Hyatt House or Homewood Suites?

seasalt81

Mouseketeer
After the previous (very helpful!) advice of staying closer to the parks and rethinking VRBO, I think I've narrowed our options down to the Hyatt House and the Homewood Suites. I've read good and bad things about both and, while I'm sure either will be fine, I just wanted to see if anyone here had feedback from recent stays at either hotel.

As far as our considerations, we need a kitchen (hence these two choices) and cleanliness is super high on my list of priorities given my daughter's allergies and asthma. I don't know if October in Anaheim is pool weather but if so, my daughter will definitely want to swim. Other than that, we don't mind using Uber/Lyft to get to the parks, though it sounds like Hyatt House in particular is reasonable walking distance.

Any feedback is much appreciated! After searching hotels and rentals for the past several days, my head is spinning!

I have not stayed at either of these places, but my brother is a fan of the Homewood Suites Convention Center. He said the rooms were spacious and clean. He liked having the hot breakfast available and definitely liked being able to have a beer at the evening social. His family usually walked back and forth to the parks. Having stayed at the Doubletree a little further down the street in the past and walked to and from the parks for several days in a row, I can tell you that many will find that Homewood walk a bit much as a repeat experience over the course of days. I regularly walk 4-5 miles per day anyway so didn't mind too much though it does get a bit tiresome by day 3 or 4. I have read that some people like to catch the buses from the Toy Story parking lot and/or ride the buses back there to reduce some of the walking.

I stayed at Homewood by the convention center within the past couple of years. I thought it was a good deal. The only issue I personally had was that the beds were more firm than I prefer. Otherwise, no complaints at all. I don't have experience with Hyatt House in Anaheim, but I've stayed at others regionally that were very good. Either is going to be better than a house rental. If you go with the Homewood by the convention center, you can always use the Toy Story lot shuttles if you don't feel like walking as far.

We have stayed at Homewood Suites several times. Good kitchens, clean, not too big, great breakfast and free dinner mon to thurs. We walk approx 3-5 minutes to Toy Story lot and catch the shuttles there and back. Nice reception, warm cookies at night, tea and coffee station in the foyer with couches.

With the Hyatt House you can easily walk to Disneyland. From Homewood suites you can easily walk to the bus stop at Toy Story parking lot and wait for the bus that will take you to Disneyland. Both hotels are fine. Hyatt House is pretty new and within walking distance so the choice is pretty easy in my opinion.

I’ve only stayed at Hyatt House but I had a very good experience there. Large rooms. Clean and new. Good breakfast included and there’s a Walgreens right in the lobby. You do need to pay for parking though.

The walk is a little further than the S Harbor hotels but totally doable. It took me about 12 mins to the bag check pushing a double stroller walking at a spirited pace. One morning the S Harbor gate was backed up so I walked around to the downtown Disney side and it was less than 20 mins but I prob saved myself 15 mins of standing in line.

Good luck

I’ve stayed at Homewood several times, most recently in May. We really it there, no complaints. We usually walk to the Toy Story lot and catch the shuttle to/from the parks just to save our feet a bit of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter