• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyatt MCO Orlando Airport

I saw that a one-night charge is applied if reservation is canceled three days prior to reservation stay. Can you get a full refund if room is canceled earlier than that?

I actually just booked a room on my points there. When I spoke to the reservation operator, they stated it was Hyatt's policy that you need cancel 72 hrs before your scheduled stay in order to recieve a refund (goes for points too.)

If you book one night through lastminutetravel.com, there is no way to cancel and get your money back. If you book multiple nights, you may be able to get all but one night's fee back, depending on when you cancel.

Clicking through the links already posted on this thread, I found my old post that explained how to know for certain that you will be booking the Hyatt.

Requoting here:

I use lastminutetravel.com often. I have found a tool to use so that I know for sure exactly what hotel I'm getting.

You'll need 2 browser windows open

Browser 1
Search on lastminutetravel.com for your city/dates
Click on or hold your cursor over the Book It box
In the middle of the URL you will see HotelID= (take note of these numbers)

Browser 2
Go to their parent site Tourico Holidays
In the URL replace what is currently there with the number you found above
If you book through the lastminutetravel link, this is the hotel you will get

The Hyatt MCO is ID 2825

Wait.. Is this true? On our last cruise in 2012 we stayed at the Hyatt mco then in the morning went downstairs, checked in for the cruise, we're given a boarding pass (group 2) and took ME to the port where we just waited until we were called

If there is no check in at MCO anymore then what are the advantages to staying there?

Disney stopped cruise check-in at the airport some time ago (I know it was not available by December of 2012). Now the desk opens around 9:15 with first bus around 9:30-9:45. All you get is a bus boarding pass. All check-in for cruise is done at the Port Terminal.

Advantages for staying at the Hyatt MCO, are that they still pickup your luggage in your room and transfer it to the cruise line for you. Other than that, the only advantage is the convenience of the location.

Disney stopped cruise check-in at the airport some time ago (I know it was not available by December of 2012). Now the desk opens around 9:15 with first bus around 9:30-9:45. All you get is a bus boarding pass. All check-in for cruise is done at the Port Terminal.

Advantages for staying at the Hyatt MCO, are that they still pickup your luggage in your room and transfer it to the cruise line for you. Other than that, the only advantage is the convenience of the location.

My Mom and I sailed the Fantasy 12/8/12 and I believe we were among the very last to use this service at MCO as it stopped right after that. It was a great service but since I've done it at least four other times without it now it's not that big of a deal, promise. On our 4/12/14 Fantasy sailing we still received boarding group #2 so no worries!

They start checking in at 9:00am and the busses will leave as they fill up. My my Dream sailing in December it was almost 9:25am (first bus) and for my Fantasy sailing 4/14 it was 9:11am we left (also first bus). The advantage I see is the convenience and also you are among the first in the terminal if that matters. They allow the passengers on the busses into the terminal prior to the people waiting outside. Last month we were in shortly after 10am while the others outside were not let in until 1030am. That's not a deal breaker but just mentioning it :)

Heather

Thanks so much everyone for your help....I booked the Hyatt mco airport through last minute travel for $130 instead of $180. I looked it up as was posted here found the correct code 2825 and then called them cuz it said to call for better price. The woman on the phone told me the price is $170 but she could give me a deal of $5 off ... Wtheck....I told her that her website showed $130 and she asked a supervisor who matched it. She then told me the name and address of the hotel even before I booked it!
All done nice and easy

Thanks so much everyone for your help....I booked the Hyatt mco airport through last minute travel for $130 instead of $180. I looked it up as was posted here found the correct code 2825 and then called them cuz it said to call for better price. The woman on the phone told me the price is $170 but she could give me a deal of $5 off ... Wtheck....I told her that her website showed $130 and she asked a supervisor who matched it. She then told me the name and address of the hotel even before I booked it!
All done nice and easy

Glad that worked out for you :)

Heather

Ok....so slightly :offtopic: but if we are staying there the night before, can I go down at 9am by myself and check us in while DH is feeding the kids in the airport somewhere? Or do we all need to be down there?????

TIA
Emily

Ok....so slightly :offtopic: but if we are staying there the night before, can I go down at 9am by myself and check us in while DH is feeding the kids in the airport somewhere? Or do we all need to be down there?????

TIA
Emily

I don't think you can. On our most recent Dream cruise we used the Hyatt. Disney made us bring everyone up to the bus desk along with their photo IDs or passports. They even made us pull every child up there to verify who was getting the bus passes and if they were listed in our cruise booklet. :( Hopefully others had a different experience.

Cheryl

Is it possible that the Airport Hyatt could be almost sold out a year in advance? I'm booked on the May 2, 2015 Fantasy cruise and the only rooms showing as available for a check-in date of May 1, 2015 are the ADA handicapped accessible rooms. No discounts (AAA, Government) avaliable and the rooms are in the $200 a night range. :crazy2:

Is it possible that the Airport Hyatt could be almost sold out a year in advance? I'm booked on the May 2, 2015 Fantasy cruise and the only rooms showing as available for a check-in date of May 1, 2015 are the ADA handicapped accessible rooms. No discounts (AAA, Government) avaliable and the rooms are in the $200 a night range. :crazy2:

Yes. I booked the night of May 2, 2014 and it was sold out two months before when I booked it (I was able to get a room only because I have Hyatt Platinum status which offers a guaranteed room reservation even when sold out). I thought it was rather strange that an airport hotel would be sold out two months in advance. Upon arrival, I discovered why: there was a high school cheerleader conference of some sort that had a bunch of rooms booked at the hotel. It would not surprise me if they're pre-blocked for the same weekend next year.

Disney made us bring everyone up to the bus desk along with their photo IDs or passports. They even made us pull every child up there to verify who was getting the bus passes and if they were listed in our cruise booklet. :( Hopefully others had a different experience

Why would you hope that others would be allowed to be given bus boarding passes without an ID or document check for everyone in their party?

Why would you hope that others would be allowed to be given bus boarding passes without an ID or document check for everyone in their party?

Simply to utilize my time best. Hoped to check in while they finished with breakfast. Not a big deal just didn't want to go down there by myself to no avail

We don't stay at the Hyatt until next month, but it was my understanding that you basically check in and get in line to board the bus. I don't think there would be any advantage to having one person check in early.

Yes. I booked the night of May 2, 2014 and it was sold out two months before when I booked it (I was able to get a room only because I have Hyatt Platinum status which offers a guaranteed room reservation even when sold out). I thought it was rather strange that an airport hotel would be sold out two months in advance. Upon arrival, I discovered why: there was a high school cheerleader conference of some sort that had a bunch of rooms booked at the hotel. It would not surprise me if they're pre-blocked for the same weekend next year.

A dance competition is doing the same thing to us in Jan. I'll keep checking back as we get closer to see any rooms open up. I forgot what we'er paying but it is almost double what we've paid up to now.

Upon arrival, I discovered why: there was a high school cheerleader conference of some sort that had a bunch of rooms booked at the hotel. It would not surprise me if they're pre-blocked for the same weekend next year.

Was your stay noisy and chaotic with all of the cheerleaders? I don't know if want to stay there if there's going to be alot of screaming teenagers.

I was able to reserve a standard king room @ $199/night. I may have to look into a less expensive option than the Hyatt if discounted rooms don't open up.

We don't stay at the Hyatt until next month, but it was my understanding that you basically check in and get in line to board the bus. I don't think there would be any advantage to having one person check in early.

Yes this is exactly right! They also count the people in the lines and then as they go out to get on the busses so they know when they are full (and then have to wait for the next bus).

Heather

Was your stay noisy and chaotic with all of the cheerleaders? I don't know if want to stay there if there's going to be alot of screaming teenagers.

Other than seeing a few small groups of teenagers without adults in the public areas of the hotel upon arrival, there was nothing unusual. They were not rowdy or noisy at all. In the morning, they were all assembled in a big group in the lobby, but again it caused nothing that would make me not want to stay there.

I always stay at the MCO Hyatt prior to a DCL cruise. The benefits of being able to walk from baggage claim right to the room, and being able to get up in the morning and have it be 20 minutes from alarm clock to when I'm in line for the bus, without having to mess with shuttles in either direction, makes everything so much easier.

When we checked into the dcl bus in August everyone in our party had to be there and have id .... We had to wait a few minutes for our son and daughter to catch up to us (both are adults so u don't think I just randomly left my kids running around mco lol) before we could check in and get in line for the bus

I agree with checking all documents. I was only suggesting it would be easier for people with youngsters if they didn't actually have to walk them up to the podium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter