I had quite a scare today!!

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
I was sitting here at my desk today, working on some papers, when I looked up for a minute and something caught my eye right outside my window..

It was very bright - much brighter than any light bulb I had ever seen and I was very puzzled by it.. I knew it wasn't a fire - no smoke and no sirens.. Couldn't be lightning because it lasted too long.. Surely not a star because it was broad daylight.. I was mesmerized by it - yet somewhat hesitant to check it out.. It was so gosh darn bright!!

After a bit, I got up and slowly walked from my chair to the door.. Very cautiously, I stepped out on to my porch and attempted to get a better look.. It was too bright though and without any conscious effort, my eyes veered away.. Suddenly I got this very creepy, uneasy feeling and started to shake a bit.. I haven't been feeling all that great this week and the thought crossed my mind that perhaps this could be one of those "out of body" experiences.. :earseek: You know - the whole "follow the light" thing.. Part of me did want to follow the light - but the other part of me just wanted to scurry back inside..

I don't know how long I stood there - one foot outside and one foot inside.. Seemed like an eternity.. Finally I just made up my mind that whatever it was, I was bigger and I was stronger!! I would look again.. And this time I would find out what it was!!

Gathering all the courage I possibly could, I forced myself to look towards the light again - and that's when I discovered what it was....................

The sun !!!!!!!!!!!

Hadn't seen the gosh darn thing in so many days I thought I had died and was "going towards the light..." :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Memorial Day weekend!! :flower:

:rotfl2: I saw it too!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

But I hear tomorrow it's going to do this - :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

tevagirl said:
What's a 'sun'? :confused3
-------------------

It's one of these things.. :sunny:

Study it carefully so that if you ever have the opportunity to see one, you'll recognize it right away... :teeth:

:teeth:

I thought you were going to tell me you had a visitor of some sort! :teleport: (That smilie will have to do. What happened to the "Beam me up Scotty" one we had? The ONE time I wanted to use it!)

We had sun today! :sunny: It's been chilly, but this weekend it's supposed to be 85 degrees and good weather! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

grinningghost said:
But I hear tomorrow it's going to do this - :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:
-----------------------

As a rule, I am not a violent person - but are you lookin' to get slapped or something???

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Pin Wizard said:
:teeth:

but this weekend it's supposed to be 85 degrees and good weather! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
--------------------

No fair!!! :(

Listen to me carefully.. Do NOT go towards the light.. It's a trick.. Don't do it.. Really.. Stay inside all weekend.. Don't let your loved ones out the door.. It's bad.. Bad light.. Very, very bad light!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

C.Ann said:
I was sitting here at my desk today, working on some papers, when I looked up for a minute and something caught my eye right outside my window..

It was very bright - much brighter than any light bulb I had ever seen and I was very puzzled by it.. I knew it wasn't a fire - no smoke and no sirens.. Couldn't be lightning because it lasted too long.. Surely not a star because it was broad daylight.. I was mesmerized by it - yet somewhat hesitant to check it out.. It was so gosh darn bright!!

After a bit, I got up and slowly walked from my chair to the door.. Very cautiously, I stepped out on to my porch and attempted to get a better look.. It was too bright though and without any conscious effort, my eyes veered away.. Suddenly I got this very creepy, uneasy feeling and started to shake a bit.. I haven't been feeling all that great this week and the thought crossed my mind that perhaps this could be one of those "out of body" experiences.. :earseek: You know - the whole "follow the light" thing.. Part of me did want to follow the light - but the other part of me just wanted to scurry back inside..

I don't know how long I stood there - one foot outside and one foot inside.. Seemed like an eternity.. Finally I just made up my mind that whatever it was, I was bigger and I was stronger!! I would look again.. And this time I would find out what it was!!

Gathering all the courage I possibly could, I forced myself to look towards the light again - and that's when I discovered what it was....................

The sun !!!!!!!!!!!

Hadn't seen the gosh darn thing in so many days I thought I had died and was "going towards the light..." :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Memorial Day weekend!! :flower:

hehehe...that was funny....you had me going there for a minute, wondering what you were seeing! Thanks for the chuckle :sunny: Now please send the sun down here to Boston...it's been missing in action for way too long!

C.Ann, you shouldn't scare people like that. :p Now if you wouldn't mind, would you please drive that sun on down here to PA.? I'm not far really, only 25 minutes from Allentown.

DOn't send that sun anywhere
keep it close to the lake
I will be there (or close anyway)
on SUN and want to see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!