I don't know a word of Japanese! - A COMPLETED TR!

Just sayin,:wave2: :flower3:

I am hungry for information and this forum is definitely not as active as the Aussie board.

Although, you have a lot of catching up -
Lurky Lou has had 187745 views :crazy2:

Yeah you're right, we need to encourage more people in here just to chat :goodvibes

I think Lurky has followers from all over the board who just like to read her TR's regardless of whether they're planning a trip or not :lmao:

:thumbsup2:thanks:

Thank-you!

Dont you hate it when people stand up in front of you!
I think I will be grateful to be a tall Aussie!

Then a lady in front of DH changed out of her crocs into 9inch platform shoes, so now he had a view of the back of her head… Then her friend stood up and put a face mask on her head (not over her face, just on her head) and blocked a little more of the view. Then a man stood up in front of me, and hoisted a full on professional video camera onto his shoulder… What the..? There was another bloke in between me and the guy with the video camera, so when he saw what was going to be in front of him for the show he adjusted his position so he was between the guy with the camera, and the girl in the platforms (which I would have done in his position too) which now left me with a view of everyone’s heads and a big ar$e camera.

Those people were waiting from opening, maybe earlier if they had early entry because it's the closest center standing position. That's why they had the platform shoes and huge cameras. You probably would have had more luck if you were a little off to the side. People at TDR are pretty hardcore and very patient. Yesterday my son and I waited for an off center position to the left from 9:30am until the end of the second showing of the evening. The cast asks people to stand 15 to 30 minutes before the show start time for the standing areas of the shows.

Tell me about it, they all had little chairs and everything that they had been sitting on, I just didn't think they would have been there all day :confused3 It sort of annoyed me because while we had only been waiting there an hour we've never waited any where near an hour for a show before, and when we got there there was plenty of viewing room. I'm happy that the US parks don't allow this sort of recording gear in :rolleyes:

Tell me about it, they all had little chairs and everything that they had been sitting on, I just didn't think they would have been there all day :confused3 It sort of annoyed me because while we had only been waiting there an hour we've never waited any where near an hour for a show before, and when we got there there was plenty of viewing room. I'm happy that the US parks don't allow this sort of recording gear in :rolleyes:

Yeah I wished a cast would have said something to you about it but maybe they thought you knew the viewing area rules. Sometimes if they see us waiting early they will tell us the show start time and check if we are ok watching from the standing area in case we don't know or where the show stops are. They might have assumed since you were two rows back from the planter that you knew you would have to stand up since you wouldn't be able to see the stage sitting on the ground since the planter is elevated. If you would have watched to the side or even center a few steps back from the crowd you would have been able to see the full stage without waiting, it just wouldn't be ideal for photo's.

Edit: Actually I just checked the English site. The cast didn't say anything because the viewing information was available in English.

I don't know all the US parks rules but I didn't have a problem bringing my SLR camera to WDW and they allow tripods which they don't at TDR. I didn't bring my telephoto lens though and we are thinking of going to DCA next year, is there a place we can check the rules?

I didn't have a problem with standing, I figured we'd all stand, it was the people who already had great views who proceeded to make the view for the people behind them terrible :sad2:

I'm not sure where the camera rules are written, but I remember reading a thread about the size lenses that are allowed inside the parks, not sure if it's WDW, DLR or both :confused3

Maybe head over, or ask in the photography section of the boards, because I know I've read a discussion about it somewhere :confused3

BTW - I'm trying to find you on twitter, and can't seem to...

I didn't have a problem with standing, I figured we'd all stand, it was the people who already had great views who proceeded to make the view for the people behind them terrible :sad2:

I'm not sure where the camera rules are written, but I remember reading a thread about the size lenses that are allowed inside the parks, not sure if it's WDW, DLR or both :confused3

Maybe head over, or ask in the photography section of the boards, because I know I've read a discussion about it somewhere :confused3

BTW - I'm trying to find you on twitter, and can't seem to...

Thank you for the heads up on the lenses I didn't know there was a camera section but will definitely check it out. They have really tried making it easier for non frequent visitors at TDR but it's a tough problem because demand is just too high for the seasonal events. The lottery and and things like the vacation plan help but they are still experimenting with different things like the kids areas. My twitter is @dreamsweetslove it should come out in a search or this is the direct link https://twitter.com/DreamSweetsLove

Soooo cute! Thanks for the pic!! All your pictures are amazing!!!

I was going to try and do some sneaky sneaky TR updating while at work, but then I remembered that my TR is in docx. format, and I need to save it in compatibility mode to be able to open it at work. So if I remember I'll change the formatting when I'm at home. ;)

:goodvibes Love the update.

Seems like some a random way to get a seat for the show; but I guess it is worth it. Shame about the camera and the heads in your way. :flower3:

i love reading about tokyo disney even though i'm not planning a trip there! are there big differences in type and quality of merchandise as compared to the states?

more please :cheer2:

The merch at TDR is completely different to that in the states, it looks like it's the same quality, but seemed more expensive...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards

No I am not waiting on an update :) but can you tell me if three days will be enough at the parks or should I allow four?

How are you planning on touring? Open to close? Do you know how busy it's going to be?

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/ (will need translating)

I think it was between the green and yellow while we were there.

When we were there 2 full days would have been plenty of time to see everything. We were never there before 10am, and left early most days, and we saw the majority of the 2 parks.

More time is always fun, but when you're somewhere like Japan and there's plenty to see and do all over the country then 2 days at Disney is probably plenty.

Today was supposed to be our last day at Tokyo Disney, but DH was exhausted, and had seen enough of the parks. I could have happily gone again, but agreed to have a lazy day. :faint:

We slept in until lunch and then decided that we’d try and get our laundry done, as we were running short on clean clothes. :laundy: DH went down to the lobby to get some directions and came back with some photo copied maps, with some directions written in red pen. I couldn’t understand them, so hopefully DH knew where to take us. :lmao:

So we took all our clean clothes out of the suitcase, and piled the dirty ones in, and set out to find the “Wash & Fold”. Turns out DH didn’t really understand the directions… I think we basically circled the Laundromat in a spiral until we eventually realised we were standing next to it. It was fun to wander what looked like a residential area of Shinjuku for a while though.

We went in and loaded all of our clothes into a machine, and then looked for one of the detergent dispensers to buy some detergent. Couldn’t find one… :confused3 We asked the girls behind the counter who spoke a little English about where we could find some, but they didn’t really understand me. I spotted some bottles on a shelf behind the counter and pointed to them to see if we could use theirs, thinking that maybe you’re supposed to bring in from home. She nodded and passed me the bottles, but they were just fabric softener…

I ended up typing “Detergent?” into my phone translator and passing that to them. Turns out the detergent is already in the machines! Which was nice and handy. :idea:

I then sent DH out to find some food, while I took a pic of the washing machines and posted it here.

He came back with some convenience store sushi and a round cake like thing. Sorry I don’t have a photo of the sushi, but here’s the cake like thing!

2012-07-20160211.jpg

It was all pretty good, I had some inari (fried tofu pouches filled with rice) and DH had some pickled vegetable sushi rolls and a triangular shaped thing that was full of rice and cooked tuna, and covered in nori. I’m not sure what they’re called…

We used 2 washing machines to do the wash, but the dryers are massive, so we were able to combine both loads in the one dryer. So all up we only spent about an hour at the Wash and Fold. It also spent that hour to bucket down with rain, and then cleared up in time for us to leave with our nice clean and dry clothes!

We headed back to CST and dropped off our clothes. We decided that we wanted to try and find a supermarket. Not for anything specific, I just like supermarkets… :rotfl:

There was supposed to be one not too far from where we were, I can’t remember what it was called and in any event we didn’t find it (I left my phone in the room… again…:mad:) We did find Isetan which I had been told about. On one of the bottom floors is a place called E.A.T Paradise. This place was like a huge fresh food market, it’s sort of indescribable, so I took some photos, but they don’t really do it justice either. It’s just cases and cases of food as far as you can see!

P7200002.jpg

P7200003.jpg

P7200004.jpg

P7200001.jpg

Isetans with E.A.T Paradises are everywhere, so if you’re interested in food (or just shopping) head on in and have a look around. :thumbsup2

We were hungry, but for a big meal, so we decided we’d find somewhere else to eat and come back here for lunch on another day. It’s not that you wouldn’t be able to fill up on this food, but we sort of wanted to order something and know that we were getting a full meal with it, not just pick a few things at random.

We walked around for a while and eventually decided to head back into Takashimaya to find a restaurant in there. We walked around the top 3 levels a couple of times before deciding on the Indian Place Sitaara Grove.

2012-07-20222516.jpg

I had tandoori chicken with salad, and DH had some large prawns, I can’t remember what flavour they were, I’m thinking they were also tandoori, and we shared a curry, which I have no idea what type it was… Umm, I remember it being good… I can’t believe I didn’t write down more about this meal, because it was really good!

P7200007.jpg

P7200009.jpg

DH is showing the size of the prawns :lmao:

P7200010.jpg

P7200011.jpg

It wasn't exactly the same as Indian food that you get in Australia, or rather it's the same, but with lots of extra coriander and lemon grass.

I picked up some ice cream from another one of the restaurants on our way out. DH didn't want any dessert, but some how managed to share mine... :headache:

2012-07-20223502.jpg

For some reason Japanese ice cream tastes awesome.

We then headed back to CST for bed and TV.

Thanks for the link!

Yeah our dates are green - but the possible 4th day would be yellow! We arrive on Thursday morning and I plan to do our city sightseeing Fri /Sat / Sun /Mon and then Disney Tue / Wed/ Thur

What is with the translations - "ïf not used to spicy" "congestion voilently people"! :eek::eek::rotfl:

I think we will play it by ear for the Friday. Although I really want to take my time - as when we were in Orlando, i just felt so rushed, and tired, and hot !

I plan on getting 7day rail passes and in order for them to be still active for us to get back to Narita from Kyoto for our flight home the following Thursday, I cant activate them before this day.

So maybe we will have an excursion out of Tokyo on this day. We will be heading to Kyoto on the Saturday.

You must have been updating while I was typing - !

Thanks for that - it looks so amazing - your photos are great !

Yup. I second BattyMum. Photos look really good....food looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm really liking this vicarious living through your TR.

What is with the translations - "ïf not used to spicy" "congestion voilently people"! :eek::eek::rotfl:

I know! That's why I had so much trouble planning our holiday when I had a head cold. Trying to decifer the translations just made my head spin :lmao:

I'm pretty sure yellow is still not that busy. Or if it is busy it doesn't feel it because of all the wide open spaces. Even during the busiest parts of the day you should still find plenty to do, with several rides having only short waits. Or even just grab a seat and people watch.

For day trips out of Tokyo, I'd suggest either Hakone or Nikko. I didn't get to either and I regret it. :thumbsup2

You must have been updating while I was typing - !

Thanks for that - it looks so amazing - your photos are great !

Yup. I second BattyMum. Photos look really good....food looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm really liking this vicarious living through your TR.

Thanks. I've got a heap more photos from throughout the trip that I want to post. I'm just debating on whether I should add them at the end of the TR, or go back to the beginning and add them in where they belong :confused3

Thanks. I've got a heap more photos from throughout the trip that I want to post. I'm just debating on whether I should add them at the end of the TR, or go back to the beginning and add them in where they belong :confused3

If you decide to time warp back, just let us know so that we can also time trip backwards and check out the new pics.

It may be a minor inconvenience for us to head back; but anyone else coming on new to the thread will get the whole set in the logical order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter