"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

so I've decided to stay in Orlando after the show for a few days, and then fly out to meet him at his next port of call, so to speak.

Solo park time sounds awesome.

Alright...now who's never heard of this place before? *all TR readers raise hands*.

Guilty...never heard of it before, but hopefully it'll fulfill all your childhood dreams.

we all will likely go through shattering things that completely turn our lives upside down. One of my moments like this has just happened very recently

I'm sorry to hear things have taken a nasty turn in your life right now. I can completely understand why you would need to step away from the DIS and reorient yourself. Your mental health and wellbeing is most important so do whatever you need to help yourself. All of us here understand and are here for you if/when you need it. *hugs* :hug:

More for you. :)

jan-you-believe-it-12.gif

jan-you-believe-it-2.gif

happy-happy-new-new-year-8.gif

hohoho-16.gif

whargabl-16.gif

whargabl-1.gif

decembirk-2.gif

Sending prayers an PIXIE DUST your way. I hope that you are able to return to your wonderful,kind, giving self soon.

Meghan,

I just caught up and so sorry to hear about the rough patch! Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts! I am not the best at sending gifs. Here are some cute puppies! We have three dogs and these pups caught my eye!
8404DDDC-6906-4D96-85AD-8C43E3F31354.jpeg 78A133C2-C804-4374-A63A-E6838630795B.png

Sorry about the stuff you are going through. We will be here when you can come back, so until then here is some pixie dust, prayers and a skittle hug to see you through. :tinker::littleangel: (the closest thing to a prayer I could find lol) :grouphug:

Thanks so much, friends, for all the kind words of support! (And also for the cuteness overload!) I'm always surprised and blessed by the generosity and care shown on the dis. What an awesome community this is! Wishing you all well through the rest of your weeks. :hug:

Thanks so much, friends, for all the kind words of support! (And also for the cuteness overload!) I'm always surprised and blessed by the generosity and care shown on the dis. What an awesome community this is! Wishing you all well through the rest of your weeks. :hug:
:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. I hope everything turns around for you very soon. :grouphug:

Here are some gifs to hopefully cheer you up!
cute-funny-dog-animated-gif-33.gif
tenor.gif

I just want to pop in here and apologize for my continued absence. Every once in a while, a few times in our lives, we all will likely go through shattering things that completely turn our lives upside down. One of my moments like this has just happened very recently. Fortunately, all of the people I love and cherish most are all healthy and safe. This is the most important thing, and for that, I'm grateful. But beyond this, life has taken a nasty turn, and it will take some time and a lot of work to get back to something that feels close to normal. I have no idea how much Dis-ing will take place for me in the near future. I may spend time here and find it therapeutic, or I may find myself being pulled away for some time. This is also why I'm behind on a lot of your lovely TRs! I will be catching up and reading, and "liking," but I don't think I'll have it in me to do too much commenting. Be patient, and I'm sure the rest of this TR will get completed in time.

Oh, Meghan, I'm so sorry to hear this. Take all the time you need and we'll be here when you can come back :hug:

hug1.gif

hug2.gif

hug3.gif

hug4.gif

I just want to pop in here and apologize for my continued absence. Every once in a while, a few times in our lives, we all will likely go through shattering things that completely turn our lives upside down. One of my moments like this has just happened very recently. Fortunately, all of the people I love and cherish most are all healthy and safe. This is the most important thing, and for that, I'm grateful. But beyond this, life has taken a nasty turn, and it will take some time and a lot of work to get back to something that feels close to normal. I have no idea how much Dis-ing will take place for me in the near future. I may spend time here and find it therapeutic, or I may find myself being pulled away for some time. This is also why I'm behind on a lot of your lovely TRs! I will be catching up and reading, and "liking," but I don't think I'll have it in me to do too much commenting. Be patient, and I'm sure the rest of this TR will get completed in time. In the meantime, I'm thankful to you for all of your continued stories, comments, and friendship! :hug:

If anyone is wondering what might be helpful for me at this time... of course, as in any tough time, I probably wouldn't say no to any cute pictures or gifs that you'd like to provide on this thread. :goodvibes

Aww Meghan, sorry you're going through a rough patch!! I hope it all works out in the end. We're here for you if you need us! :hug:

And here's something cute:

giphy.gif

BTW the Pizza is gluten-free. :)

For whatever you're going through, I am truly sorry. I wish there was some way we could make things better for you. In the meantime, loads of love & prayers & pixie dust. (((hugs)))

No Way, José!
Disney Day 8 - Part 1

Normally I'm all for early breakfasts. They get us into restaurants before the crowds arrive, and we get out at a decent time to get over to the parks for rope-drop-ish. But apparently we were starting to get sleepy by this point in the Disneymoon, because we almost slept through our early breakfast ADR! We woke up at 7:09 for a 7:35 reservation. Fortunately, we didn't have far to go...we were having breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at Ohana! We got ready quickly and made our way downstairs.

Ydij6rW.jpg

Stitch meets you first outside the restaurant.

3PKnDni.jpg

hviCVI3.jpg

The food here was pretty good, but it was standard Disney breakfast fare.

yPDkhTU.jpg

Early in the meal, N got up to go to the restroom, and while he was gone, Pluto popped by to meet me, and we took an awkward selfie. I also got an email from Disney Fine Art Photography then that a preview of our wedding photos was available, and I showed N the sneak peek of the first of our gorgeous photos on my phone when we returned.

iKOLuy8.jpg

wwnUA2U.jpg

The characters came around at a reasonable pace, and we finished our breakfast.

Y2gLePT.jpg

7sU8XQW.jpg

s2NPsW6.jpg

sgvfo1S.jpg

lPtM8z4.jpg

After breakfast, we went back to our room to pack up, and then stored our luggage with bell services. I was glad that we'd finally had the opportunity to stay at the Poly, which was always something I wanted to do, and which was N's dream resort, but I also wasn't sad to leave. It was a beautiful resort, but maybe not quite what we'd expected. We'll definitely visit again and eat at the restaurants, but I don't think we'd stay again. We have other resorts on our priority list now!

We took a monorail over to Epcot, and got stuck in a long bag check line for a while. Once we got into the park, we went over to Guest Relations to sort out our VIP Illuminations viewing for that evening. Apparently we also went over to get a DAS for Soarin', but I don't think we ever ended up using it that day. Because we took longer getting into Epcot than planned, we had to make our way over to the International Gateway at this time, and then to the Beach Club. By the time we got there in the heat, I was fading fast and needed a pick-me-up...and what better solution than lunch at Beaches and Cream!?

This was our first time eating at Beaches and Cream, and I knew it would be small inside, but I didn't realize quite how small! We wanted to make sure we had room for ice cream, so we split a burger, and then split the gluten/dairy-free version of the No Way José sundae. It was impressive, and beautiful, and delicious! They offer several types of dairy free ice cream, and the Tofutti is definitely the best for both taste and texture if you can tolerate soy, so that's what we got...I can still almost taste it... :cloud9:

iwCKmyf.jpg

vQeuCW4.jpg

yNd3Ipl.jpg

pDa1a38.jpg

We didn't feel like walking back in the heat, so we got a cab back to the Poly to pick up our luggage and our car, and then made the drive to Orange Lake to settle in at the timeshare.

0llMBvp.jpg

3u9iRBQ.jpg

GHwbsEH.jpg

4SWYzGl.jpg

hTwyXp9.jpg

GX0ZcUv.jpg

6uBypXN.jpg

G5uwBxr.jpg

Once we were settled in, we took a run to Walmart to pick up an external hard drive so I could make sure I backed up my photos and videos from the wedding. We got back to Orange Lake, then realized that we needed another item I'd forgotten to buy for a *aherm*special project*aherm*. So we took another quick trip out to the Publix grocery store near the timeshare to get a thermometer. We returned to Orange Lake again...and I won't go into details about what happened there that afternoon, but I'll just say that it was kind of an arts and crafts project involving sculpture and cloning, and it's highly inappropriate to discuss on the boards here! :scratchin :laughing:

At this point we were cutting it close for our dinner ADR. (Yes, we did have THREE ADRs scheduled in one day. Don't judge.) We drove back over to the Beach Club quickly. Our dinner was going to be at Cape May Cafe!

uF84p0c.jpg

"We Don't Need to Meet the Same Characters
Every
Time We Go to Disney, Riiiiiiggghhhtt??"
Disney Day 8 - Part 2

We had been to Cape May for breakfast earlier in the trip, as you may remember, but we'd never been there for dinner.

06VPVSy.jpg

I don't seem to have food pictures, other than the Erin McKenna's treats they brought me for dessert due to my dietary restrictions. The meal was good though. The seafood paella was probably my favourite thing there. They also had crab legs, which N enjoyed very much, but I find them too much work! We're picky about our seafood, coming from the Canadian East Coast. If you don't believe me that we have some of the best seafood around up here, just ask @chunkymonkey how she enjoyed her lobster on her visit to our neighbouring province of PEI! #NOM! However, there was lots of variety here, and everything was cooked pretty well. They also had a good assortment of breads, and also desserts, but N had to enjoy those for both of us.

Zbd839r.jpg

At the end of this meal they also bring you hot towels, which @ariane37 knows well, since her son, Chris, is pretty obsessed with them!

After stuffing ourselves at dinner, we made our way back to Epcot. This was back before there were stricter guidelines about how long you could park for ADRs (typically 3 hours these days,) and we had free parking due to our APs either way, so we decided to just leave the car for a few hours and walk over to Epcot.

JIlSlTa.jpg

ty3AgAN.jpg

zW9zwaj.jpg

We had a FP for Spaceship Earth, so that's what we did next.

7Krr5fM.jpg

O8oUeDK.jpg

cRdZ142.jpg

We headed over to Frozen for our FP next, but the line was backed up really far, and the standby wait was listed at 115 minutes, so we decided to leave. It turns out that it was shut down shortly after that due to issues.

Instead, we took a pass through It's a Small Mexico.

AQQydDC.jpg

WZQDfO0.jpg

WHtNM1b.jpg

s7thsZ7.jpg

Then we walked toward the Italy pavilion for our VIP Illuminations viewing, stopping along the way for frozen lemonade.

Nla4AO0.jpg

NEp6R69.jpg

JRaIpjI.jpg

VIP viewing is totally the way to do Illuminations! We chatted with a few people in the viewing area before the show started. They were DVC and had done the tour of the World Showcase earlier that day and had been given VIP viewing because they did the tour. The show was really great, naturally, and it meant more after we'd incorporated so much of Illuminations into our wedding ceremony. As we were walking away at the end of the show, "Promise" played, and it was the first time I'd listened to our wedding song since we'd danced to it, which was very special.

At this point, I was wiped out! N was getting pretty tired, too. But I'd changed into my Joy dress that afternoon, so I wanted to meet Joy and Sadness and get pictures together. The wait took a while, but it wasn't as crazy as it sometimes gets. While we were waiting in line, there was a family behind us and the kids were getting frustrated with having to wait because they'd already met Joy and Sadness on a previous trip. The little guy in the family started nagging his mother, and in this exasperated voice he said, "We don't need to meet the same characters every time we go to Disney, riiiiigghhhhtt?" :rotfl: I
laughed, because I keep meeting the same characters again and again on subsequent trips, and I know I'm not the only one who does this.

Our meet was really cute. Joy and Sadness got a kick out of it that I matched a little bit with both of them—with Joy due to my dress, and with Sadness because of my blue glasses.

G0M4c3w.jpg

sCBsCVc.jpg

pdUFlXM.jpg

3Uipjyu.jpg

pJZnq7W.jpg

At this point, we were ready to fall into bed, but I had one more mission at Epcot. I wanted to bring home a little Figment. So here he is! (He was much more excitable and less sleepy than I was at this point!!)

x6SbQbv.jpg

Finally, it was time to leave Epcot!

N5mSSdR.jpg

At this point, I'd managed to get some nasty blisters, and my feet were the sorest they'd ever been at Disney. This had been one of the biggest days for walking for us, since we'd typically taken it a little slower due to the heat. I hobbled along to the IG, and wasn't entirely sure I'd make it there without N having to scoop me up—as we say around these parts—"like a sack o' potatoes." We made it eventually, and got back home to the timeshare, and hit the hay.

Last edited:
No Way, José!

You wrote an update! No way!

We woke up at 7:09 for a 7:35 reservation.

Whoops! GO! GO! GO!

:laughing: Cute shot of you guys. :)

The food here was pretty good, but it was standard Disney breakfast fare.

But... it's in Disney, so that makes it better than normal standard breakfast fare.

Pluto popped by to meet me, and we took an awkward selfie.

Disagree. Very cute selfie.

I also got an email from Disney Fine Art Photography then that a preview of our wedding photos was available, and I showed N the sneak peek of the first of our gorgeous photos on my phone when we returned.

That must have been exciting!

The characters came around at a reasonable pace, and we finished our breakfast.

My idea of "reasonable pace" is... "Don't bother me. I'm eating."

I like that shot. Interesting and creative.

I was glad that we'd finally had the opportunity to stay at the Poly, which was always something I wanted to do, and which was N's dream resort, but I also wasn't sad to leave. It was a beautiful resort, but maybe not quite what we'd expected. We'll definitely visit again and eat at the restaurants, but I don't think we'd stay again. We have other resorts on our priority list now!

Really!
That's my dream resort... and I fully expect to never stay there.

By the time we got there in the heat, I was fading fast and needed a pick-me-up...and what better solution than lunch at Beaches and Cream!?

::yes:: You could do a lot worse!

This was our first time eating at Beaches and Cream, and I knew it would be small inside, but I didn't realize quite how small!

I know, right? I remember walking in and thinking... "Where's the rest of it?"

It's one of the reasons I like it so much, too.

We wanted to make sure we had room for ice cream, so we split a burger, and then split the gluten/dairy-free version of the No Way José sundae.

Yum! Wasn't that good!?!?

We didn't feel like walking back in the heat,

Or walking, period. "burp"

Orange Lake to settle in at the timeshare.

Looks like a nice place.

Love your dress. :)

Once we were settled in, we took a run to Walmart to pick up an external hard drive so I could make sure I backed up my photos and videos from the wedding.

Smart.

I'll just say that it was kind of an arts and crafts project involving sculpture and cloning, and it's highly inappropriate to discuss on the boards here! :scratchin :laughing:

I have no idea... and I'm dying of curiousity!

(Yes, we did have THREE ADRs scheduled in one day. Don't judge.)

Nope! Not me. Not judging at all.

We had been to Cape May for breakfast earlier in the trip, as you may remember, but we'd never been there for dinner.

I've never been there at all. Would you recommend?

The seafood paella was probably my favourite thing there.

Really!

They also had crab legs, which N enjoyed very much, but I find them too much work!

I'm on your side. Too much work for too little reward.

We're picky about our seafood, coming from the Canadian East Coast.

I'm picky about my seafood coming from my tastebuds.

At the end of this meal they also bring you hot towels, which @ariane37 knows well, since her son, Chris, is pretty obsessed with them!

Messy eaters?

Woo! Look at you go!

The show was really great, naturally, and it meant more after we'd incorporated so much of Illuminations into our wedding ceremony.

:)

As we were walking away at the end of the show, "Promise" played, and it was the first time I'd listened to our wedding song since we'd danced to it, which was very special.

Awww.... :hug:

"We don't need to meet the same characters every time we go to Disney, riiiiiiggghhhtt?"

:laughing:

OMG. Totally adorable shot!

Love this shot too! :)

(He was much more excitable and less sleepy than I was at this point!!)
x6SbQbv.jpg

Well, he probably just woke up and didn't have as far to walk.

At this point, I'd managed to get some nasty blisters, and my feet were the sorest they'd ever been at Disney

Oh, your poor feet!
Disney will do that alright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter