I have 500 points, and that is just right!

I'm content with the 375 points I own (250 BWV and 125 BCV). Not even tempted to add on more points. :eek: I've spent all I care to spend buying points, and higher dues would not be welcome either.

I've been able to use the points for different length trips (usually 5-8 nights) a couple times a year in anything from a studio to a 2 BR. That's just the right scenario, since I also like to travel other places.

Now, if someone GAVE me more points, I doubt I'd turn them down!! I'm sure I'd find the money for the dues somewhere... ;) In the meantime, I'm feeling fortunate to have the points I have. :D

We have enough points to cover our trips.... 2 family trips to WDW(1 2 bed, 1 stuido), 1 girls trip to WDW (1bed), 1 family trip to HHI(1 2bed), 1 golfing trip for my DH and his buddies(2bed, studio)

We are in a constant state of borrowing, even with 1000 points, so I guess we could use more, but the MF are holding us back. AND once our kids are older, we wont be bringing friends along to help us, and will prolly sell a contract or two. (ha)

We started with 250 OKW and added resale of another 100 at OKW. We added another 100 because we were always taking somebody with us for a week, thereby needing a 2 BR.

I agree that weekends are so expensive points wise. We've discovered, (talking to other-more experiened DVC'rs on the buses to the parks) that if you stay on-site Sun-Thurs nights and check out and do something else in the area (Universal, Sea World, etc.) for Friday/Saturday nights, you get a lot more usage of your points. My family doesn't mind switching for the weekend, because it usually means a longer vacations at Disney!

This summer we plan on staying in a 2BR at the BCV Sun/Thurs and then pay cash at AKL Concierge to do the Sunrise Safari. We'll then check in again on Sunday in a studio at SSR with Friday checkout. This doesn't quite use up our points!:Pinkbounc

I am thinking about adding on another 50 points, though to make it an even 400. Not sure DH will go for it though.;)

We've had 190 since 1993 and it's been perfect for us.

We have 232 points which works out to be a great vacation - ever other year. We'll probably look to do an add on once our little one is out of daycare.

The 232 was an odd amount. That gave us a 2-br at OKW in value season every year and it worked out that the monthly payment/mfs equalled the child support we receive from DH's ex. We may not need the money to support her children but she can pay for our vacations for the next 41 years!

::yes::

We have 225 at VWL and 85 at BWV. Dh *swears* the only way we'll add on is if the forever-rumored Contemporary DVC ever really happens. ;)

We also have 500 points.

300 at OKW, 100 at VWL and 100 at BCV. They are enough to go twice a year for about a week. Just perfect for us and I doubt we will purchase any more.

We purchased an OKW resale 2 years ago with 300 points. Less than a year later we added on @ SSR 100 points.

The OKW points were $66 per point including fees (I believe).
The SSR points were $79 per point.

The points are becoming too expensive for our blood and I believe the 400 will suit us just fine!

There are only 3 of us, but the studio just seems too small! We usually book 1-2 bedroom accomidations and have been getting about 2-3 vacation weeks per year.

With the price of points skyrocketing I'm thinking I have as many points as I am comfortable owning. IF the right resale came along though I would consider purchasing 110 more points. Currently we have 210 WLV and 100 BCV so 310 total. 110 or so at OKW would be fabulous and allow me to do all I desire every year. Right now with 2 kids the 2BR would be great for the entire vacation, but in a few years when they are grown I don't think I'll need that kind of space.

We are at 550 and I guess holding....2 original contracts at SSR with 150 points each, and a recent resale at my true love of BCV for 250 points. We will sell one of the 150 point contracts at SSR once the prices stabilize at bit (don't want to take a loss!), so until then, we just have to "manage" with the 550 points, ah well, it could be worse ;) but eventually, 400 would be just about right!

I started this thread saying that I was satisfied with my 500 points and didn't want a single point more. I have since bought 50 more OKW points so we could stay longer in our grand villa in January, 2007. That purchase gave us 150 more points that could be used for the eleven month window. :rolleyes1

I have 916 points, I think, and that has always been about right, since we always vacationed at Easter, Christmas, and 4th of July. Now that I retired, I can travel whenever I want to, so I am selling 150 pts to my DD. That should bring us down to a more managable amount. We also have 3 Marriott contracts now, so we can have lots of nice vacations. No vacation houses in Florida for us--we are keeping our stuff portable, just in case Florida has hurricanes. :rotfl:

We were in much better shape before we discovered how much we liked the one bedrooms over the studios. We have 500 points, and I think that's enough, BUT...our recent purchases (200 BWV and 150 OKW) both had a full year of banked points when we got them. So, we actually had an overload of points for about a year...although not as many as I thought we would!! The next couple years will be telling.

If a new, well placed DVC location is announced, we might sell our 150 HH points and pick up a 200 pt contract. Then we'd be set (I think). :woohoo:

we have 250 at BWV but would like at least 100/150 more and then stop.

We have 225 at VWL. We are very happy with that number and have no desire to add on. It is just the 2 of us. And we have been able to book larger villas to accomodate guests so that they would all have a bed.

We pretty much always stay in a 1 br and we usually do not stay on the weekend. We are the rare ones that actually enjoy moving to another resort.

We have 310. We started with 150 and did two add-ons for 75 and 85 points at BWV. That work for us because we only need a 2BR if we have company (family of 4) and we're able to go any time of year we want since we homeschool. We usually stay for about 10-14 nights in a 1BR - sometimes staying on the weekend and sometimes traveling elsewhere. We do also use our points occasionally for relatives for a few nights. I've never had to borrow points - I usually bank anywhere from a few points to about 40 points each year.

We're pretty happy with where we are point-wise. I'm pretty sure this is it for us for a long time.

darner said:
150 pts. at BWV has been an appropriate amount for us for the past 5 years... sure it'd be nice to have about 200, but it's not worth with the extra cost associated with it...

since 150 has allowed us to go to WDW about every other year with good banking / borrowing activity as well as other trips in between (we've done DL on pts 2x and a CC stay).

Also, the lower points amount has allowed us to do totally non-DVC pt. vacations w/o feeling like we HAVE TO do Disney...
I agree, we also have 150 points and have been doing very well with them. We get our Disney fix once a year and have learned how to move points around to make the most of our trips. With a 4 and 7 year old we will have to stay 150 points for a little while. There are 14 people going to WVL in Nov./Dec. for a big family trip. It's how you use your points that counts. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We have 210 points at BCV but since this our first year I'm not really sure it is just right or not enough. We cannot spend a full week there as we see my elderly mother who really wants to see her grandchild (forget the rest of us) for a few days and would really lay on the guilt (I don't know how much longer I'm going to live, etc...) if we ever took a vacation in Florida without spending part of it with her in her condo.

i have 455 points
150 at bwv
305 at ssr in 2 contracts

its enough for now, when i pay my house off in 4 years i might add on one more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter