I had an injection in my foot yesterday - Ouch!

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
The saga of my foot is still continuing, and yesterday I went for my first NHS appointment (after seeing the surgeon privately 3 times) and guess what, it was a different doctor, surprise, surprise!

And guess what? He said completely different things, AND wanted to inject some local anaestetic into my foot to determine whether it really was a sesamoid bone problem, or something else!

Well, I hate needles (who doesn't) but thought, well if he thinks he needs to do it, just get it over and done with. Really glad DH was there, I was holding his hand so tight, I can tell you.

And guess what? The doctor said 'it won't hurt too much' and I replied, yes, I've heard that before, and it hurt like hell!

He is saying that he is pretty sure it is a tendon problem, not the bones as such, its just the bones are within the tendon so they are feeling sore (if you know what I mean).

And guess what???? He said you just have to be patient! Patient!!! After nearly 7 months, I don't know the meaning of the word anymore!

So .... carry on with exercises and physio, see him again in 6 weeks, or maybe we'll see the original surgeon and he will change the diagnosis back to what it was!

My poor head is spinning, my foot is hurting even more (cos of the jab) and my feet turned a lovely shade of blue when he mentioned putting a needle in my foot, so looks like my cold foot problem is probably Raynauds Disease which I've found out on the net this morning isn't just brought on by cold but stress too. :rolleyes:

So guess what???? I'm really in need of some pixie dust today! :(

Oh Maz - poor old you. When is this ever going to end? It's so frustrating when the 'experts' can't tell you what's wrong. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Aww poor you,must be painful.
You dont half get messed around with doctors these days.
I too suffer with cold feet,not sure if i've got what you have though but my feet are terribly cold lol...not ideal when in bed,DP runs a mile hehe

Loads of pixie dust,chin up xxxx

Beth;)

Oh Maz - poor you:(

Loads of PD coming right up - straight to the foot, if you please Mr Pixie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep smiling, Mazzy, and think on the bright side - at this rate you'd have seen all the NHS' best experts on feet!

Oh Mazzy you really do deserve some more pixie dust, you must feel quite desperate after all this time.
Don't despair- these things do take an age to mend but they do eventually........ truck loads of pixie dust coming your way and a great big cyber hug {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Oh Mazzy, poor you!!

So much for the private doctors, they don't seem to be any better than their poor relations in the NHS do they?

Try to stay positive (easier said than done - I know!)
Sending you loads of PD - aimed directly at your foot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!