arenas/stadiums and not have local citizens do so?
How about the billionaire owners pay the non-athlete employers that support their team (equipment folks, trainers, security, caterers, cleaners, PR, video, etc) more?

Exactly, do you know what it takes to learn and maintain hockey and skating in a country? It's not cheap. Hockey skates, equipment etc is expensive.

I think it's a bad idea. A much more accessible and lucrative option would be to pursue more football/soccer in those areas instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter