I got all my ADR's I wanted except...

tinkjess3

Mouseketeer
Boatwrights for breakfast at POR. They said they cant book it??? :confused: I was trying to book it for May 8th. I would be amazed if there was nothing available! I tried again this afternoon and same response. Does any know if they are doing away with breakast at Boatwrights? :confused3

Agree that it's sad about Boatwrights.

You might want to try Kona Cafe. They have tonga toast (banana stuffed french toast).

You might want to try Kona Cafe. They have tonga toast (banana stuffed french toast).

Another vote for Kona as a replacement! :thumbsup2 The atmosphere is much nicer than Boatwrights and the coffee is better. IMHO the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are even better than the Tonga Toast.

Boatwrights will no longer be offering breakfast after 2/21/09. :(

Are you kidding me? Holy Moley!!! I am sooooo BUMMED. Where am I to get my sweet potato panckakes with pecan maple butter? Criminy. That is absolutely one of the highlights of my trip. I've been so geared up to take DH there. Oh no. Now it's the food court or POFQ?

Another vote for Kona as a replacement! :thumbsup2 The atmosphere is much nicer than Boatwrights and the coffee is better. IMHO the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are even better than the Tonga Toast.

Maybe the pineapple macadmia nut pancakes will quell my disappointment.:scratchin

My son is devestated. It has hand's down the best french toast, especially if you don't like Bananas. Oh well, I guess they were losing $$. Kona's is great, but it's not Boatwrights.

If anyone ever discovers something similar, I hope you'll post about it.

I would like to know as well. Its actually not the tonga toast version that I like and will miss. It is actually a french bread that the slice and then roll in cinnamon sugar. No filling or anything in it! Oh well we have a reservation at Kona now. However I am looking for one other place for breakfast. Any other suggestions? :confused3 Prefer something that isnt a buffet! :goodvibes

Have you been to Kona for dinner? I am thinking of there for dinner but don't know anyone what has tried it!

My DW and have dined at Kona for dinner a couple of times. I recall that I had a steak the last time that was very good. I believe that it was the Teryaki style NY strip. My wife had the Kona salad. I had the banana chocolate creme brulee. The food was excellent both times. The servers we have had at Kona have always been especially cheerful and friendly. We like going there for a reasonably priced meal outside the MK. It's so easy to get to and from on the monorail. If we want a real fine dining experience on the monorail line we go to Narcoossees. :goodvibes

How disappointing! This spot was one of my favorite must do's for breakfast! 1st Adventurer's Club now this! Oh well, I will have to adjust:guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter