"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Every time I see a picture of your dress I fall more in love with it! It's actually really close to what I pictured myself picking out for a wedding dress - I love the higher neckline, the lace, the fit of it... Naturally when I went dress shopping, I came home with a strapless, tulle ball gown :confused3

I can't wait to see all your wedding pictures!

we're not quite as short and stout in real life as we look through a fisheye lens in front of Spaceship Earth!!

:rotfl:

we even ended up adding extra time to our trip

Ah that's the best!

In all seriousness, we had talked about a Disney wedding before we'd even gotten engaged.

Josh knows I want a Disney wedding and we're not engaged :laughing:

I loved the idea of a smaller and more intimate wedding—I'm the kind of person who doesn't really "get" big elaborate weddings. They're great, just not my style

Me too! I definitely don't want a big wedding.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

I love that your intro pic is from the Sunday morning I ran into the two of you outside of the Liberty Belle! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. :)

Just read the Who, the What, and the Why, and am already really enjoying your TR. So nice to have your wedding be about you doing what you enjoy with those closest to you around you. Just lovely. I love that you spent that long having a great time together before heading home too. Looking forward to all the photos and stories you have to share. :)

I've seen you on so many other TRs that I finally had to come over to one of your's! Also, I'm a sap for a good Disney wedding. Your dress is gorgeous and I love that you had a small intimate wedding. That would be my dream if my BF's family wasn't so big. I can't wait to read all about it and see your park wedding photos!

Your "W's" post just got me more excited to read about the rest of your trip! I think it's great that you were able to have the wedding you wanted at Disney with the people closet to you. And all those days post-wedding...I remember how amazing my time (it was a Disney cruise, but still) on my honeymoon was with my husband, and I feel like you guys probably walked away with similar feelings. Such a special time, and I can't wait to hear what you guys did at Disney and varying other places!

Hi friends! I swear I haven't forgotten about you! School and work are just kicking my tush and sucking my free time. And just when I think I'm caught up on the Dis...this happens...

aptiF5r.png

Uggh.

Of course, all those notifications represent updates on your TRs and things, which are awesome and exciting, so I can't even be upset!

I promise that I'll be back (hopefully soon!) with an actual real-live update!

Every time I see a picture of your dress I fall more in love with it! It's actually really close to what I pictured myself picking out for a wedding dress - I love the higher neckline, the lace, the fit of it... Naturally when I went dress shopping, I came home with a strapless, tulle ball gown :confused3

Thank you!! I'm pretty crazy about it. It's amazing though how you can have one thing in mind and then when you see a totally different style of dress it just happens to be the one! I actually ALMOST walked out with a mermaid style dress with ruffles and some bling. And I NEVER in a million years had wanted a mermaid silhouette.

Josh knows I want a Disney wedding and we're not engaged :laughing:

Haha good for you!! Always good to plan ahead. When you know, you know...even if what you know about is a location/theme!

Just read the Who, the What, and the Why, and am already really enjoying your TR. So nice to have your wedding be about you doing what you enjoy with those closest to you around you. Just lovely. I love that you spent that long having a great time together before heading home too. Looking forward to all the photos and stories you have to share. :)

It really was wonderful, and just right for us. Hopefully I'll have the time and motivation to dive in very soon!

I've seen you on so many other TRs that I finally had to come over to one of your's! Also, I'm a sap for a good Disney wedding. Your dress is gorgeous and I love that you had a small intimate wedding. That would be my dream if my BF's family wasn't so big. I can't wait to read all about it and see your park wedding photos!

Thanks so much for coming over here, and :welcome: Having an intimate wedding that size was really special for us. Nathan's family is actually also really big, but it was easier for us to have a super small wedding than it would have been to have a medium-sized wedding and still not be able to invite his entire family. This way people seemed to understand that we could only invite the few people closest to us and nobody saw it as a slight. But it's a huge sacrifice to not have all of your loved ones with you! So I definitely see how it's not for everyone!

Hi Meghan! I'm here and really looking forward to hearing about your special trip. Congratulations on your marriage!

:welcome: Thanks so much for coming over, and for the congrats!

Your "W's" post just got me more excited to read about the rest of your trip! I think it's great that you were able to have the wedding you wanted at Disney with the people closet to you. And all those days post-wedding...I remember how amazing my time (it was a Disney cruise, but still) on my honeymoon was with my husband, and I feel like you guys probably walked away with similar feelings. Such a special time, and I can't wait to hear what you guys did at Disney and varying other places!

Thanks! I'm excited to tell the stories! And yes, I agree 100%. It's so special to have that time together!

I am sooooooo behind on TR's (including my own!) but I cannot wait to see and read all about your wonderful wedding and Disneymoon! :woohoo:

A very belated congratulations to you and Nathan :goodvibes:goodvibes

P.S. Do you know why your TR is under the "completed trip reports" board?

OMG so excited to read!!! What a wonderfully long and magical trip! I'm so jealous of your Disney wedding--I have a huge family and weddings are sort of our thing, so it would not have worked out for us, but passing the wedding pavilion at the GF always makes me kind of wish we could do a second wedding! :lmao:But only almost...ain't nobody got time for the stress of two weddings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter