I don't trust park tickets from resellers. Why do you?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Please help me understand. Obviously, it saves a few bucks.
But......
the last thing anyone wants is ticket drama, or that dreaded awful beep, at the turnstile.

Is the few bucks worth that hold your breath moment?
And don't get me started on the "unused days" cheap tickets. That seems like a disaster to me.

We have APs for Disneyland. When we travel to WDW, we purchase tickets direct through Disney. I'm not typically a Nervous Nellie but this one makes me twitchy :tongue:

EDIT:

Maybe I can save some of you a bunch of reading and posting time.
The quote below is from the OP in Post#59 in this long thread.

Repeating myself here, but you guys have truly shed light on this for me.
I think it's a lot like buying DVC. Some people swear by buying direct (what we did) and others swear by resale. I get it, I really do.

I realized I'm a direct kinda person. I want to go right the source, no middle man or anything resembling. I plan to buy my park tickets direct for our upcoming trip. I'm going to take advantage of the price before it jumps on the 12th.

Last edited:
Because they can sometimes have great deals and I've never had a problem with their tickets. As a side note, I've NEVER purchased admission directly through Disney.

I only purchase directly from Disney if required for a special offer. Most of the time, I purchase from an authorized reseller.

I've been buying and selling things online since I was about 16 or 17 (eBay was very new at that point, as this was '97 or '98, and they were't doing as much ID checking in those days) and the only time I've actually been "scammed" was when selling. Never when buying. I had an issue with a GC I bought from someone on eBay last fall that really freaked me out, but it ended up being a mistake by the seller who was quick to remedy the situation. If someone has good feedback, you're likely to have a positive experience. I bought part of our MNSSHP on eBay last fall and saved $150. My mom bought her and my niece's tix for our last trip off eBay, with someone who sells quite a bit of them and had good feedback (no trouble using or upgrading them. The original price wasn't that much off, but she got 10% in eBay bucks and had eBay GCs to use). I bought our tickets from Official Ticket Center (gotten from a link on TP) on our 2014 or 2015 trip and saved about $100. There is always a risk, but I am generally not worried as long as I've done my research on the seller. Now, would I ever buy tickets off of Craigslist? Nope!

Been buying from reputable online sellers (UCT and others) for years. Never had an issue. In fact, once when a reseller sent me the wrong ticket, they express-mailed the correct one before waiting the returned ticket to arrive.

However, I agree that the roadside stands with the CHEAP TICKETS signs are to be avoided at all costs. They are either reselling you tickets that have already been used by someone else (and will be biometrically tagged), or they are fronts for a timeshare tour.

I've used Parksavers a number of times for my son's tickets (I have an AP) and have never had any problems. As long as they are entered into MDE you are good to go.

Today is the last day before prices go up and I just priced a 7 day hopper on UcT and it is over 50.00 less than Disneys price right now and I have used that service many times and never a problem. I link it to my MDE soon as I get the tickets so easy, today is the day to buy if a trip coming up.

I used to work for an authorized reseller. We ordered our tickets in bulk directly from Disney, and had to go to Disney to pick up the orders. They were the exact same tickets being sold at the gates. An authorized reseller is going to have a contract with Disney to sell their product. The fly-by-night partial ticket resellers in ramshackle booths along 192 - not so much.

We've gone to Disney world regularly since I can remember and we always, ALWAYS buy from under cover tourist. Always. They are always fine, perfect, link to MDE, no issues.

What about the magic bands?

MagicBands are a totally separate device from tickets.
One does not affect the other.

There are never any tickets "ON" a MB.
The MB only ACCESSES the info (and tickets) that are listed in your MyDisneyExperience account.
MB is like an electronic "key" to your MDE files and tickets.

As to whether MBs' prices will (or won't) go up... that's another thing unrelated to the ticket prices.

I used to work for an authorized reseller. We ordered our tickets in bulk directly from Disney, and had to go to Disney to pick up the orders. They were the exact same tickets being sold at the gates. An authorized reseller is going to have a contract with Disney to sell their product. The fly-by-night partial ticket resellers in ramshackle booths along 192 - not so much.

What exactly do those ramshackle booths along 192 do? I see them everywhere, both as a booth or in a strip mall. What are the actually selling? I would never ever go there, but really curious what they have and how they stay in business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter