I did it, I booked a solo trip

I've never done a solo trip before but I'm seriously considering booking one for this fall. I'm a little nervous to do it because I've never done a solo vacation in my life. Can't wait to hear how yours went to get more excited about doing it myself.

I've never done a solo trip before but I'm seriously considering booking one for this fall. I'm a little nervous to do it because I've never done a solo vacation in my life. Can't wait to hear how yours went to get more excited about doing it myself.
I never really have either. I have flown by myself but always heading to meet family. I have never really done a solo vacation and I am really excited about it. I will definitely post a report when i return

So I am going May 6 to May 10th. POP Century. 5 day park hopper ticket.
I have never gone solo and am kind of excited about being accountable to nobody but me.
I may make one dining reservation for someplace special but not even sure I will do that.
please tell me I am doing the right thing?
I have flown solo before but never really taken a solo vacation. I was always going to visit someone or was taking my grandson with me to Disney.
Congratulations! I love the freedom of a solo Disney trip. No one to worry about but myself. I've dined solo at Chef's in Epcot, California Grill, Base Line Tap house, and had a drink in the Nomad lounge in AK. Staff were always very friendly and attentive. In a busy restaurant in Disney there's always something to look at. In three times at Chef's they always seated me at the window, there are a bunch of tables for 2 there.
Have wonderful trip!

Absolutely you are doing the right thing. It will be fabulous. The vast majority of my trips are solo and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the freedom that it gives me to really do whatever I feel like doing. I book one table service restaurant per day and so look forward to that. Enjoy the trip.

I love solo trips and highly recommend them. You get to go at your own pace and experience things that you match not get to do when you go with friends or family. I am going on May as well. Flower and Garden is my absolute favorite festival! I hope you have an amazing trip!

I have never gone solo and am kind of excited about being accountable to nobody but me.
I may make one dining reservation for someplace special but not even sure I will do that.
I have flown solo before but never really taken a solo vacation. I was always going to visit someone or was taking my grandson with me to Disney.
Yay!!! Great decision!!!

I’m going for my 1st solo trip in exactly 4 weeks. I’ve been vacillating between excited/nervous. Mostly though I can’t wait. I‘ll definitely miss my dog but my family is what I need a vacation from. I miss my pre COVID alone time
... are you there yet !!!!

I just booked my first ever solo trip today (Memorial day Weekend Thurs - Mon).. and am devouring all the encouraging words on this post! I travel solo frequently for work, but never for vacation.
My last trip was a trip with my partner last September, and I have a family trip (with all 9 of us!) planned for August - so, I'm justifying this as doing "reconnaissance" for the family trip - LOL - in truth, I just need a little 'break' from real life, and how can you possibly have a bad time at the most magical place on earth! :)
Looking forward to your trip report! (I'm also at the Coronado for this trip!)

I am getting so excited. I only have 17 days to go and I will be solo at Disney. I did change my resort though to Old Key West after reading cheer groups will be at Coronado. It wasn't too much more but het I figure I am worth it. I will post a trip report for sure

Hope everyone is enjoying their solo adventures! It really is just as good (and sometimes better) than going with others. Different, but special.

It's so liberating to have no one to answer to. You can have a detailed plan down to the minute, walk towards the bus/boat, and change your destination on the spur of the moment. In a world where you probably make consensus decisions constantly, it feels like you're getting away with something wicked.

You can stand at Animal Kingdom and watch an animal as long as you please, with nobody to move you along because they're hungry/thirsty/need the restroom.

Likewise, you can divert at any time you're hungry/thirsty/need the restroom.

You can grab a snack on your way out of the park to eat at the hotel afterwards and not have to share it.

There's nothing like the true peace of a mid-day nap in an air conditioned hotel room by yourself.

Well would you believe it , roll on ( I know it's alot) 490 days or 70 weeks and i'll be back. Yes booked for 09/08/22 and already the butterflies are going crazy.
Started looking for what to do , know for certain that have to see Star Wars land and hopefully i'll grt on flight of fantasy as last time though i walked in at rope drop by the time i got round to Pandora (at the most 15 minutes ) there was a 2 hour wait. No i didn't get a fastpass so went on The River Of Light and when i came out it was 5hours and the line was into Africa . Next thing is to wait for the '22 ticket prices and get me ticket and figure out how to connect it to a magic band . Really miss the old days when your ticket didn't expire , my last 14 day ultimate ticket was only used for 3 days. I know it's just money hungery Disney .

my first solo trip i went commando style on the parks and got so much done but at the cost of foot blisters and exhaustion. hadn't realized how much family slowed me down. this was pre-pandemic and i got on rides so quickly as there is always room for 1 on rides. many trips since and i have learned to take my time and go more chill style. definitely my preferred way to go. my favorite solo trip i got up late most days, took really long hot showers, grabbed bath salts etc from basin and took long bubble baths. some days just leaving the room to get food and come back and chill. depends on my mood and that's the best part of solo trips. do what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!