Hyatt mco ?

NeverSayNever

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Trying to get all of our plans set and I just read something on the boards regarding Hyatt at MCO and am a bit confused... :confused3

So my questions are:

1. Do you book your stay at Hyatt MCO through DCL or on your own? If through DCL what is the benefit?

2. We will be taking DCL transfers in the am to port from the HYATT at MCO. What is the earliest or what time do the buses start running and how does the baggage work? Does the Hyatt take to the bus for you or do we have to take care of it?

3. Speaking of luggage, upon arrival is there a porter or any other service that can be used to go from terminal to check-in at the Hyatt?

4. Do you find it more cost effective to eat dinner/breakfast at the Hyatt or in the airport itself... we would prefer something more than fast food.

5. Re a Hyatt day stay - anyone know the cost and does this need to be booked in advance? I suspect we will have a late flight home.

Thank you all!

Never Say Never....

1. Do you book your stay at Hyatt MCO through DCL or on your own? If through DCL what is the benefit? We booked this on our own

2. We will be taking DCL transfers in the am to port from the HYATT at MCO. What is the earliest or what time do the buses start running and how does the baggage work? Does the Hyatt take to the bus for you or do we have to take care of it?Not sure about this since we took a private shuttle to the port

3. Speaking of luggage, upon arrival is there a porter or any other service that can be used to go from terminal to check-in at the Hyatt?I dont think so, very easy to pick up your own luggage and take elevator up to the hotel

4. Do you find it more cost effective to eat dinner/breakfast at the Hyatt or in the airport itself... we would prefer something more than fast food.Didn't really pay attention to price, but restaurant in hotel was good. We had dinner and breakfast there

5. Re a Hyatt day stay - anyone know the cost and does this need to be booked in advance? I suspect we will have a late flight home.We booked a day room in advance. I think it was $100

1. You book Hyatt on your own.

2. If are taking the DCL bus, your baggage will be collected on or before 8:30 a.m. You can leave them in your room. You won't see your baggage again until it arrives to your stateroom. Earliest bus departs about 9:30 a.m.

3. I can't answer about porters, as we always collect our bags and take them to check-in at Hyatt.

4. We always dine at the food court at MCO. MUCH LESS expensive than Hyatt restaurants.

5. Day room at Hyatt..we haven't had one since our 2005 cruise, so I can't answer about the $$, but no advance reservation is required.

HTH!:)

People have been booking the Hyatt through Disney though, and then not having to choose PATs. But I think they are really experimenting with PATs b/c people have a variety of experiences that don't all mesh with each other recently.

Hyatt food is spendy but really good. DS ate a room service pizza by himself, he liked it so much. We got veggie sushi once and it was tasty. I don't remember what else we've gotten, but we liked it all. That said, there's other food around. But I think the food court proper is inside security.

they can pick up your luggage for you-- we were a large group-- they brought a very large luggage cart -- you can just call them when you get to baggage claim and they will send a porter.. they said the charge was $ 10.00 ( plus tip) but the $ 10 charge did not appear on my bill !!!

Once you check into the hotel, tell them that you are cruising Disney. They give you a form that you fill out and present to the DCL staff the next morning. You just line your baggage up by the door before you leave the room and your luggage will be in the room when your able to get into your room around 130 pm

Has anyone paid for the luggage carts, taken them to the room and left the carts in the room with the luggage on it for the next day?

Then head to the DCL check in at MCO with the carts

Robin $ Angel "D". :thumbsup2

Robin"D";52066424 said:
Has anyone paid for the luggage carts, taken them to the room and left the carts in the room with the luggage on it for the next day?

Then head to the DCL check in at MCO with the carts

Robin $ Angel "D". :thumbsup2

We have used the luggage carts, however after checking in at the Hyatt they ask that you leave the carts there for them to return them and someone brings the luggage to your room for you. I'm not sure they would "allow" the luggage carts up to the rooms but perhaps you could ask? Not sure how it would fit in the elevators as it can be sort of a tight squeeze.

Heather

Once you check into the hotel, tell them that you are cruising Disney. They give you a form that you fill out and present to the DCL staff the next morning. You just line your baggage up by the door before you leave the room and your luggage will be in the room when your able to get into your room around 130 pm

Wait....your luggage will be in your stateroom at 1:30 already?? Do the Hyatt to DCL transfers get their luggage in the room faster?

Last time we cruised our luggage arrived before our 5:45 dinner...but certainly not at 1:30.

People have been booking the Hyatt through Disney though, and then not having to choose PATs. But I think they are really experimenting with PATs b/c people have a variety of experiences that don't all mesh with each other recently.

Hyatt food is spendy but really good. DS ate a room service pizza by himself, he liked it so much. We got veggie sushi once and it was tasty. I don't remember what else we've gotten, but we liked it all. That said, there's other food around. But I think the food court proper is inside security.

The main food court is outside of security.

We stay at the Hyatt, but usually just do fast food in the morning. My friends stayed there in April and did the breakfast buffet and it was very pricey. 2 adults and one child and it was in the neighborhood of $70 if I recall correctly...

1. We booked the Hyatt through DCL because the price was identical to booking through another portal (hotels.com et al). And make sure when you compare the price, you're comparing with all the taxes and such. At first I thought it was cheaper to book separately, but then I realized that the price DCL gave me included tax and the price on hotels.com didn't. Doh! Also, booking through Disney, I was able to use my Disney gift cards (that I got from Target with my Red Card for 5% off).

2. Our luggage was picked up at 8:30 ON THE NOSE. We were literally about to leave the room when the guy showed up. Our room was ready at 1:30. Luggage arrived around 4:30ish. One suitcase was at our stateroom door. The other was in a big lineup at the end of the hall waiting to be taken to our room. We didn't think they would mind if we nipped it on the way to our room. (It wasn't in the service area or anything - it was out in the regular hallway.)

3. No, there's no porter, but it's really not that far. I mean, it's IN the airport :)

4. We NEVER eat fast food, but the prices were so steep that we opted instead to just suck it up and eat one crappy meal before the good stuff on the ship. We each had a McDonald's breakfast sandwich to hold us over until we could eat on the ship.

5. Can't help you on this one. We went from the cruise to Disney World.

3. No, there's no porter, but it's really not that far. I mean, it's IN the airport :)

This. Also, if you really have too much luggage to handle by hand, you can always rent a Smarte Carte or two for a few dollars to load your suitcases onto and roll them yourself to the Hyatt. As mentioned above, the MCO Hyatt is not just connected to the airport, it's literally inside/above the airport terminal building. The elevators from the main floor to the hotel lobby are immediately next to one of the passenger security checkpoints.

Having stayed there a few times here's my 2 cents -

Love this hotel. Very friendly - we had delays due to Hurricane Irene and they let us stay in our room with no extra charge until it was time to go through security late in the afternoon. Then when we had to come back due to an emergency they found us a room and because of the issues we had upgraded us for free. The breakfast was very VERY good, and we booked the AAA Breakfast package. It's about 20 more, but you get 2 adult breakfasts (sit down or the buffet) included. Very comfy, quiet.

Never ate dinner there, but there are so many options of both fast food and regular restaurants outside the security area - chili's among others - and frankly we like to eat reasonably healthy (of course we make exceptions) and have never had problems finding something. Well, except for a Steak & Shake. If Orlando Airport ever gets one I may move into the airport.

We booked individually this time (other 2 were not cruises), and again got the AAA breakfast deal.

When we checked in we had to get our own bags from baggage claim, and at the front desk they had someone come and take our bags up. No luggage carts are not allowed upstairs; however, when we went they had their own "luggage carts" (those hotel ones) that we were able to use if we wanted. Frankly we were so tired that we welcomed spending the extra $$ to have someone take them up.

Excited to be able to have them deal with our bags. Wasn't looking forward to that at the pier. Does that mean we don't handle them at all, by the way?

Wait....your luggage will be in your stateroom at 1:30 already?? Do the Hyatt to DCL transfers get their luggage in the room faster?

Last time we cruised our luggage arrived before our 5:45 dinner...but certainly not at 1:30.

In fact the luggage from Hyatt may get there SLOWER than expected--ours didn't arrive outside the room until a bit after 5:00. We were told by Concierge that the truck that takes baggage to the airport is NOT a Hyatt truck, but a contractor who may have a few other hotel stops along the way.

But that was no problem and we found the entire Hyatt experience to be most satisfactory. Having endured airport food many times we opted to eat dinner at the Hyatt (Mc Coys Pub) and breakfast at 6 the next morning at the main restaurant. Both were very good.

We just left the luggage tip that morning in an envelope (on the luggage) which we placed just inside our room door.

After bkfst we went right down to the bus terminal, got the very first bus and were at the terminal plenty early.

Hi!

Trying to get all of our plans set and I just read something on the boards regarding Hyatt at MCO and am a bit confused... :confused3

So my questions are:

1. Do you book your stay at Hyatt MCO through DCL or on your own? If through DCL what is the benefit?

2. We will be taking DCL transfers in the am to port from the HYATT at MCO. What is the earliest or what time do the buses start running and how does the baggage work? Does the Hyatt take to the bus for you or do we have to take care of it?

3. Speaking of luggage, upon arrival is there a porter or any other service that can be used to go from terminal to check-in at the Hyatt?

4. Do you find it more cost effective to eat dinner/breakfast at the Hyatt or in the airport itself... we would prefer something more than fast food.

5. Re a Hyatt day stay - anyone know the cost and does this need to be booked in advance? I suspect we will have a late flight home.

Thank you all!

Never Say Never....

We just booked for end of September so haven't travelled yet but this is the info I got from Disney and hyatt.

1. We booked through Disney and got a flat rate for the hotel room and shuttle, as well as for transporting our luggage from our room to the cruise.

2. Hyatt picks up luggage at 8:30. First shuttle leaves airport at 10am. If they have enough people staying at the hyatt they will send a shuttle there to pick people up.

3. Two options, $10 each. When you land call hyatt and ask for a porter to meet you at baggage claim or skip baggage claim, go straight to hyatt to check in and give them a description of your luggage with the baggage claim numbers your airline put on your bag. A porter will go and retrieve it.

Our experience with the Hyatt MCO had been wonderful both times we have stayed there prior to a DCL Cruise. We booked through AAA also, with the breakfast option. A little more $, but their breakfast buffet is lovely, and both times they offered a Creme Brûlée French toast that was to die for! We love that we don't have to worry about getting our luggage to the DCL bus, follow the instruction form that Hyatt will give you after you inform them you are going on a DCL Cruise. I do, for my own piece of mind, check with the front desk the morning of the cruise that our name is on the DCL luggage pick up list. It was each time and our luggage was at our stateroom door EARLIER than others on our deck.
We also think staying at the Hyatt gave us an edge on boarding the DCL bus to take us to the port. Many people were in the seating area where 2 portable DCL kiosk type stands were set up to process us. We didn't go to the ME counter. When the boarding of the busses began, they called, in the same breath so to speak, " Those needing special assistance and those who stayed at the Hyatt. " we were third in line to board the first bus! AND the bus left around 9:15!!! MUCH earlier than our cruise 2 years ago. We were so early at the port that a DCL Port guy boarded our bus, joked around at how REALLY EARLY we were, that there was no one on the terminal to check us in yet! But they got us off the bus, opened 3 check in desks..and we were in boarding # 4 !!! I have pics of the EMPTY Terminal!! I have no idea if our boarding number was tied to our PAT which I selected myself in online check in. I selected the earliest PAT I could which I believe was 10:30 at the time. We were on the ship at 11:15!!! ( skipped pictures ) I will book with Hyatt MCO again, without hesitation!

I think the time that the shuttle leaves the airport depends on the earliest PAT. When we were on the Dream the earliest PAT was 10:30, but now on the Wonder (both out of Port Canaveral) the earliest is 11:30.

I think the time that the shuttle leaves the airport depends on the earliest PAT. When we were on the Dream the earliest PAT was 10:30, but now on the Wonder (both out of Port Canaveral) the earliest is 11:30.

I know the Wonder/Magic have later PAT (I believe the earliest is 11:00am) but that doesn't impact the transfer times leaving MCO to get to the port. I've done this at least 6 times now and for the Magic in January we also left NLT 9:30am from MCO.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter