• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I am learning

Hers was a very very slight pneumonia... she had IV antibiotics and then they sent her home with more. She was out for about a week plus two weekends but the cough just went on forever and with her heart condition there are some meds she has to say away from. (her chd was was very complex not a simple hole in the heart) Like I said it was just a very unproductive cough but I really couldn't keep her home for months.. I think she had it in mid April and the cough lasted until mid June :scared: Every few days I'd get a call to come get her, I'd just tell them no. :rolleyes1 The nurse down there doesn't like me 3 years later because of it

If they don't have a fever I don't see the problem sending her with a few cough drops

Wow, I could only laugh when I read this. I teach, and we have students who miss 20+ days a SEMESTER. Some with doctor's notes and some without. I can say I have never had one out due to one big illness. The 20+ days are racked up by missing a day week, sometimes two. We hear reasons like allergies, or "headache". We send the names to our D.A., but they don't do anything. It's crazy and frustrating.

Just curious, I haven't had kids in school for years. What happens if your child has something really bad that goes longer for ten days. Does the law not take things into consideration?

Here only an extended hospital stay is excused. Its extended hospitalization, religious holidays and court dates. Those are the only excused absences, anything else(even with a doctor's note) is considered unexcused. The school policy is they are to stayhome for 24 hours after the last sign of a fever or vomiting. You get 5 or 6 unexcused absences in a rolling 6 month and then they can take you to court. They love to send home threatening letters if you get close to the limit. Its pretty annoying because if you follow their 24 hour policy and keep your kid home, you can easily end up with them threatening you with court and sending you letters about how you don't care about your kids education.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter