Hyatt MCO Orlando Airport

Donald & Daisy Duck

<font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!
Anyone know of any discount codes for the Hyatt at MCO airport? We will probably be arriving late the night before our cruise (because of the cost of airfare..yikes) and want to stay at the MCO Hyatt but right now the price is 180.00 per night or 170.00 if you have AAA - that seems high to me.
Any ideas?

I'm not sailing until October, and the room rate is over $200 :-/ I'm interested to see if anyone has any info! (Or another family of two would want to split a room on September 30th?? :P )

Anyone know of any discount codes for the Hyatt at MCO airport? We will probably be arriving late the night before our cruise (because of the cost of airfare..yikes) and want to stay at the MCO Hyatt but right now the price is 180.00 per night or 170.00 if you have AAA - that seems high to me.
Any ideas?

Look into a Hyatt "stay" certificate for the date you need. It is basically pre paying at $149 plus shipping if I remember correctly:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

If you haven't already, run a search on Kayak.com. You might find a cheaper rate there.

Jodie

Look into a Hyatt "stay" certificate for the date you need. It is basically pre paying at $149 plus shipping if I remember correctly:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hyatt has revamped their stay certificate program and now they are only sold as corporate incentives. No more selling them to regular people! This was told to me by a Hyatt rep. I think if you are currently holding the old stay certificate they can be used but now they switched to these Hyatt Night Certificates.

From their website:

Hyatt Nights Certificates
What are Hyatt Nights Certificates?
Hyatt Nights Certificates are 1-night certificates valid for use at participating Hyatt hotel locations. They are sold to business entities for the purpose of employee recognition and rewards, loyalty program rewards, incentives, gifts and more. More information.

How does a Hyatt Nights certificate holder make a reservation?
Recipients of a Hyatt Nights certificate may book certificate reservations here and follow the instructions on the certificate. Or, call Hyatt reservations (800-555-0233). Outside the U.S., call the nearest Worldwide Reservation Centre.

Does the Hyatt Nights Certificates need to be presented at the hotel?
Yes, once a reservation has been made for a Hyatt Nights certificate, the guest must surrender the certificate at check-in for the corresponding reservation.

Can a certificate recipient upgrade their accommodations?
A Standard guest room is extended to the recipient. Rooms are assigned at check-in. Suite and Concierge level upgrades are currently available only when booking on Hyatt.com.

Can I purchase Hyatt Nights Certificates for myself or as an individual gift?
As long as you own or work for a legal business entity you may purchase Hyatt Nights Certificates for business use here. Hyatt Nights are not available to individual consumers. We suggest buying Hyatt Gift Cards or Check Certificates for yourself or others as gifts.

I’m holding a Hyatt Stay Certificate, how does it differ from Hyatt Nights?
You can redeem your Hyatt Stay Certificate the same as a Hyatt Nights Certificate. Simply follow the instructions on the certificate for booking and redemption procedures.

What is the difference in a Hyatt Nights and Hyatt Stay Certificate?
Hyatt Nights has replaced the Hyatt Stay Certificate. Hyatt Stay Certificates were discontinued on January 7th, 2014

Where can I purchase Hyatt Weekend and Spa Certificates?
Hyatt Weekend and Spa Certificates were discontinued on January 7th, 2014, however certificate holders of these types of certificates may still redeem the certificate until the expiration date printed on the front, if any.

Are taxes included when using a Hyatt Nights Certificate?
Yes. All applicable taxes are included when using a Hyatt Nights, Stay, Weekend or Spa Certificate. Gratuities, resort fees and other incidentals are not included.

Do I receive Hyatt Gold Passport tier credit towards earning status when I redeem Hyatt Nights Certificates?
No. Hyatt Nights stays do not earn tier nights/stay credit, however eligible spend on incidentals will earn Hyatt Gold Passport points in accordance with the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

MJ

The prices you found are about typical for this hotel.

The Stay Certificates were great but as MMouse37 explained, they are no more.

If you use an AMX card that gets you Membership Rewards points, you can buy Hyatt gift cards with your points. We always try to find the cheapest rates, occasionally they offer a AAA Hot deal rate, which is around $170 but also includes breakfast. Then we buy Hyatt gift cards with Membership Rewards points to reduce the cost.

This hotel will always be more than an "off airport" hotel. You are paying for the location and convenience, (it also a more high end hotel than most of the close "off airport" hotels). We chose to stay there for those reasons and the luggage transfer service to the cruise line. After years of staying at an "off airport" hotel or at the Port, we have started staying at the Hyatt MCO and using Disney transfers pretty much every time we sail from Port Canaveral, it is just a better, more relaxing, experience for us.

You are paying for the convenience of staying in the airport. There are dozens of hotels within a mile of the airport that are a lot cheaper and they will shuttle you to and from the airport.

I know that many will say that this is too much work but you cant always have your cake and eat it too. :rolleyes1

I used Booking.com and got my room for $153.00 USD a night for September (fly in late Friday night for a Saturday cruise)...I booked it in February though.....without breakfast (I figure we will go to the terminals in the airport to eat in the morning before we get on the DCL bus).

I used Last Minute Travel Club and got a room for 117.00- I booked in April for our september cruise.

Any ideas?

This doesn't seem to me to be very pricey but I understand wanting to pay less...have you thought of staying at pop or the allstars? You can take the ME even late at night to the resort and then next morning take the dcl bus over to port. :thumbsup2 defiantly would be cheaper and still very disney :goodvibes

The Marriott, Sheraton, Hampton, etc all just 1 mile from the airport run around $100.00/night give or take.

IMO...the value/convenience of staying at the Hyatt MCO took a hit when DCL stopped checking you in for the cruise at the airport. It's still convenient, but as much as before. And at the price tag it usually carries...other options may be better when getting in to MCO fairly early in the day. If you're arriving at MCO late (I would say dinner time or later), it's still probably the best option.

I saw that a one-night charge is applied if reservation is canceled three days prior to reservation stay. Can you get a full refund if room is canceled earlier than that?

Wait.. Is this true? On our last cruise in 2012 we stayed at the Hyatt mco then in the morning went downstairs, checked in for the cruise, we're given a boarding pass (group 2) and took ME to the port where we just waited until we were called

If there is no check in at MCO anymore then what are the advantages to staying there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter