I’m going to be on the Travel Channel!

PghLybrt

DIS Veteran
Ok well maybe I will and maybe I wont, I haven’t actually watched the special yet. Its Gay Getaways on the travel channel on 7/13 at 10pm. The Travel channel was filming during the last Olivia cruise my girl and I took so we shall see if we made the cut (I have a feeling however you had to maintain a certain level of sobriety to be on and if not, we better watch out!) They combined the Olivia footage with some other gay vacations so it might be worthwhile….then again it may be totally worthless.

Ooooh! Sounds GREAT!!! I hope you get to be the star you were born to be!!!

Sounds like I'll be setting the TiVo for tomorrow night!!!

And BTW, how did you like the Olivia Cruise? We've only been on Disney, and we were looking at Olivia. But we were SO spoiled by DCL. We're hesitant to try anything else. But it seems as though the atmosphere at Olivia would be so great!

Anyway, you'll have to let us know if you made the cut so we can watch for you!
-Christal

Tonight at 10 PM? I'll be watching, but how will I know you???

Viki said:
Tonight at 10 PM? I'll be watching, but how will I know you???

We will be the really really really drunk ones….hey it was a cruise right ! Ha ha no seriously I have no idea! :confused3 They did move us to the front row of the IG concert on board other than that I have no idea…I guess I will have watch and let you know!! And as far as Olivia goes. The experience is worth every penny! (Some of their staff I could do without but that’s a different story) Just being in an environment like that is unreal ( I guess it is kind of like how straight people feel cause they are all the same…make sense?) And the people we met! We now have very good friends in Tucson and San Diego! We are actually tossing up the idea of forgoing Disney this year and going on the Caribbean cruise instead!

Ok so I am totally disappointed. I knew it wasn’t going to be a great show but I didn’t think it was going to be as bad as it was. It made the cruise look sooooo boring. Not only that but what was up with the disclaimer about the content of the show that was on right before it? I couldn’t believe it, from that disclaimer I thought it was going to be more “Girls gone wild” (which is what my video shows! :rolleyes1 ) but it was so far from that. Sorry everybody….

Believe me Olivia vacations are much more enjoyable then what they showed!

PghLybrt said:
Ok so I am totally disappointed. I knew it wasn’t going to be a great show but I didn’t think it was going to be as bad as it was. It made the cruise look sooooo boring. Not only that but what was up with the disclaimer about the content of the show that was on right before it? I couldn’t believe it, from that disclaimer I thought it was going to be more “Girls gone wild” (which is what my video shows! :rolleyes1 ) but it was so far from that. Sorry everybody….

That's funny, because that's what Gwen said right away, "What's up with the disclaimer???"

Actually, I enjoyed the program, but I'm easy! :dance3:

PghLybrt said:

I recorded it and haven't watched it, yet.

I take it you were not shown? (Or won't admit it if you were :rotfl: )

Ha ha I would admit and fess up to my bad behavior!!!....it just wasn’t caught on film!.....(well at least their film) I am still in awe that it needed a warning before it...I mean are feather boas that dangerous?

Watch out for those feather boas!!!! LOL

We watched it - no need for the disclaimers though.... Didn't enjoy the show too much - then again would probably never go on an all gay cruise or vacation. Just not for us. The show kind of made it look "gay stereotypical" if that makes any sense.

funny story.. my roomate and I were at downtown disney enjoying our ghiardelli ice cream with my friend and our british friend. Our british friend made some comment about how he thinks tea kettles should be manditory in every kitchen in the world. about 10 minutes late, my roomate was enlightening us about Olivia cruises and their finer points (she had gotten a brochure in the mail that morning and we had never heard of them) and an elderly woman walks over, puts her hand on our british friend's shoulder and says "You're right dear, every home DOES need a tea kettle." And walks away.

lol your post reminded me of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter