Hyatt MCO and DCL Bus

Brookem823

Earning My Ears
Hi! My first DCL cruise departs very soon and I’m looking for some answers to a couple logistics questions. Thanks!

How does the luggage transport work from Hyatt MCO to our stateroom? Has anyone lost luggage using this service?

How do you get from the Hyatt to the bus?

Does anyone recommend a certain time to try to get the bus? I have 2 toddlers and prefer not to make them wait a while.

Hi! My first DCL cruise departs very soon and I’m looking for some answers to a couple logistics questions. Thanks!

How does the luggage transport work from Hyatt MCO to our stateroom? Has anyone lost luggage using this service?

Does anyone recommend a certain time to try to get the bus? I have 2 toddlers and prefer not to make them wait a while.

You just leave your luggage in your room and they come pick it up in the morning. We did this last year and had no issues.

From your room in the Hyatt, you just walk to where the Disney Magical Express area is in the terminal. We were up early and anxious to get going so we went down around 8:30 am and were on a bus by 9. We had a LOOONNNGG wait at Port Canaveral though, so I don't recommend doing that unless your kids want to wait around a couple hours to get on the ship.

Last edited:
The first buses leave starting a little after 9am. It’s about a 45 minute drive to the port. They usually start boarding the ship 11:15-11:30.
The terminal is very crowded until boarding starts
Port Arriving Time:
There is some confusing information on this part. I’ve read recently that if you are taking Disney Transportation from the airport!! you can pick a Port Arrival Time. You can do this when your booking window opens (75 days prior for first time cruisers). The earlier your Port Arrival Time the lower your boarding number. The earliest PAT at Port Canaveral is 10:30-10:45. The long lines to board are usually gone 12:30-12:45.
Restaurants and pools open 11:45-12:00. Cabins available 1:30
So... depending on what time they get up you will be waiting at one place or the other.
Staying at the hotel you’ll have your room to relax??lol in. Or being at the cruise terminal can be exciting. The characters come out for pictures. There is a outside balcony where you can see the ship.
Remember cabins not available until 1:30. Luggage may not be delivered until later in the day. Keep a small day bag with you with anything you may need until luggage is delivered

Last edited:
To add to what PP said, when you check in at the Hyatt, they will have an envelope in your name with an explanation letter and a tear-off coupon that you hand at the DCL CM, with your room number and number of pieces of luggage. It is used to make sure all luggage is accounted for.

We have used the service multiple times and never lost anything. The luggage is brought directly to a DCL truck from the room. Make sure you do not place your day bags near the door. We usually go to breakfast - the buffet is really good - then go grab our day bags then walk down to the shuttle around 8:45. We like arriving early and don’t mind waiting in terminal. We always find enough to do there. To get to the bus, follow the signs for Magical Express. There are escalators and an elevator. The DCL zone is on the left, just before the ME area.

With toddlers, it might be easier to catch the bus around 11:30. You’ll get to the terminal around 12:15 and will probably be able to walk on the ship immediately or after little wait. Boarding begins at 11:30 but it takes around an hour to clear the terminal.

Yes, I've done it and it worked like a charm. When checking in at the Hyatt, tell them that you're taking a DCL transfer bus to your Disney cruise and that you'd like to use their luggage transport service. They'll tell you exactly what to do (leave luggage in your room by the door by a certain time). Don't forget a cash tip for the porters.

Service at the MCO Hyatt is very good, btw. It's a nice hotel.

I will agree with the previous posters. As exciting as it is to get to the ship the port can be crazy until boarding starts. I like to arrive at the port around 12:30 or 1. The port is relatively quite and you walk right on the ship. Your toddlers will thank you! You can grab breakfast at the airport, there are a lot of restaurants outside security, and they leisurely make your way to the bus.

We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt several times and used this service. It works great! The latest was a couple weeks ago for our March 30 Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. A couple of additional points:
  • Make sure your TA or you call DCL to inform them you are staying at the Hyatt and want to use the luggage service. This notification is something new within the last year. This will help to ensure your envelope with the luggage form is ready. When you check in, tell them you are using the service.
  • We went down the DCL bus check in area near the Magical Express around 8:45. You will need to check in with a DCL CM to get a boarding character sticker. They now board based on these stickers (Mickey, Minnie, etc.). This was new since our 2017 cruise and I didn't have a sticker until boarding started. Instead of bus #1, we got #2. No big deal.
  • On another note, we're Gold Castaway Club members. I did my Online check in the minute I could, I think 100 days from sailing. Usually that helps to get a low boarding number, different from the Port Arrival Time (PAT). My flight numbers changed a few days from sailing so I updated my info in the Online Check In. We ended up being assigned Boarding #11, which was about 45 minutes after boarding started. Not sure if updating the airline flight info resulted in a higher number but we were bummed to wait so long.
Have a great cruise!

We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt several times and used this service. It works great! The latest was a couple weeks ago for our March 30 Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. A couple of additional points:
  • Make sure your TA or you call DCL to inform them you are staying at the Hyatt and want to use the luggage service. This notification is something new within the last year. This will help to ensure your envelope with the luggage form is ready. When you check in, tell them you are using the service.
  • We went down the DCL bus check in area near the Magical Express around 8:45. You will need to check in with a DCL CM to get a boarding character sticker. They now board based on these stickers (Mickey, Minnie, etc.). This was new since our 2017 cruise and I didn't have a sticker until boarding started. Instead of bus #1, we got #2. No big deal.
  • On another note, we're Gold Castaway Club members. I did my Online check in the minute I could, I think 100 days from sailing. Usually that helps to get a low boarding number, different from the Port Arrival Time (PAT). My flight numbers changed a few days from sailing so I updated my info in the Online Check In. We ended up being assigned Boarding #11, which was about 45 minutes after boarding started. Not sure if updating the airline flight info resulted in a higher number but we were bummed to wait so long.
Have a great cruise!
So now you have to call DCL in advance to arrange the luggage transfer? I wasn't aware of this.

From what I had read on this board a few months ago, Yes. When I talked to my TA in December to make my Pay in Full, I asked her to tell DCL. She didn't question why so I assumed it was now the policy.

So now you have to call DCL in advance to arrange the luggage transfer? I wasn't aware of this.

Yes. There was a couple threads about the issue when the policy changed.

Apparently if you don't notify DCL in advance, you will have to bring your luggage to the DCL buses yourself, or pay the Hyatt to bring them.

see

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-mco-hyatt-luggage-transfer-policy.3695986/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-mco-hyatt-policy-for-dcl-luggage-transfer.3691995/

Yes. There was a couple threads about the issue when the policy changed.

Apparently if you don't notify DCL in advance, you will have to bring your luggage to the DCL buses yourself, or pay the Hyatt to bring them.

see

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-mco-hyatt-luggage-transfer-policy.3695986/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-mco-hyatt-policy-for-dcl-luggage-transfer.3691995/
This seems to be a rule only if you didn't book the Hyatt via Disney, is that correct? We always book via DCL, so I'm wondering if a phone call would be necessary in my case.

This seems to be a rule only if you didn't book the Hyatt via Disney, is that correct? We always book via DCL, so I'm wondering if a phone call would be necessary in my case.
Exactly. If you booked the room through DCL, you do not have to contact them to receive luggage service. We sailed twice since the changes and they had the letter waiting for us at checkin. We always book the room through DCL and without a TA.

Exactly. If you booked the room through DCL, you do not have to contact them to receive luggage service. We sailed twice since the changes and they had the letter waiting for us at checkin. We always book the room through DCL and without a TA.

I am using Costco/TA for the first time on my upcoming cruise. I booked Hyatt on my own. Is it generally less expensive or is there any other benefit to booking though DCL? Can I even do that with a TA?

I am using Costco/TA for the first time on my upcoming cruise. I booked Hyatt on my own. Is it generally less expensive or is there any other benefit to booking though DCL? Can I even do that with a TA?
Everything you can do yourself, your TA can do. There are limitations when you book through DCL : you can only book one night, you can only book a basic room (no specific view) and they chose the bed configuration based on how many you are. However, DCL charges a flat rate equivalent to the best online rate usually available, currently 229$. Hyatt does price surges that can hike the price of rooms up to 450 $.

Thanks everyone! Even though my upcoming cruise will be my 12th on DCL, and the second time we have stayed at the Hyatt pre-cruise, I still learned something here and saved money! I changed my direct booking with Hyatt to booking through DCL with my TA. Saved about $40 and I can use Disney Gift Cards to pay so that will save me even more money.

Everything you can do yourself, your TA can do. There are limitations when you book through DCL : you can only book one night, you can only book a basic room (no specific view) and they chose the bed configuration based on how many you are. However, DCL charges a flat rate equivalent to the best online rate usually available, currently 229$. Hyatt does price surges that can hike the price of rooms up to 450 $.
We are sailing in October 2019 and got a rate of $230 for the Hyatt booking with DCL. If I booked on the Hyatt website for a Friday night it was close to $300. This is for 2 adults accessible.

You can request a given room type when booking via DCL, but there will be no guarantee. You can also request it upon arrival. When we checked into our DCL-booked Hyatt stay, I asked if we were booked in the type of room we'd requested. We weren't (no issue as that was not guaranteed), but they quickly changed the room to what we wanted. Great service at the Hyatt.

Another bonus to booking it via DCL is that it will be prepaid. No bill at checkout beyond what you spent during your stay.

Thanks so much for posting this! I had booked a room for our spring break 2020 cruise. Usually I get a pretty good deal because I'm able to book the federal government rate, but it didn't seem that great this time so I called DCL and booking through them saved me about $25. Like the previous poster said they also told me that they put in the notes my request for two beds since it is my daughter and myself.

My very knowledgeable TA told me that even when the Hyatt is reserved through Disney, the luggage transfer still has to be added. It is not automatically done though some TA's might automatically add it for their clients.

My very knowledgeable TA told me that even when the Hyatt is reserved through Disney, the luggage transfer still has to be added. It is not automatically done though some TA's might automatically add it for their clients.
I’ve done three Hyatt stays after the changes, always booking through DCL on my own, and I’ve never had to ask for the service either with DCL or with the Hyatt. They always had an enveloppe with my name and the luggage transfer instructions at check-in. They also have a list that they check at the front desk with all the rooms requiring luggage transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter