Husband 40th birthday surprise - ideas needed

Leanoh

Earning My Ears
My husband will turn 40 November of next year. I took him to his first Disney trip this past January. He loved it and has been hinting how bad he wants to go back. I would love to plan a surprise trip for his 40th birthday next year. I'm not a very creative person and need some ideas on how to reveal the surprise. Everything I have seen online has been for kids. We probably will be flying and will only spend 5-6 days in Orlando, likely 2-3 days at Disney parks. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and wants to go to Galaxy's Edge. Any ideas would be appreciated! It'll just be the two of us on the trip.

My husband turns 40 next December, and we're going over his birthday, too! We happened to go last year over his 38th, and I surprised him with the Star Wars Guided Tour. Now they haven't run them since Galaxy's Edge opened BUT I am willing to guess they will have some version of the tour by November 2020...they're crazy if they don't IMO! I literally printed out my confirmation and the description of the tour and gave it to him in a card before we left for the trip. Not very creative but he loved it, and the tour was awesome!

I would 100% make reservations for Oga's Cantina for drinks, and if you think he would want one, at Savi's Workshop for a lightsaber. My husband built one last month and it's hanging in our family room :rolleyes2

I would buy him a couple new Star Wars shirts, a fun Star Wars-themed magicband (or stickers to make it Star Wars-y) and a gift card, and give it to him before you go.

How fun!

I am taking my partner for her 40th in February! We decided to go a few days after her actual birthday so that we could stay home and celebrate with friends and family over the weekend of her birthday then hit the resort for a week of magic :smickey:

She does know we are going, but has never been, and has zero idea of anything I have planned.

I really like doing the cakes at different dining locations as something fun for a surprise. Even the room decorations, having some special items like milk and cookies, or strawberries and champagne delivered to the room is an extra treat.

I also decorate my room/window/door myself as I have for years with all my Disney travel.

As far as a big reveal to announce the surprise to him, I love the watch/magic band suggestion. Or maybe something in the mail? Like a package with many boxes he has to open with different clues in them. I have done a scavenger hunt before, with clues and such to announce surprises. I guess it depends on the person what they might find fun and exciting.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!